• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers - CovidClowns game thread : playoff edition

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
It was kinda touching to see Ben & Pouncey crying on the bench. It’s at least nice to know they still give a $hit.

Usually when you see guys like those guys, football warriors, crying at the end of a playoff game .... It signals they've been discussing hanging up their cleats.
It's going to be an interesting offseason

Muddler

Reaction score
Wow, that was painful. Lots of changes needed. I'd start with Tomlin, hell he was outcoached by a replacement ST coach for God's sakes. However, we all know that isn't gonna happen. And yes, Sorry, I know I'll catch hell for this but IMO Bens gotta go. Not gonna get into the history, we all know how great he was and how much he contributed to the franchise's success during his career but there is no way a team can afford to pay $41MM for that level of production. I'm hoping that he decides to go out on his own terms but if not, you gotta cut him. Otherwise we'll be treading water for another couple years delaying our inevitable rebuild.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
if we had a run game and a decent Oline then Ben could be The QB to win it all but you can't put all the responsability on him at this point of his career.

Also the D **** the bed in a way that I haven't seen in at least 3 years

Reactions: JMM

Steel G

Reaction score
It's incredibly similar to the last playoff debacle against the Jags. Same ****. This team is always poorly coached in the playoffs. I've had enough of Tomlin, done.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
last year Lamar Jackson played like **** in the playoffs and fell behind in the first half then put up big stats in the second and the media retroactively proclaimed he played a great game. Ben did the same and everyone will say it shows he's finished.

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
if we had a run game and a decent Oline then Ben could be The QB to win it all but you can't put all the responsability on him at this point of his career.

Also the D **** the bed in a way that I haven't seen in at least 3 years

No QB can excel with what the Steelers have right now. Our OL cannot run block, our LT is WORTHLESS, we have no running game at all. I don’t care how great or young your QB is, they will not have much success with no balance at all.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Not everyone.
last year Lamar Jackson played like **** in the playoffs and fell behind in the first half then put up big stats in the second and the media retroactively proclaimed he played a great game. Ben did the same and everyone will say it shows he's finished.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
Usually when you see guys like those guys, football warriors, crying at the end of a playoff game .... It signals they've been discussing hanging up their cleats.
It's going to be an interesting offseason

It certainly makes you wonder

Lemmy

Banned
Reaction score
Just like Ryan Clark just said it is time to blow this entire thing up. We have grown old, stale and soft., damn that's the way my wife describes me.

stuntmanmike

Contributor
Reaction score
Blown it up now? what the *** does Clark think we’ve been doing? Gone are sanders, bell, brown, foster, Gilbert, we’ve been turning over the roster. Fichtner just doesn’t belong organizing the offense. Not sure which is worse his offense or Tomlin’s inability to see how ****** it is. We have no running game because Ben can’t get under center, Ben’s lack of mobility combined with his inaccurate throws over the last half dozen games has Been hellish. Only way to save this team is bring new coordinators in to give the talent we have a new lot in life.