• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers open contract talks with Timmons and AB

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...t-talks-lb-lawrence-timmons-wr-antonio-brown/

no big surprise here IMO

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Would love to have Timmons back but as a two down LB, and I think Williams is ready to start ahead of Timmons at this point, but neither are 3 down LBs

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Would love to have Timmons back but as a two down LB, and I think Williams is ready to start ahead of Timmons at this point, but neither are 3 down LBs

I think they aske more of Timmons when he is on the field than they do Williams. L.Timmons is still a good LB and I bet he signs in the 4mil range.

Salute the nation

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
I think they aske more of Timmons when he is on the field than they do Williams. L.Timmons is still a good LB and I bet he signs in the 4mil range.

Salute the nation
I don't disagree, but like I said, neither are 3 down LB's at this point and Williams maybe the best tackler we have.

bmoritz

Reaction score
Timmons has been great for us, but he's too slow now. We need to stop this, we hold on to some guys too long, eating up valuable space. I hate them, but this is exactly the type of mistake the Patriots don't make, they don't keep the over the hill stars around.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Timmons has been great for us, but he's too slow now. We need to stop this, we hold on to some guys too long, eating up valuable space. I hate them, but this is exactly the type of mistake the Patriots don't make, they don't keep the over the hill stars around.

Brady says high.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Cheatriot mistakes are in the tune of leaving t*mmy b*y's helmet laying around so Flutie could listen in all the way up to the snap..........

Salute the nation

Reactions: MTC

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Lol. Maybe

Doug Flutie himself attested to that. Mmy b*y isn't the all American QB everyone thinks he is, due to the extensive cheating. We will never know what part of him is the GREAT part, the Honest Abe or the cheating ******???????

Salute the nation

ark steel

Reaction score

"holding on too long" is only a problem if you are overpaying. If you can get Timmons for $4m, that is a good deal. Williams ain't as good as Timmons. Having Timmons there lets Shazier play the game the way he can because he doesn't have to worry. The problem is that you don't need to call a D play where Timmons is chasing the RB down the field. Williams don't make that play, either.

bmoritz

Reaction score
True Ark. I don't hate Timmons, and wouldn't be opposed to bringing him back, but only on the cheap. We can't fill all our holes this year, but we need to prepare for life without Timmons. He's still smart and can make plays, but he's slow now, and that's not coming back.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Timmons has gotta be a team friendly contract, 2-3 years at most. Front load it if possible. AB's deal I wouldn't expect to get done until summertime unless we plan on going after some free agents and want his situation handled prior to then. I would be shocked if Bell isn't franchise tagged.

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
Whether we bring him back or not, the guy can't cover, we need to get younger and faster there, like I said Williams isn't good in coverage, but I bet he can out run Timmons right now, that ******* defense where we leave both ILB's on the field every play is trash if Timmons or Williams is your OLB opposite Shazier

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Whether we bring him back or not, the guy can't cover, we need to get younger and faster there, like I said Williams isn't good in coverage, but I bet he can out run Timmons right now, that ******* defense where we leave both ILB's on the field every play is trash if Timmons or Williams is your OLB opposite Shazier

He's not like Farrior was at the end of his career, yet. He still tackles extremely well. We don't have anyone to replace him. Best bet is to bring him back short term and draft a replacement.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
we need a rover safety instead of another ILB next to Shazier on passing plays.

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
we need a rover safety instead of another ILB next to Shazier on passing plays.

Exactly, if Timmons comes off on passing downs/situations then yeah he's fine.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Exactly, if Timmons comes off on passing downs/situations then yeah he's fine.

You can't blame Timmons for being put in those situations. They should be converting Robert Golden into a tweener so he can play MLB next to Shazier on passing downs.

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
You can't blame Timmons for being put in those situations. They should be converting Robert Golden into a tweener so he can play MLB next to Shazier on passing downs.

I'm definitely not blaming him, it's the coaches that kept him out there.

nitsuj1225

Reaction score

Not sure replacing Timmons with Golden on passing downs is even an upgrade. Not really a Golden fan.

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Ever since Timmons re-committed to maintaining his physical ability and dropped a few pounds to become lighter on his feet and more nimble, he became a beast through the second half of the year. He might not be a great cover guy but he still makes big INTs given the opportunity, and has shown surprisingly good pass rushing ability. I'm happy to bring him back for 2 more years at a more cap-friendly deal than he was on before, absolutely.

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
He's a huge liability in the passing game, that's very obvious, if we use him on passing downs again, be prepared to be NE's ***** again.

muncher

Banned
Reaction score
He's a huge liability in the passing game, that's very obvious, if we use him on passing downs again, be prepared to be NE's ***** again.

im already prepared regardless of where timmons plays

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score

LOL @ the idea that using Timmons on passing downs is the catalyst to being NE's *****. We will be their ***** again, and this will be pretty far down the list of reasons why