• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Right Fights Evil —- The Left Fights the ‘Redskins’

Vincent

@#$% the 'narrative'
Reaction score
BTW, the "indigenous peoples" I've met take umbrage at being called "Native Americans". They prefer "Indian". I'm not entirely sure that "Redskin" is viewed as offensive. And I don't recall meeting an Indian with red skin.

We could take instruction from the Seminoles and their embrace of Florida State's 'Noles. The Seminoles love the 'Noles and the 'Noles love the Seminoles. I like how they've woven more Seminole into the new unis. All good.

fsu2.jpg

What I'd lie to see is the 'Skins adopt the Indians more along this line and showcase their heritage. I'd also like for leftist tools to STFU and mind their own business. Yeah, that'll happen.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
Just because the Native American community doesn't have established entitled whiners like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson doesn't make the use of the word Redskin ok... Name another culture that is used as a mascot for sporting teams? If there were other teams named the Yellowskins or Blackskins, do you think they would have had their names changed? I'm not saying that there are not more pressing matters in Washington then changing the name of a multi billion dollar football team, but to say that native american groups that are upset about it have no right to be upset is just ridiculous.

Fighting Irish

Celtics

Stewey

Reaction score
Fighting Irish

Celtics

And I bet if the general Irish population objected to it today, the name and logo would cease to exist tomorrow...no debate, no resistance , no "controversy", no "ifs', "ands" or "buts"...exaggeration of course, but the public without a doubt would be way more empathetic toward the Irish. Indians don't matter.

It is obvious that the Irish do not deem the little leprechaun offensive, so no biggie. The question is is whether Indians find offensive the use of their culture as sports mascots, or is this just another libtard cause? ... because those a-holes know better than everyone else whats best for society.
If Indians truly don't mind, then leave it be....if they as a population find it offensive, then someone please tell me who the **** are we to tell them its not?