• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Technical question: how come there isn't any Jason Gildon "highlights" ?

TazManianDevil

Forefather
Reaction score
Am I the only one that can't find any? That is kinda odd for being the Steelers all-time sack leader.

Even Jarvis Jones has two Steeler highlights lol

Supersteeler

Reaction score
He was never liked much when he was a player, At least by many Seteler fans. A lot of them think he even sucked. The team's all time sack leader sucked.....Ironic huh? There is probably your reason.

Last edited:

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
That's because in the opinion of many he was credited with a lot of sacks simply for being the second guy to either fall on the QB or touch him as he was being tackled. That's how the term "dong sack" came to exist and another board I belonged to at the time called him Jason Gildong.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Ah, the Gildong Report...

He was so hated and right now he'd be competing for 2nd best linebacker on the squad.

Competing Hard!

Steel G

Reaction score
I'd love for anybody on this team to get a Gildong sack these days.

obxsteeler

Reaction score
This just reinforces the fact that yesterday as today there were people who never let performance interfere with their judgment.

Supersteeler

Reaction score
This just reinforces the fact that yesterday as today there were people who never let performance interfere with their judgment.

If someone gets on the naughty list, they stay on it. Even if they are the Franchise all time sack leader.

Booted

Less-known member
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
You might have a better chance of seeing Walter Abercrombie highlights...

Steel G

Reaction score
Well played G, I had to watch of course

The funny thing is I just stumbled across that vid a couple weeks ago while youtubing old Steeler vids. And when I read your post I was immediately like, "That exists!"

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
If Jason Gildon in his prime came to us now, he'd be our best outside linebacker. Gildon has his share of " dong " plays, but the truth of the matter is he was a well conditioned player, who was rather opportunistic. Decent vs the run too.

Many moons ago I meet Greg Lloyd in a mall. Gildon was the new projected starter. I asked Greg does he thinks Gildon is ready. Lloyd leaned forward with an angry face. He paused for a moment then under his voice growled " He'd better be "

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
You might have a better chance of seeing Walter Abercrombie highlights...
For a running back, Abercrombie was a very good singer. Seriously.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
Lloyd leaned forward with an angry face. He paused for a moment then under his voice growled " He'd better be "

Did that prompt you to have to make an emergency underwear purchase and change at said mall?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Did that prompt you to have to make an emergency underwear purchase and change at said mall?
Greg Lloyd is genuinely psychotic. It has been reported that off the field Deebo is actually a pretty nice guy.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
Yeah, Lloyd is flat out nuts.

Harrison still gives off a strong "badass mofo" vibe off the field, though.

P

POP

That's because in the opinion of many he was credited with a lot of sacks simply for being the second guy to either fall on the QB or touch him as he was being tackled. That's how the term "dong sack" came to exist and another board I belonged to at the time called him Jason Gildong.

I was on that same board, which, if I recall, was pretty boisterous. Everyone referred to him as "Gildong" and many complained of his "titty fighting" at the LOS, as opposed to actually getting a push to the QB. Obviously, Jason must have had years of decent play to be the all-time team sack leader, but he was completely worthless by his final season. From '98 to 2002 he was solid. I remember after the 2003 season, the team was using media shills, like Peter King to publicly say how good Gildong still was as they were trying to sucker a team into trading for him. It was such an obvious lie and propaganda. Everyone could tell the guy had little left. He went on to have just one more season with 3 sacks with the Jags.

http://www.nfl.com/player/jasongildon/2500805/profile

And OP is right: Even when you youtube Jason Gildon highlights, all the videos are of Lloyd and Greene.