• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

The Coronavirus thread

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score
The places around here "request" that you wear a mask. There is no mask mandate by Fuhrer Wolf.

If you see me at the store, I won't be wearing one. If some Karen has an issue with that, I will kindly ask them to **** off. Seriously.
It's bizarre. PA was the strictest place in the country at one point, now it's like covid doesn't exist here. I saw more people wearing masks in Florida a couple weeks ago. What happened to Tommy Boy? Did he realize people weren't digging this **** in PA and he was about to get a Republican elected in his place? Not that I'm complaining.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
It's bizarre. PA was the strictest place in the country at one point, now it's like covid doesn't exist here. I saw more people wearing masks in Florida a couple weeks ago. What happened to Tommy Boy? Did he realize people weren't digging this **** in PA and he was about to get a Republican elected in his place? Not that I'm complaining.
No… PA put a referendum on the ballot last year asking the people to limit the length of the Governor’s emergency powers without state legislature approval… It passed…

The Governor tried to say it wasn’t binding because he didn’t sign it into law, but a public referendum trumps his executive powers… they huffed and puffed about lawsuits, but then backed down… I believe they might try something closer to the midterms so mr wolf can be tyrant supreme yet again, though I’m not certain how he gets around a clear cut check on his power….

madinsomniac

Reaction score

It was actually passed in may of this year… last year the assembly tried to follow protocol and revoke his powers with a vote but he insisted that he could veto a check on his power so they went this route

You notice how few people voted for or against it… that’s because it was virtually ignored by the msm hoping that it would get suffocated by lack of exposure… but honestly if they had hyped it it probably would have passed by a three to one ratio…

Tgere was always supposed to be an ability for the state legislature to end a DOE by the Gov., but he took a stance that he could veto and ignore that action and the Courts agreed with him… its a loophole that absolutely needed closed

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
The greatest thing this ever revealed was those who are truly power hungry. It revealed true character.

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score
No… PA put a referendum on the ballot last year asking the people to limit the length of the Governor’s emergency powers without state legislature approval… It passed…

The Governor tried to say it wasn’t binding because he didn’t sign it into law, but a public referendum trumps his executive powers… they huffed and puffed about lawsuits, but then backed down… I believe they might try something closer to the midterms so mr wolf can be tyrant supreme yet again, though I’m not certain how he gets around a clear cut check on his power….
Oh yeah I forgot about that.

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score
My sister in law has been in the hospital since Wednesday with Covid pneumonia. She is not doing very well. She is 50. Brother in law (her husband) is a doctor, and his words were "All we can do now is wait. This really did a number on her lungs." I'm not sure if she is vaccinated or not, but considering she works for Pfizer, I would imagine she is. I know my BIL is vaccinated. So we are hoping and praying for a good outcome.
I'm sorry to hear that Sarge. Praying she recovers soon.

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score
Yay China!

Top Scientist Lays Out Case for Wuhan Lab Leak – Warns They May Have An Even Deadlier Virus​

That COVID-19 escaped from the Wuhan lab went from a “fringeconspiracy theory” to one of the leading explanations for the pandemic in record time.

Every couple of weeks it seems that there’s a new piece of evidence supporting the theory, and Dr. Stephen Quay laid out the case in his explosive but underreported Wall Street Journal article titled “Science Closes in on Covid’s Origins,” while arguing that a virus far more dangerous may be in that lab.

He spoke to Fox’s Martha MacCallum to discuss it earlier this week. The relevant quotes from the interview are as follows:

Dr. Quay on why all evidence points directly towards the lab: “My work has shown that we don’t need to get inside the institution to answer these questions. And I think that’s an important thing that people realize. I think there’s a lot of kicking the can down the road. But you know, after two years, we’ve done a lot of studies and all of the evidence points directly toward the laboratory. There’s no evidence it supports a natural origin at this point. And so it’s I think I think we’re done at this point with the investigation.”

Dr. Quay on why COVID didn’t come from an animal: “The virus is absolutely pure at the beginning as opposed to having a lot of diversity that you would expect to. That’s a one in a million possibility. And there is no infections in humans in 10000 blood samples that were taken. Again, we were expecting about 400. That’s also a one in a million probability. So the three things in a zoonosis the animal, the virus and the human all point toward a laboratory accident.”

