• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Vikings game thread #SteelersSuckHasNoLimits

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah it was punched out. If that defensive players misses hitting that ball it's a TD.

That was as good a pass as it gets.

That was an absolutely beautiful pass, maybe one of the best I've seen Ben make this year. Great defensive play unfortunately.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I was on Facebook and you tube at the beginning of the season predicting an 8-9 9-8 season while all the kiddos like Wig were flaming me telling me Super Bowl predictions...and when I brought up that no one has ever overhauled an o line and had success the next season, or that QB play would hamper us I really got flamed. Well I'll admit I was wrong...no way this team makes 8-8-1 now.
Point of clarification... Wig never predicted a SB victory. Not with Mike Tomlin.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
One problem with this team is they draft regardless of heart. Tuitt, DJ, Bush all very talented, NO heart.

The other problem is Tomlin can’t motivate or discipline them whatsoever. They need to be humiliated on the field to get motivated. This game it was too little, too late. Discipline… They get an interception down by 22, They celebrate. Claypool picks up a first down with seconds left, the clock ticking and no TOs. He takes time to celebrate. No discipline.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Coaching. Whether play calling or molding the young guys not to be dumbasses. This team lacks it. Period.
Just a lot of dumb football which points back to coaching. They aren't coaching them up and putting them in the best position to win. They refused to double Jefferson early. They refused to up tempo the offense early. Sutton had his worst game at corner than I can remember. The run defense was blowing chunks. Bad special teams. You look at every unit on this team and there is a fail there minus Najee. They often look lost or bewildered and that isn't a new seasonal problem. This team will continue to be the mediocre middling team until changes to the coaching staff.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
I was on Facebook and you tube at the beginning of the season predicting an 8-9 9-8 season while all the kiddos like Wig were flaming me telling me Super Bowl predictions

Wig is your fakebook friend?

steelcan58

Reaction score
Claypool should get blamed for his **** show pose but it really comes down to the culture of the team and a lack of discipline. Tomlin let Smith Schuster get away with his pregame bullshit last year too. It's lack of focus. You get bad starts and bad results. But it's what I've come to expect with this Hall of Fame coach.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
That was an absolutely beautiful pass, maybe one of the best I've seen Ben make this year. Great defensive play unfortunately.

And also consider he was under pressure. If this game hasn't shown you, you're lost beyond hope if you think Ben is even close to being the Achilles heel of this team. They were looking at him at the end for guidance instead of Tomlin.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Claypool should get blamed for his **** show pose but it really comes down to the culture of the team and a lack of discipline. Tomlin let Smith Schuster get away with his pregame bullshit last year too. It's lack of focus. You get bad starts and bad results. But it's what I've come to expect with this Hall of Fame coach.
Oh it's even more than that. You have bad decisions revamping an Oline with rookies and not adequately replacing Tuitt. Then you hire within to fix a coaching problem. If you don't have an X and O - HC you need your coordinators to be able to pick up the slack. Bad challenges, undisciplined players, rotation of players with some that shouldn't even see the field. 13 games in and no improvement. Just do us right and coaching clean house after the season. Colbert time for you to call it quits too.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
The thing with JuJu is even with his social media presence, when the whistle blew, he shifted mindset. The problem is others don't have the same mentality. Claypool brings his off-field personality to games. Way too many bone-headed mistakes and doesn't show his talent nearly enough.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
One problem with this team is they draft regardless of heart. Tuitt, DJ, Bush all very talented, NO heart.

The other problem is Tomlin can’t motivate or discipline them whatsoever. They need to be humiliated on the field to get motivated. This game it was too little, too late. Discipline… They get an interception down by 22, They celebrate. Claypool picks up a first down with seconds left, the clock ticking and no TOs. He takes time to celebrate. No discipline.

Bunch of children need a spanking to adjust their attitude. I was yelling at the TV when they did that celebration after the int. Claypool while having this great ability, some of which he used with contested catches,also is immature. Bitching about ******* music and celebrating bullshit is just foolish.

These guys are unpolished and unprepared. They've looked like this for a long long time. This season it's boiling over.

