• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Film Room - Demarcus Ayers

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
You all KNEW I had to post this

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN Home Page/2016/08/steelers-film-room-demarcus-ayers-vs-lions/

FordFairLane

Reaction score
I'd agree he looked positive in his limited action. I wonder if they aren't playing him much because something they see in practice, or maybe they want to stash him on the ps figuring Rogers is ahead of him and don't want to keep 6 receivers on the 53 man.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Hard to say. His reverse run was an extremely well blocked play. I was hoping to see something as a return man

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
when the opposing team only punts 3 times it is hard to share the returns. He did have the longest punt return for the Steelers...granted it was only 2 yards, not a lot of blocking on that kick

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
The reverse was well blocked, but he stayed patient and followed his blockers instead of passing them and getting tackled sooner....

P

POP

I will admit he looked promising for the few touches he had. At least he is showing more potential than a certain midget taken a few years ago.

Ghost of Frenchy Fuqua

Reaction score
Other than Brown, and with Bryant gone, the rest of the receivers as a whole are mediocre (and overrated).

They practically have no choice but to keep Rogers AND Ayers.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Other than Brown, and with Bryant gone, the rest of the receivers as a whole are mediocre (and overrated).

MEDIOCRE ??????

Salute the nation

Ghost of Frenchy Fuqua

Reaction score
Absolutely.

Wheaton has been inconsistent, Coates is unproven (and looked awful the other night), and Heyward-Bey is good for one or two catches a game (if that).

For the three of them, the definition of mediocre.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
MEDIOCRE ??????

I agree. Wheaton is a nice No. 3 who can maybe be a decent No. 2 if he can develop the consistency as pointed out above. Coates has huge upside, but has shown very little of it in game situations and DHB is a good fourth option. This offense that looked like it was going to be so stacked is now down Bell for four games, Bryant for the season and possibly Green for an extended period of time if not the season.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Hard to say. His reverse run was an extremely well blocked play. I was hoping to see something as a return man

Holy poop coach, learn the difference between a reverse and an end around! Your name is Coach for gosh sakes!

For it to be a reverse, the ball has to change directions east/west. There was no change of direction, thus, an end around.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

Wheaton is decent. Rogers looks like a natural in the slot.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Absolutely.

Wheaton has been inconsistent, Coates is unproven (and looked awful the other night), and Heyward-Bey is good for one or two catches a game (if that).

For the three of them, the definition of mediocre.

yeah that 200 yard receiving game was sure mediocre. And Coates has had a part of one season to know anything about him. Little too early to label him.

One of the most explosive O's didn't get there by having a bunch of mediocre WR's.