• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The most storied/interesting franchises

P

POP

1. Call me biased but the Steelers are the top of the list. Not only do they have the most rings (and don't give me that crap about world titles before the Super Bowl era, I simply don't care about those day at all, in any way; if there is a show about that era, I switch the channel) but they have been mostly a good team since the early 70's until now. Our worst seasons - and they are rare - are 6-win seasons. Even in their "bad years) they usually hover around .500; they have never had a total collapse like the Browns and Bengals frequently produce, like 3-13 seasons. And, for the majority of seasons, they are either a play off team or flirting with it. Even the supposed great Cowboys have full crap seasons. We have had virtually none since 1971. That is impressive indeed. Our uniforms are bad ***. We have had a boatload of iconic players through the years, including Mean Joe, Bradshaw, Swann, Lambert, Franco, Rocky, Mel, Bettis, Woodson, Lloyd, Ben, Hines, Harrison, et al. And we have our own wing in the Hall of Fame.

2. Dallas. Hate them or not, they deserve here. Love 'em or hate 'em, the brand is iconic. And they have fielded some of the best teams in the history of the game, whether we are talking the '70's or that group in the early/mid 90's. Stabach and company or Aikman and company were two of the best teams ever in the NFL.

3. Packers. Tons of history and a big fan following. Their fans show up at away games almost in the same force as the Steeler fans do.

4. Pats. 20 years ago, they would be near the bottom of this list, but 8 Super Bowl appearances and 4 rings later, they make the list. Brady will probably go down as the best QB to ever play the game.

5. 49ers, for obvious reasons.

Honorable mention: Oakland Raiders, Redskins, Giants.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
1. Call me biased and a cheatriot fan,but the Steelers are the top of the list. Not only do they have the most rings (and don't give me that crap about world titles before the Super Bowl era, I simply don't care about those day at all, in any way; if there is a show about that era, I switch the channel) but they have been mostly a good team since the early 70's until now. Our worst seasons - and they are rare - are 6-win seasons. Even in their "bad years) they usually hover around .500; they have never had a total collapse like the Browns and Bengals frequently produce, like 3-13 seasons. And, for the majority of seasons, they are either a play off team or flirting with it. Even the supposed great Cowboys have full crap seasons. We have had virtually none since 1971. That is impressive indeed. Our uniforms are bad ***. We have had a boatload of iconic players through the years, including Mean Joe, Bradshaw, Swann, Lambert, Franco, Rocky, Mel, Bettis, Woodson, Lloyd, Ben, Hines, Harrison, et al. And we have our own wing in the Hall of Fame.

2. Dallas. Hate them or not, they deserve here. Love 'em or hate 'em, the brand is iconic. And they have fielded some of the best teams in the history of the game, whether we are talking the '70's or that group in the early/mid 90's. Stabach and company or Aikman and company were two of the best teams ever in the NFL.

3. Packers. Tons of history and a big fan following. Their fans show up at away games almost in the same force as the Steeler fans do.

4. Pats. 20 years ago, The patriots played an honest game, they would be near the bottom of this list, but then CHEATING got them to 8 Super Bowl appearances and 4 rings later, they make the list. Brady will probably , NO definately go down as the best CHEATING SCUMBAG QB to ever play the game.

5. 49ers, for obvious reasons.

Honorable mention: Oakland Raiders, Redskins, Giants.

Salute the nation

Last edited:

rpollock

Reaction score
1. Stillers
2. Packers
3. Cowgirls
4. 49ers
5. Raiders

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Steelers
Cowboys
Packers
Raiders

Proud traditional teams. Iconic. Another quality I admire about these teams is their minimal uniform tweaks. They have maintained a signature look through out the time. The Steelers a bit more modern, but still holds true to the black top, yellow pants. Although I hate the Cowboys and Raiders. Their uniform is unchanged and simple. Even with the current nike designs, these teams maintain. Packers untouched and still traditional. You can go on with these teams

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd have the Raiders up there, but they constantly underachieve. Even when they were great in the 70s, they needed Pit to lose all their RBs to beat them in the playoffs. That and they haven't had a winning season since they last made the SB in 2002. 13 straight non winning seasons and counting...

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd have the Raiders up there, but they constantly underachieve. Even when they were great in the 70s, they needed Pit to lose all their RBs to beat them in the playoffs. That and they haven't had a winning season since they last made the SB in 2002. 13 straight non winning seasons and counting...

