• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers sign ex Cheat Stevan Ridley

Spike

Reaction score
Look like POP hacked your account...

tumblr_nhvvruw41W1txeruoo1_500.gif

LeXX75

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know anything about this Ridley, he may be the answer to our needs...or not. What gets my goat is that we have a practice squad with reserve players that practice with the team, know the plays and are already part of our salary cap system. Time after time we overlook these guys and pick up a guy from the UPS dock and throw them on the roster. If they were that good, why weren't they on our practice squad instead of the guy we had on the PS ?

confused.jpg

A lot of these UPS dock guys you refer to have no practice squad eligibility..which is why they weren't on them.I would think A guy like Ridley would not have been allowed to be on a practice squad

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Ridley has hardly played what the last two years and had fumble problems. I am hoping he doesn't see the field.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
IMO Ridley was brought in for his 'knowledge' of the *'s inner workings...

Someone, like me, thinks we're going to see those clowns again REAL SOON and thus the signing.

If it were me, I'd have promoted Watson...

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
I'll take Watson, a guy who has fought with these men and put in the time/sweat equity 100% of the time over a "Ridley" type signing. Guy has had fumble issues, a less than 3 ypc the last couple seasons he has played AND played for the pos cheating Massholes. Watson has far greater upside and familiarity with our playbook (although Ridley may have had it too, coming from the cheatriots).

I'd definitely give one of our guys the shot over a scrap heap rusty retread. One play away from this featured in the backfield Ridley/Touissant

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
A lot of these UPS dock guys you refer to have no practice squad eligibility..which is why they weren't on them.I would think A guy like Ridley would not have been allowed to be on a practice squad

Good point Lex, I didn't think of that BUT unless this guy is a special teams demon, I still don't get it. There's no way they have plans to put him on the field as a RB so why is he a better candidate than Watson....jus sayin

IMO Ridley was brought in for his 'knowledge' of the *'s inner workings...

That's also a possibility Kev but we have the Dog Killer episode in the not so distant past, just to name one.. so there's the distinct possibility that somebody doesn't know his *** from a hole in the ground when selecting replacements for injured players .

Last edited:

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
not according to coach. <------ which is a ****** name for a guy who never has. Coach says D will is better than bell.

Jeepers how long ago was that...???? I hope I never upset you as you need to let things goooooo.!!! I'm not standing up for coach but seems like a petty thing to reply quote on. Was that about two years ago? ******* coach

Salute the nation