• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Electoral Map

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Have not paid much attention to the polls or to the status of electoral votes - but paid a visit today to the RealClearPolitics electoral map function. This race comes down to Iowa, Georgia, Missouri, Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Indiana, and Arizona. (I give Wisconsin, Virginia and Nevada to Clinton.)

Trump needs to win every state listed. That is a tall order ... no, that is basically impossible.

I think he is may well win Ohio, Indiana, Missouri, Iowa, North Carolina, Georgia, and Arizona, possibly even Florida, but I just do not see him winning Pennsylvania. If he wins the noted states, and loses Pennsylvania, he loses the electoral vote 278-259.

Right now, polling data show Clinton with a 6 point advantage in Pennsylvania. If she avoids dropping dead over the next two months, I don't see how she loses a 6-point advantage in the state.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
If we could only sell Philadelphia to New Jersey, things would be a lot better.

Spike

Reaction score
Have not paid much attention to the polls.

CrnC7UEVMAEvBtf.jpg

-----------------------------------------------

CNN Poll: Clinton Blows Double Digit Lead, Trails Trump By Two Points Nationally

A new CNN poll shows Republican Donald Trump has closed an 11-point gap with Democrat Hillary Clinton and leads her nationally in the race for the White House

Trump tops Clinton 45% to 43% in the new survey, with Libertarian Gary Johnson standing at 7% among likely voters in this poll and the Green Party's Jill Stein at just 2%.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepa...oints-n2214263

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The race comes down to Virginia, Florida, Pennsylvania and Ohio.

Trump has to win 3 of those 4 to prevail. If he loses 2 of those states, he loses the electoral college.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Have not paid much attention to the polls or to the status of electoral votes - but paid a visit today to the RealClearPolitics electoral map function. This race comes down to Iowa, Georgia, Missouri, Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Indiana, and Arizona. (I give Wisconsin, Virginia and Nevada to Clinton.)

Trump needs to win every state listed. That is a tall order ... no, that is basically impossible.

I think he is may well win Ohio, Indiana, Missouri, Iowa, North Carolina, Georgia, and Arizona, possibly even Florida, but I just do not see him winning Pennsylvania. If he wins the noted states, and loses Pennsylvania, he loses the electoral vote 278-259.

Right now, polling data show Clinton with a 6 point advantage in Pennsylvania. If she avoids dropping dead over the next two months, I don't see how she loses a 6-point advantage in the state.

Well, Trump is winning in Iowa, Maine, and Nevada. Blue states. He's in the lead in Florida and Ohio too.

If this holds, he wins. Clinton can't get to 270. In fact, if you took out Ohio, Florida, Maine, Iowa and Nevada from Obama in 2012, he's at 269 electoral votes. 270 is needed otherwise the house votes for the winner.

Clinton can't campaign as well as Obama, count on the black vote in the same numbers, is ill, and will lose the debates. Plus she's a proven liar and in many scandals.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/obama_vs_romney_final_results_map.html

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Clinton can't campaign as well as Obama, count on the black vote in the same numbers, is ill, and will lose the debates.

The debates are going to be monumentally important this election.

ark steel

Reaction score
I don't see Trump winning in PA or MI or WI

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Yep. If you run the electoral map, you see Trump MUST win 3 of 4 as to Virginia, Florida, Pennsylvania and Ohio. I think he stands a pretty good chance in Ohio and Florida, but just don't see him winning Virginia or Pennsylvania.

The most recent Pennsylvania poll (taken before the "blackout and get carried into the van" episode, I give you that) indicate that the Hilldog has a 5-point lead in the Keystone state.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
The debates are going to be monumentally important this election.

Unless Hildebeast drops over from "pneumonia".

Yep. If you run the electoral map, you see Trump MUST win 3 of 4 as to Virginia, Florida, Pennsylvania and Ohio. I think he stands a pretty good chance in Ohio and Florida, but just don't see him winning Virginia or Pennsylvania.
No. Too many blacks on welfare in Pittsburgh, Philly, and Harrisburg in PA. Too many Federal employees in Virginia who will always vote for bigger government.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
No. Too many blacks on welfare in Pittsburgh, Philly, and Harrisburg in PA. Too many Federal employees in Virginia who will always vote for bigger government.

Virginia I think is now a safe Democratic stronghold in Presidential contests for the reasons you mention.

If Trump loses both Virginia and Pennsylvania, then lights out.

BurghThing

Reaction score
Plus the governor of VA is doing everything in his power to make sure felons can vote, no way he wins there.

C

Clete

Trump wins easily, more huge shoes to drop on Clinton and the polls in every state seriously underestimate the huge Trump movement in the country.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
come on PA. guys start spreading the gospel.... Trump can win

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
The "new" trump has cut into Clinton's lead very quickly. If he can keep it up and not have major gaffes he has a decent shot. The debates will be interesting. Trump can not win a pure debate vs Clinton. He needs to challenge her without sounding like a 10 year old. I would like to see her have a meltdown on stage with a national audience.

IndySteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I would like to see her have a meltdown on stage with a national audience.

And then **** herself, fall down and have a seizure. It doesn't even need to be in that order, just make it happen. Please, Baby Jesus.

After further review, I would prefer that she has a seizure at the podium, then falls down and then ***** herself. Yeah, that works.

Last edited:

ark steel

Reaction score
The "new" trump has cut into Clinton's lead very quickly. If he can keep it up and not have major gaffes he has a decent shot. The debates will be interesting. Trump can not win a pure debate vs Clinton. He needs to challenge her without sounding like a 10 year old. I would like to see her have a meltdown on stage with a national audience.

A pure debate and Clinton loses to just about anyone. She is abrasive and not nearly as smart as people would like for her to be. "Her" ideas are stagnant and stupid.

C

Clete

Trump is exciting the Reps and people don't realize how bad Romney did in this regard. Romney got 11 MILLION fewer votes than the mediocre McCain in 2008. Me thinks Trump destroys McCains numbers and beats the **** in a landslide.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
And then **** herself, fall down and have a seizure. It doesn't even need to be in that order, just make it happen. Please, Baby Jesus.

After further review, I would prefer that she has a seizure at the podium, then falls down and then ***** herself. Yeah, that works.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to IndySteel again.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

Well see. Hillary has an edge here but it's close and she's fading. At the very least the Dems who seldom spend a lot of money or time in these states in the final weeks will be busy defending them instead of focusing elsewhere.

I think Trump can win in any of these states. If he take 1 out of 3 and wins ohio and Florida he's in good shape.

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score

I would rather see her fall down, then go into seizure and close it by ******** herself under seizure.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, I see that Colorado has now turned into a "toss-up" state, where the most recent poll shows Trump leading by 3 points. If Trump wins Colorado, Ohio, Florida, Arizona, Georgia, North Carolina, Iowa and Missouri, as well as Maine's CD2 (where he is up 10 points), and Hillary wins Virginia, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, New Hampshire, Nevada, Oregon, and New Mexico ... guess what?

The electoral count is 269-269.