Dr. Quay on a potentially more deadly virus in the Wuhan lab: “..inside the Wuhan Institute of Virology in patients specimens in December 2019. What I found there was that the lab was contaminated with Nipah virus research that’s about two years ahead of SARS-CoV-2. Now, Nipah virus is 80 percent lethal. So this is not, you know, if you didn’t like the pandemic, that was just one percent lethal. This thing they were working on in December 2019 has an 80 percent lethality. It needs to be stopped.”

While video of the above interview isn’t available yet online, Quay did give a similar interview on Fox Business about the article you can watch below:

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Yay China!

Top Scientist Lays Out Case for Wuhan Lab Leak – Warns They May Have An Even Deadlier Virus​

That COVID-19 escaped from the Wuhan lab went from a “fringeconspiracy theory” to one of the leading explanations for the pandemic in record time.

Every couple of weeks it seems that there’s a new piece of evidence supporting the theory, and Dr. Stephen Quay laid out the case in his explosive but underreported Wall Street Journal article titled “Science Closes in on Covid’s Origins,” while arguing that a virus far more dangerous may be in that lab.

He spoke to Fox’s Martha MacCallum to discuss it earlier this week. The relevant quotes from the interview are as follows:

Dr. Quay on why all evidence points directly towards the lab: “My work has shown that we don’t need to get inside the institution to answer these questions. And I think that’s an important thing that people realize. I think there’s a lot of kicking the can down the road. But you know, after two years, we’ve done a lot of studies and all of the evidence points directly toward the laboratory. There’s no evidence it supports a natural origin at this point. And so it’s I think I think we’re done at this point with the investigation.”

Dr. Quay on why COVID didn’t come from an animal: “The virus is absolutely pure at the beginning as opposed to having a lot of diversity that you would expect to. That’s a one in a million possibility. And there is no infections in humans in 10000 blood samples that were taken. Again, we were expecting about 400. That’s also a one in a million probability. So the three things in a zoonosis the animal, the virus and the human all point toward a laboratory accident.”

Dr. Quay on a potentially more deadly virus in the Wuhan lab: “..inside the Wuhan Institute of Virology in patients specimens in December 2019. What I found there was that the lab was contaminated with Nipah virus research that’s about two years ahead of SARS-CoV-2. Now, Nipah virus is 80 percent lethal. So this is not, you know, if you didn’t like the pandemic, that was just one percent lethal. This thing they were working on in December 2019 has an 80 percent lethality. It needs to be stopped.”

While video of the above interview isn’t available yet online, Quay did give a similar interview on Fox Business about the article you can watch below:

Bio weapons lab. Some of the stuff I've come across was the Chinese were working on was ways to make the virus a designer one for certain ethnic groups. Which would be the ultimate weapon and a way to nearly wipe your enemy from the planet without destroying everything or massive contamination from nuclear fallout.

It would appear the world is scared of the Chinese because they sure as hell haven't held these commie ******** accountable for ****.

I'm sure they're still working on it,it's just no longer in Wuhan. There's a million places you could hide a lab like that.
You wouldn't even have to use it,just the threat of it alone would do the trick.

And to think we helped fund these ********. Thanks Dr. Fucki.

Last edited:

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score
Fauci speaks. The world laughs. This cracked me up.

People react now universally to Fauci the way the board reacts to Floggy.

1633997030260.png

Critics mocked Dr. Anthony Fauci Sunday for giving his stamp of approval for families to allow children to go trick-or-treating outdoors on Halloween.

"You can get out there … and enjoy it," Fauci said Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union." "I mean, this is a time that children love. It’s a very important part of the year for children. I know my children enjoy it."

"Particularly if you're vaccinated," he added. "If you're not vaccinated, again, think about that you'll add an extra degree of protection to yourself and your children and your family and your community. So it's a good time to reflect on why it's important to get vaccinated."

1633997115719.png

1633997134557.png

1633997152010.png

1633997170789.png

"What percentage of the American population listens to this guy? Who sees his words and immediately governs themselves based on what he says?" one critic asked, while another jokingly suggested he'd been worried all the candy he bought would go uneaten.

