• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Teams of destiny & momentum

SteveA

Reaction score
Every year, every sport has them. The Cubs looked done and rallied from 5 down to snag the playoff series and then the World Series...

The Cavs stormed back from 3-1 to beat the invincible Warriors....Who in the last minutes of game 7 were invisible....

Point is signature comebacks are huge for teams of destiny....

The Steelers are shaping up that way.................4-5 record & reeling off 6 in a row is momentum. Last week was momentum & destiny unveiled.....

:flag::herewego::herewego::herewego::flag:

GRBman

Reaction score
If any team has destiny and momentum right now, its the Dallas Cowboys...13-2 right now and Dak Prescott is playing out of his mind. They'll not have to leave the state of Texas in the playoffs...

While I think Pittsburgh has played some good ball down the stretch, let's be honest, until last week it really wasn't much competition...Colts, Giants, Bills and Bengals? only the Giants are a decent team and nobody can really figure out why...

SteveA

Reaction score
If any team has destiny and momentum right now, its the Dallas Cowboys...13-2 right now and Dak Prescott is playing out of his mind. They'll not have to leave the state of Texas in the playoffs...

While I think Pittsburgh has played some good ball down the stretch, let's be honest, until last week it really wasn't much competition...Colts, Giants, Bills and Bengals? only the Giants are a decent team and nobody can really figure out why...

One factor that gets lost.....Dallas has done nothing for years & often times these first time teams fold fairly under pressure until they develop & learn how to win in the playoffs....The playoffs are a different game entirely....And this is an inexperienced team

Dallas is a young team who may get dumped, and dumped fairly quickly

GRBman

Reaction score
One factor that gets lost.....Dallas has done nothing for years & often times these first time teams fold fairly under pressure until they develop & learn how to win in the playoffs....The playoffs are a different game entirely....And this is an inexperienced team

Dallas is a young team who may get dumped, and dumped fairly quickly

By whom? The only team to beat them all season is the Giants... so that might be true IF they draw NYG in the divisional round...but other than that, I don't really see anyone challenging them until they get to Houston. I mean, Aaron Rodgers is on fire right now...but he's not great in the playoffs. Seattle is a shell of the team that almost went back-to-back... who else is there in the NFC to challenge them?

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
By whom? The only team to beat them all season is the Giants... so that might be true IF they draw NYG in the divisional round...but other than that, I don't really see anyone challenging them until they get to Houston. I mean, Aaron Rodgers is on fire right now...but he's not great in the playoffs. Seattle is a shell of the team that almost went back-to-back... who else is there in the NFC to challenge them?

As much as Seattle has regressed. I still think they are the team of the NFC. SB XL rematch and this time shut those whiny 12th fans up

Penguins&Steelers

Reaction score
I think Green Bay is going to Houston. Those guys are on a roll. We owe them one anyway.

Sent from my Pixel using Steeler Nation mobile app

SteelerAl

Reaction score
Dallas, Atlanta & Green Bay all have Super Bowl potential from the NFC. Seattle is injured and faltering. They can't win on the road. The Giants' offense is too limited.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Dallas is getting that little extra something from the "rog" as both rookies are a great story line for the shield. Who saw the unnecessary roughness penalty called for the tackle on Elliot? What a joke !!!!!

Salute the nation

Reactions: MTC

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I think it is

KC
Steelers
Pats

ATL
Pack
Dallas

one of each will represent...

probably not a stretch prediction but mine none the less

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
AFC
STEELERS. (Yes I'm a certifiable fan of the BLACK & GOLD)

NFC
Who gives a ****

There are several very well matched teams in each devision and am looking forward to the games. My number two Hope is the officiating isn't what determines the games.

Salute the nation

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
AFC
STEELERS. (Yes I'm a certifiable fan of the BLACK & GOLD)

NFC
Who gives a ****

There are several very well matched teams in each devision and am looking forward to the games. My number two Hope is the officiating isn't what determines the games.

Salute the nation

I hope so I hope so

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
There is confidence. I think this team should have plenty of that. However, an away game against the Pat's would test that. Destiny is superstition. Destiny is the 6 or 7 plays that decide a game. And the team that executes them creates their own destiny.

Penguins&Steelers

Reaction score
There is confidence. I think this team should have plenty of that. However, an away game against the Pat's would test that. Destiny is superstition. Destiny is the 6 or 7 plays that decide a game. And the team that executes them creates their own destiny.
I'm usually very pessimistic but I think this year we get them. Maybe it's just all the built up have I have for them. I want to see it so badly, I don't even want them to lose in the 2nd round.

Sent from my Pixel using Steeler Nation mobile app

SteveA

Reaction score
Tough crowd......Trying to get some mojo & momentum going here team....work with me here

Forgot the Steelers don't have cheerleaders....What the heck am I doing?

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
We have a great chance of beating the cheaters this year. but before we play them, we will have to teach new terminology to every play on offense and defense. Iam sure they know ours inside and out from eearlier in the year.Probaly taped and gone over by Ernie

ps over 10 years and still a rookie?