As much as they under achieve, just the logo alone is iconic though. There are teams like the Texans, Chargers, Seahawks, etc who are great now, but the logo just doesn't have that iconic feel like the Steelers, Raiders, Cowboys, Packers

black and gold apex

Reaction score
The biggest question, if Bill-I-Cheat was such an outstanding coach why cheat?? If Brady was such a outstanding QB of all times why get involved with air pressure? What did Bill-I Cheat do prior to Brady arrival? Again ball boys jeopardize a great job to screw with balls on their own, oh yea we would all do that.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Steelers
Packers
Cowboys
Raiders
49ers

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
gotta add the Bears in there.... Monsters of the Midway, 85 defense etc....... great history

1.Steelers
2. Packers
3 Cowboys
4. Giants
5 Bears

Reactions: MTC

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
MOST Storied and HONEST

1.) STEELERS
2.) Packers
3.). Cowboys
4.) 49ers
5.) Raiders
6.) Detroit
7.). 71,602 other teams of varied sports
8.) Russian Olympic summer team 2016
9.) Lance Armstrong US Postal Bike
10.) New England cheatriots****

Salute the nation

FordFairLane

Reaction score
brady not the best qb to play no matter how far his dick is down your throat

******* spit my beer out when I read this!

FordFairLane

Reaction score
1. Steelers/Packers
Sorry gotta say Wisconsin people love their packers like Pittsburgh people love their Steelers. It's tic for tac if you want to argue for either. And I feel both are light years ahead of the rest.

3. Cowboys
4. Raiders
5. 49ers
6. Bears

steelrzgirl

Forefather
Reaction score
**** the Patriots. Unless you are a millennial you know them for what they are. Cheats and Rog's babies. Kraft is a douche bag of epic proportions. They are the reason I stopped buying licensed merch for years.

Its this got damned easy. Like it or not, Al Davis is an icon, a hate one, but he is part of the fabric of the NFL. Him, the Rooneys, the Maras, Halash.

And when I think of Dallas, I dont think Jerry Jones, I think of Tom Landry. I will give honorable mention to the Oilers because I love me some Earl Campbell.

1. Steelers
2. Raiders
3. Bears
4. Pack
5. Dallas

P

POP

and Im still asking if Belicheat was such a ******* genius why didnt he do **** in Cleveland? He's coaching tree cannot succeed outside of NE. Why is that? BECAUSE THEY CANT ******* CHEAT

He did do ****. He had them in the playoffs after years of blowing. It wasn't until that they announced the move that they went back to being in shambles. Watch the "A Football Life.1995 Cleveland." Really good show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu8_KCdPB4g

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Yeah, Saben looked great with the Dolphins... problem is with college it's all about the horses. He gets there best recruits and then coaches them down so they can't succeed in the nfl.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
Yea, because some guy name Nick Saban hasn't done very well.

Saban is a great college coach. I am not impressed with his pro career.

P

POP

Yeah, Saben looked great with the Dolphins... problem is with college it's all about the horses. He gets there best recruits and then coaches them down so they can't succeed in the nfl.

And all he has done is become the greatest college coach of all time. How is that a "problem?" He gets the best players and coaches them the best. He is a customer of one of my clients.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
P

POP

dun dun dun Patriot lover to the rescue! !

I am a "Patriot lover" when factually pointing out what Belichick did while head coach for the BROWNS.

You really need to address your use of SSRI drugs in order for you to begin to think using a modicum of intelligence.

Which of these are you taking?

Citalopram (Celexa)
Escitalopram (Lexapro, Cipralex)
Paroxetine (Paxil, Seroxat)
Fluoxetine (Prozac)
Fluvoxamine (Luvox)
Sertraline (Zoloft, Lustral)

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/obsessively-yours/201001/five-reasons-not-take-ssris

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I am a "Patriot lover" when factually pointing out what Belichick did while head coach for the BROWNS.

You really need to address your use of SSRI drugs in order for you to begin to think using a modicum of intelligence.

Citalopram (Celexa)
Fluoxetine (Prozac)
Fluvoxamine (Luvox)

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/obsessively-yours/201001/five-reasons-not-take-ssris

derp derp drugs

Patriot Pop stacking Ls just like the Pats would be if they weren't cheating.

yep

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score

Citalopram (Celexa)
Fluoxetine (Prozac)
Fluvoxamine (Luvox)

Damn POP's!