• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers’ Omar Khan Is Working On Securing A Massive Playmaker: “Very Close To Landing A Significant Playmaker”

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
Moore likely Moore isnt as bad as we make him out to be... some of the issues he gets downgraded on are the absurd stuff we do where we intentionally dont give him help knowing he will get beat and just running the play away from him... PFF oline stats are by far the absolutely dumbest and least correlated stuff ever concocted. His biggest issue is occasionally speed rushers and honestly most average LTs have that issue... he hasnt shown himself to be a great passblocker though and I dont want that at LT
He gave up 8 sacks last year, I don't think that is a great stat for a LT. He is ranked near the very bottom list of starting LTs each and every year. As a rookie, that's understandable, but in his 2nd and 3rd year, it reeks of Tomlin favoritism. I guess Moore had a childhood Shades could relate to and that means endless starters' position (until now as Kahn has put an end to such foolishness).

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
who do you like from the list of availables ?

• Tyler Boyd
  • Michael Thomas
  • Hunter Renfrow
  • Zay Jones
  • Mecole Hardman
  • Marquez Valdes-Scantling
  • Corey Davis
  • Julio Jones
  • Russell Gage
  • Allen Robinson
  • Alex Erickson
  • Lynn Bowden
  • Scotty Miller
  • Jalen Guyton
  • Randall Cobb
  • Sterling Shepard
  • Robbie Chosen
  • Richie James
  • Jakeem Grant
From that list give me Hardman to keep him safe from future black outs

Boyd or Thomas as an option B

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
who do you like from the list of availables ?

• Tyler Boyd
  • Michael Thomas
  • Hunter Renfrow
  • Zay Jones
  • Mecole Hardman
  • Marquez Valdes-Scantling
  • Corey Davis
  • Julio Jones
  • Russell Gage
  • Allen Robinson
  • Alex Erickson
  • Lynn Bowden
  • Scotty Miller
  • Jalen Guyton
  • Randall Cobb
  • Sterling Shepard
  • Robbie Chosen
  • Richie James
  • Jakeem Grant
I am going to go with Scotty Miller. Because when you got the time we got the…….

He can chip in as a returner and has good speed. On offense his light frame will knock him around like we are playing a pinball machine. Not many catches but it will be entertaining. In a smack yourself over the head with a frying pan sort of way.

😁

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
$4.5M for Boyd is very reasonable. I doubt though that's what he was asking originally from the Steelers. I'm inclined to believe he tried to hold them over a barrel due to:
1. Legitimately thinking he was worth more and,
2. The Steelers' lack of a #2 and/or slot WR at the time they were negotiating with him.
After the draft, when players are just looking for employment for the next year, prices tend to drop.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
$4.5M for Boyd is very reasonable. I doubt though that's what he was asking originally from the Steelers. I'm inclined to believe he tried to hold them over a barrel due to:
1. Legitimately thinking he was worth more and,
2. The Steelers' lack of a #2 and/or slot WR at the time they were negotiating with him.
After the draft, when players are just looking for employment for the next year, prices tend to drop.
2. we agree but the question is why the titties and not the Steelers?

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
and they have a young QB that should be in place for years
There is also other factors that may or at not be n play.:

1 They never offered him a contract. They might have just felt around to see what he was asking and it was too rich for them even to entertain.

2 They offered him a contract but there was a time restriction on it. After this amount of time the offer is null and void.

3. They low balled him say a vet minimum offer. He held out to see if he could get more.

Maybe one of these options hit home maybe they didn’t. But with how little he did ultimately end up getting you have to think the Steelers interest was minuscule.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
There is also other factors that may or at not be n play.:

1 They never offered him a contract. They might have just felt around to see what he was asking and it was too rich for them even to entertain.

2 They offered him a contract but there was a time restriction on it. After this amount of time the offer is null and void.

3. They low balled him say a vet minimum offer. He held out to see if he could get more.

Maybe one of these options hit home maybe they didn’t. But with how little he did ultimately end up getting you have to think the Steelers interest was minuscule.
Or, Boyd was a little butt hurt after he wasn't able to get what he wanted from the Steelers prior to the draft and there was no way he was going to sign with them when his price was falling and other teams were showing interest. Ego is a helluva thing.

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
I am going to go with Scotty Miller. Because when you got the time we got the…….

He can chip in as a returner and has good speed. On offense his light frame will knock him around like we are playing a pinball machine. Not many catches but it will be entertaining. In a smack yourself over the head with a frying pan sort of way.

😁
So how is Austin III any different? Both 5'-9", under 175 LBs. At least Miller has SOME production to speak of (500 yds, 3 TD in 2020).

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
So how is Austin III any different? Both 5'-9", under 175 LBs. At least Miller has SOME production to speak of (500 yds, 3 TD in 2020).
Austin is on the bubble. You don’t bring in that many WRs in the offseason and be considered safe. Even though they aren’t high tier players he shouldn’t get too comfy. As far as what makes them different as you mentioned Miller has some past production and he has more snaps as a returner as well.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Scotty may have produced, but he had 2 very good WRs (Evans, Godwin) to occupy coverages. Not saying he is a bad signing, but i wouldn't expect him to light the world on fire. Wilson seems like a slot guy as well who moves the chains and works the redzone. I