• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Official Thread Dedicated to "Biden Destroying Us"

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Proof? Give me $50 that I'll pass on to a friend and I'll clue you in a little more.

You don't flood a country with 11 million plus people for any other reason. And we're talking over 100 countries. It's far from people who live in Mexico and South America.

Which has also allowed fentanyl and human trafficking to flourish. It's killing a lot of our citizens and it could easily be crushed, but they don't care in the least.

They thrive on chaos and crisis. Every day they're in power downgrades the country as a whole.
I agree with what you are saying, but the person who sent out the tweet made it seem like some kind of bombshell revelation that there were flyers hanging up in a non governmental organization. Evidence would be a recording / email / any type of communication stating that "we need illegals in the country to win the election."

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
turd doesnt fall far from the anus

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
438240311_10233723151207179_7863244329183207893_n.jpg

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
"Bomma was politically savvy enough not to go full bonkers Libtard and Biden is not."
No.
Bomna was too early in the cycle to go "full retard", but now we're seemingly there.
For a lot of people, full retard is still better than Bad Orange Man.
Touring San Juan, PR today. Found a Roberto Clemente plaque and took a pic. Also got a pic standing next to a “I <3 PR” sign to prove I’m not rayciss.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
1713881857504.png

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
For a lot of people, full retard is still better than Bad Orange Man.
Touring San Juan, PR today. Found a Roberto Clemente plaque and took a pic. Also got a pic standing next to a “I <3 PR” sign to prove I’m not rayciss.
Ark would never

xjx

Reaction score
And Tara Reid is hiding in the U. K. fears returning to the us because Biden wants her silenced.

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
You will see a substantial amount or nursing homes shutter as this result. The timing couldn’t be worse with not enough beds and staff as it is. Tone deaf

Most U.S. nursing homes will need to add staffing under a federal rule announced Monday that for the first time sets minimum staffing ratios nationwide for homes that care for elderly and disabled people.

The rule, announced Monday by Vice President Kamala Harris, mandates that nursing homes meet minimum staffing requirements for registered nurses and nurse aides. The rule is intended to limit cases of resident neglect or delays in care, a lingering issue that was exposed when more than 200,000 nursing home residents and staff died from COVID-19 in the first two years of the pandemic.

Experts call the rule a significant step toward bolstering nursing home quality and safety.

“This is the most important nursing home reform in decades,” said David Grabowski, a professor of health care policy at Harvard Medical School. “We need more staff in nursing homes. This is a big development in terms of setting a floor such that nursing homes can’t grossly understaff facilities.”

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
You will see a substantial amount or nursing homes shutter as this result. The timing couldn’t be worse with not enough beds and staff as it is. Tone deaf

Most U.S. nursing homes will need to add staffing under a federal rule announced Monday that for the first time sets minimum staffing ratios nationwide for homes that care for elderly and disabled people.

The rule, announced Monday by Vice President Kamala Harris, mandates that nursing homes meet minimum staffing requirements for registered nurses and nurse aides. The rule is intended to limit cases of resident neglect or delays in care, a lingering issue that was exposed when more than 200,000 nursing home residents and staff died from COVID-19 in the first two years of the pandemic.

Experts call the rule a significant step toward bolstering nursing home quality and safety.

“This is the most important nursing home reform in decades,” said David Grabowski, a professor of health care policy at Harvard Medical School. “We need more staff in nursing homes. This is a big development in terms of setting a floor such that nursing homes can’t grossly understaff facilities.”
There's already a critical shortage of RN's now, and while I believe this to be a noble move to help protect the elderly, the basic concept of supply and demand will come into play.
I'm not the economist that Flog is, but I would wager that your opening sentence would be correct. In order to hire the nursing staff required, a substantial monetary incentive would have to be offered, which would in turn would raise the already absurd costs of nursing homes. But wait, I forgot, the Federal government could simply pay for it all, problem solved.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score

The old way used to just go by ppd which meant you could have 50 staff on daylight and 10 on night and still be in compliance. Now you have to have so many CNAs, LPNs, RNs, etc etc per resident per shift. We have been following the ratios for a while, but it is tough. The biggest issue is agency staffing. Pre - covid agencies were not used much. Once covid hit agency staffing exploded and started gouging nursing homes. Another effect was staff leaving homes for agencies which gave them more pay and less responsibilities / consequences. Alot of agency staff call off or just don't show up and there is not much you can do other than designate them as "do not return. " Last Sunday we were heavily overstaffed and 6 agency staff either called off or just didn't show up. When they do show up alot are terrible workers or just not good humans. I do think the ratios are a good thing, but they need to fix the agency issues.

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
That's not far off from reality.
Maybe more than you know. I was talking to a good friend from high school last night. Her daughter is a professor at Columbia, seeing all of this first hand. These "protestors" have created a terrible situation there. They get arrested and suspended, but of course are immediately released. They come back, get charged with trespassing, and again are immediately released. They're now setting up encampments, a tent city, if you will.

At least 30% of Columbia students are Jewish, and the school is beginning to lose a bundle in philanthropic funding. The surrounding streets are filled with NYPD and there's talk of bringing in the National Guard, but of course, a politician would have to be involved in that decision.

On Monday, Columbia began setting up virtual classes to keep everyone safe. I can think of another approach that would do that.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Maybe more than you know. I was talking to a good friend from high school last night. Her daughter is a professor at Columbia, seeing all of this first hand. These "protestors" have created a terrible situation there. They get arrested and suspended, but of course are immediately released. They come back, get charged with trespassing, and again are immediately released. They're now setting up encampments, a tent city, if you will.

At least 30% of Columbia students are Jewish, and the school is beginning to lose a bundle in philanthropic funding. The surrounding streets are filled with NYPD and there's talk of bringing in the National Guard, but of course, a politician would have to be involved in that decision.

On Monday, Columbia began setting up virtual classes to keep everyone safe. I can think of another approach that would do that.
Time to call in Mr Plow

xjx

Reaction score
And now reports of face-lift. That along with the fake jog. Joe is looking young and spry. I bet he gets more than 81M votes this time. He will get as many as are needed.

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
The old way used to just go by ppd which meant you could have 50 staff on daylight and 10 on night and still be in compliance. Now you have to have so many CNAs, LPNs, RNs, etc etc per resident per shift. We have been following the ratios for a while, but it is tough. The biggest issue is agency staffing. Pre - covid agencies were not used much. Once covid hit agency staffing exploded and started gouging nursing homes. Another effect was staff leaving homes for agencies which gave them more pay and less responsibilities / consequences. Alot of agency staff call off or just don't show up and there is not much you can do other than designate them as "do not return. " Last Sunday we were heavily overstaffed and 6 agency staff either called off or just didn't show up. When they do show up alot are terrible workers or just not good humans. I do think the ratios are a good thing, but they need to fix the agency issues.
There is so many things I could unpack here.

Do you need more staff during the day when residents need to get up, fed, showered, toileted, activities,…..vs when they are sleeping? Also what kind of care is done on those hours? Mostly I need to go to the restroom and the occasional incident.

your in PA if I recall. Pa did adopt some sort of this not to long ago if I’m correct. But what pa didn’t do if adjust the ******* terrible reimbursement rates which imo are one of the worst in the union minus some NE states like CT.

You want to mandate more hours. Fine. You want to mandate higher level of personal, good. Then you must adjust significantly the rates of reimbursement.

There are no staff to hire. There are no higher level of folks to get. Agencies have free rein on their ridiculous rates.