I would have replaced the whole coaching staff 5 years ago.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Oh it's even more than that. You have bad decisions revamping an Oline with rookies and not adequately replacing Tuitt. Then you hire within to fix a problem. If you don't have an X and O - HC you need your coordinators to be able to pick up the slack. Bad challenges, undisciplined players, rotation of players with some that shouldn't even see the field. 13 games in and no improvement. Just do us right and coaching clean house after the season.
For the second or third time Tomlin talked about fixing the OL and DL. He waited about 9-10 months too long to figure this out.

steelcan58

Reaction score
The thing with JuJu is even with his social media presence, when the whistle blew, he shifted mindset. The problem is others don't have the same mentality. Claypool brings his off-field personality to games. Way too many bone-headed mistakes and doesn't show his talent nearly enough.
He did. But it still lacked professionalism. Sets a bad example for the young players. And here we are with what we have today.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
For the second or third time Tomlin talked about fixing the OL and DL. He waited about 9-10 months too long to figure this out.
On a team that relies on pedigrees you can't make bad decisions in free agency.That is on Tombert.

maowv

Contributor
Reaction score
This team needs a damn Army Drill Sergeant to run things for a while, players and coaches alike.

Straighten their ***** up real fast or go home.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
This team needs a damn Army Drill Sergeant to run things for a while, players and coaches alike.

Absolutely. When you see your 18-year veteran QB chewing his HC's *** out on the sidelines, I'd say there's a problem with discipline.

MB47

Reaction score

We have a jock sniffing players coach who knows nothing about discipline. It is his sorry *** that has made this team soft ,undisciplined ,lazy and arrogant. A team that 100 percent reflecting their head coach

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
I was on Facebook and you tube at the beginning of the season predicting an 8-9 9-8 season while all the kiddos like Wig were flaming me telling me Super Bowl predictions...and when I brought up that no one has ever overhauled an o line and had success the next season, or that QB play would hamper us I really got flamed. Well I'll admit I was wrong...no way this team makes 8-8-1 now.
Coach is that you?????

no one gives a **** what you were posting elsewhere

hell we wouldn't care if you were posting that **** here

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah something stinks for sure Coolie. And that's what I said to the ******** when he was surmising his thoughts on Canadians - nobody gives a ****.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
This… exactly this… people want to claim lack of talent … that simply isn’t true… slow development, absolutely… undisciplined play, sure… unfocused? Well lack of talent doesn’t nearly erase a 29 point deficit in a quarter…

They took Minnesota lightly, as usual… they dug a pit they couldn’t get out of then finally started competing

People talk about how we get better in tge fourth… well guys start paying attention to the assignments by the fourth… we also get more aggressive… how many contested catches did we have because we cant get open? As it gets later you force more passes.. its the same reason our d often collapses late

We weren’t ready to play until late in the third yet again… this isn’t a ben roethlisberger thing or a matt canada or a kieth butler thing… it has followed this head coach regardless of coordinators or starters since he got here… we overlook teams because of the culture..

I remember dick lebeau dressing down anthony smith for high stepping a pick six into the end zone… now we spend more energy on turnover celebrations than stopping a run… nobody plays to tge whistle… you see guys standing around doing nothing regularly as a ball carrier is still active… our wrs have zero fundamentals… last year they couldn’t even catch a ball… this year their routes remain sloppy, they ole block too much, they don’t do scramble drills and they barely sell routes that aren’t primary or secondary…

The oline, Tes, and rbs are all confused regularly on blocking and all need a lot of work on it… but mostly they need to pay attention and not just go through the motions for a half before finally getting it together. However it was obvious that they weren’t ready to play in a dome with that noise last night… all that is on coaching…

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Tough night, but what a great finish.

The Vikings can crow all they want, they know that they made it out by the skin of their teeth last night. Muth had that ball and a defender made a great play on it. He doesn't, and odds are better than not that the Steelers win that game... from 29 down.

Consider that... 29 down and they had the opportunity to tie the game in the TE's two hands. (That's not an attack on Muth, the defender made a great play.) Just, truly. Take a moment to appreciate what almost happened.

That would have been a better comeback than the Bills had on the Oilers in the (1st or 2nd?) round of the playoffs some 20 years ago. Truly epic.