1633997219911.png

1633997241981.png

1633997263184.png

1633997293953.png

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
My sister in law is doing much, much better. At peak, she was taking 60 liters of O2 per minute, now down to 4 liters per minute, basically overnight. So she is out of ICU and recovering. Not sure when she will be able to go home.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

2020 - no vaccine until the VERY end of the year, Trump in office.
2021 - Covid Man Sloppy Joe in office, 17 million already vaccinated, three vaccines available, 77% of adult population vaccinated.

Yet MORE dead in 2021 than 2020, with almost three months remaining. Explain this rationally, Floggy. If you blame the "unvaccinated," you just need to shut down every social media and internet account in your name and go live in a cave.

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
My sister in law is doing much, much better. At peak, she was taking 60 liters of O2 per minute, now down to 4 liters per minute, basically overnight. So she is out of ICU and recovering. Not sure when she will be able to go home.
Great news. Any therapeutics given?

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score

2020 - no vaccine until the VERY end of the year, Trump in office.
2021 - Covid Man Sloppy Joe in office, 17 million already vaccinated, three vaccines available, 77% of adult population vaccinated.

Yet MORE dead in 2021 than 2020, with almost three months remaining. Explain this rationally, Floggy. If you blame the "unvaccinated," you just need to shut down every social media and internet account in your name and go live in a cave.

Just saw this.

5qbn7y.gif

Supersteeler

Reaction score
Whelp my 16 year old tested positive for the Rona this morning. The ***** of it is that this Saturday was his last Cross Country meet of the season and tonight was his sister's 8th Grade Volleyball tournament game. One game away from the Championship. Now they are both quarantined. I just went into his room and checked on him. His temperature is currently sitting at 103.5 and he's feeling pretty ******. Started with a headache and a mild fever last night. Took the test this morning. The wife and I are vaccinated so if we wear masks to work, we can still go in.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Dang man, sorry to hear that. 103.5 is getting into dangerous territory.

Stoney

Reaction score
Whelp my 16 year old tested positive for the Rona this morning. The ***** of it is that this Saturday was his last Cross Country meet of the season and tonight was his sister's 8th Grade Volleyball tournament game. One game away from the Championship. Now they are both quarantined. I just went into his room and checked on him. His temperature is currently sitting at 103.5 and he's feeling pretty ******. Started with a headache and a mild fever last night. Took the test this morning. The wife and I are vaccinated so if we wear masks to work, we can still go in.
You shouldn't allow his temp to stay that high for any period of time, I hope you're giving him alternate doses of acetaminophen and ibuprofen to keep it well below that number. If that doesn't do the trick, try cool (not cold) compresses as well. That is up against the upper end of tolerable for his age.

As an aside, if you're using a 'touchless' thermometer to get that number, you may want to confirm it with an old fashion oral thermometer if you have one.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure. Was curious about that myself. BIL is pretty busy right now, so next time I talk to him I'll ask.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. I hope he recovers quickly and fully.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Just talked to my brother in law, and my sister in law came home last night. Still on a little bit of oxygen, but other wise doing great.

She was treated with remdesivir, dexamethasone (steroid), oxygen, and laying on her belly all day every day. Seems to have worked. Thankful for that.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Good to hear, Sarge. Hoping for the best, Supersteeler.

And my anecdote to let you know the very high temperature probably is irrelevant overall. Twenty or so years ago, I was at home with a pretty bad fever. Taking Tylenol with no effect. Finally go to the hospital, urgent care doctor takes temperature and it is 104° so I ask, "Isn't that a problem?" He responds, "No, not for limited time. We'll take care of it."

Gave my Rx strength Tylenol or whatever, goes down slowly, down to 100° by the next morning. No harm at all.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
FBqqTFdVcAMBDAf

No lockdowns, mask mandates, business shutdowns and yet hospitalizations down 81%?

Huh, almost like it's a virus or something.

Supersteeler

Reaction score
Thanks for the well wishes everyone. The kiddo is doing much better today. His temp actually got up to 104.5 last night. We were getting ready for a hospital trip and then decided to try the old lukewarm/cool bath trick. It worked like a charm. After 15 minutes in there and full of Tylenol and Ibuprofen, his temp fell back to normal within the hour. He hasn't had a fever at all today. He's pretty tired, has a lingering headache, and a cough, but doesn't feel too bad. Sometimes old remedies are still the best.