• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Rookie of the Year

Who gets your vote for Steelers Rookie of the Year?

• Total voters

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
The media already voted and the Steelers clinched their playoff spot, so who gets your vote for the Rookie of the Year? Unlike most years, the Steelers have three deserving candidates:

Artie Burns
Games: 15
Starts: 8
Tackles: 57 (47 solo)
Pass Defensed: 12
Interceptions: 3

Sean Davis
Tackles: 61 (47 solo)
Sacks: 0.5
Pass Defensed: 5
Interceptions: 1

Javon Hargrave
Games: 14
Starts: 12
Tackles: 25 (16 solo)
Sacks: 2.0
Fumble Recoveries: 1

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
A huge secondary weakness, turned into a improvement.

So I will have to look at the first two options.

Both Davis and Burns have had ups and downs with arrows on all three options pointing up, obviously.

But Burns plays a position that is very difficult to play compared to SS.

And with the INTs and pass Ds favoring him to boot, I have to go with Burns.

I will note I am happy with all three.........

steelhurt

In Andy I trust....
Reaction score
All three deserving but if I have to pick one its Artie Burns. The kid really stepped up and is developing nicely. Don't think you would be disappointed by any of these young guys winning though.

SteveA

Reaction score
whoever knocked the pass away to hold Bens second interception to a FG wins it. Game changer.

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Picked Burns, but all three are making their case for it. Really bad situation for the team, huh.:nod:

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
whoever knocked the pass away to hold Bens second interception to a FG wins it. Game changer.

I think it was Davis...amazing play.

The rookie "triplets" have played great for the most part.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
I voted Artie. But really it should be split between him and Burns

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
I think it will be Davis. They have him playing every where....he just has to learn to finish plays off.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
I went davis he has played multiple positions as a rookie. and our defense settled down when he became starter

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
The media already voted and the Steelers clinched their playoff spot, so who gets your vote for the Rookie of the Year? Unlike most years, the Steelers have three deserving candidates:

Artie Burns
Tackles: 57 (47 solo)
Pass Defensed: 12
Interceptions: 3

Sean Davis
Tackles: 61 (47 solo)
Sacks: 0.5
Pass Defensed: 5
Interceptions: 1

Javon Hargrave
Games: 14
Starts: 12
Tackles: 25 (16 solo)
Sacks: 2.0
Fumble Recoveries: 1

At last one of these stats is off. Didn't Davis have 1.5 sacks?

Burns is the easy choice here as he made the most impactful plays. With him Gay can play the slot.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
My vote is burns.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I voted Hargrave. More so because he's in the trenches. And the defense seemed to turn for the better when he got playing time. I like Davis and Burns. I tend to think a secondary is only as good as it's pass rush. So all the big boys in the trenches get love from MTC

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
http://www.steelers.com/news/articl...l-awards/fd9e9c4d-ea5f-4f17-883c-a5dc384744ee

Moats, Davis honored with annual awards
Posted 25 minutes ago
Arthur Moats won 'The Chief Award' and Sean Davis won the 'Joe Greene Great Performance Award.'

Award season is in full effect at the UPMC Rooney Sports Complex, and Arthur Moats and Sean Davis are the last winners, receiving the Pittsburgh Chapter of Pro Football Writers of America’s annual awards.

Moats was named the recipient of the “The Chief Award,” which was established in honor of Steelers’ founder, Arthur J. Rooney, Sr., and is presented annually to a member of the Steelers’ organization that best exemplifies the spirit of cooperation with the media that he embodied.

Moats has played in 15 games in 2016, starting five of them. He has recorded 3.5 sacks, including a single-game career high 2.0 sacks against Cleveland on November 20.

Davis, the Steelers’ second-round draft selection in 2016, received the “Joe Greene Great Performance Award,” given annually to the Steelers top rookie. Davis has played in all 15 games in 2016, starting eight of them. He became the first Steelers’ rookie defensive back to start a season opener since 1997.

On the season, Davis has started in seven of the 15 games he has played in and recorded 60 tackles, ranking fourth on the team, and is tied for fifth among all NFL rookie defensive backs. He has also added a half-sack and one interception.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like I was right, along with 5 other SNers. Davis is the cream that rose to the top.

But seriously, this was the toughest class to judge since we had so many great contributors. Way to go rooks! You're not even playing like rooks now, you're playing like seasoned vets. Keep getting stronger and let's win one a year early!