• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers select Dri Archer in Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vader

Reaction score
I know that, but it's a false premise. The intention was not to only use him as a KR. They did try to incorporate him into the offense.

He had no position. He was too small to play RB in the NFL. He couldn't play WR. His college coach even said it was a mistake to play him at WR in college. Seriously what position did they expect him to play?

black and gold apex

Reaction score
Who cares about Archer he is out the door he produced nothing. look at the field today who in their right mind though that Jones would be out after what 9 or 10 plays and Ben could play and be protected as well as he was. All those Ben haters only wished they had a player as Ben, talk about being a player. the only ones not impressed was network removing game from here in the Raleigh area and the NFL channel showing high lights of the game showing hot shot Mansiel and his run stooped at the one. Ben broke another record no respect. That was one hell of a performance from the offense today. I just wish Brown would act as a star, that flip could have been another injury for what, come on be a pro not another look at me player. What set the play up was just impressive, Williams runs and Ben's throw. Thumbs up to the defense to stop the Browns when they did and some great hits. I will say the tackling is iffy at times.

Bigappleyinzer

Reaction score
I agree with Trog on this one.. Its a little revisionist history to think that Archer was only drafted as a KR/PR. The intent, as I understood, was to have him do the KR/PR at first, but to also use him as a 'swiss knife' utility player like Tavon Austin or Stefon Diggs.

But guess what happened last year?

AB solidifies himself as a top 3 WR in the League
Bell becomes a top 3 RB
And Bryant looks like Randy Moss lite

The success of our other draft picks basically rendered Archer useless in the offense. It's not really the worse thing in the world when you think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.