• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers - chargers game thread.

SteelerT52

Reaction score
30 points by the offense and that’s who you ***** at...LOL

Well 30 points should be enough to win, but you cannot forgive the red zone interception, missed TD with overthrown ball, missed XP again, and still have no idea why McDonald continues to run 8 yard routes when 10 yards are needed for the first. All of this is on the heals of the game in Denver where a TD is fumbled through the endzone, McDonald drops a what should have been a TD pass, Conner fumbles heading towards the redzone, and of coure the interception in the endzone. The offense...for all its great players...is not performing the way it needs to...particularly given the state of the defense.

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
Typical libtard on display, don’t like something someone says so they should be banned! ******* ignore him or block him and move on.

Sorry man, this is the football board. We're all here to post about that ****** game we just witnessed. When someone starts outright provoking posters here for whatever disagreements we have on the political side, it's a ***** *** move. I don't give two ***** about bans per se, but this bullshit by Confluence just stinks. If I'm a mod or run this site, I'd never allow that that type of crossover. We are all Steelers fans and should be able to hate each other over football disagreements, coaching and draft picks. You start letting the political crap creep onto this side of the board, SN suffers. That's all I'm saying.

Last edited:

FAB802

Contributor
Reaction score
Barring something crazy this game pretty much ended the playoff's. I know, we lead the division. This game should have been over at the half. The blown calls were ridiculously bad, and directly led to two TD's for them. Even with all that, we had every opportunity to end it and couldn't get out of our own way. How we let a top ten WR stand around alone in the middle of our defense for an entire game, without making a single adjustment tells me all I need to know about what NE and NO and their offenses will do to them. It's a shame, and I won't miss a game of the whole debacle as it unfolds. I know, I'm not a real fan either. Yawn.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Just pointing out the obvious, but you're right wig, hyperbole and hissing fits are much more appropriate. FIRE EVERYBODY!!!! SMH.

I didn't suggest they fire anyone. That wouldn't help this season either.

I'm merely pointing out what you ought to know yourself. This team doesn't have it. They are NOT a playoff caliber team. They have 2, maybe 3 good players and they've been riding on that for years. The offensive line is decent. But they can't run block for **** despite all the hype they get. That's ok. They prefer to pass block and they ARE good at that.

I love the Steelers, but I can see where this is all going. I've seen this movie. The plot sucks.

SteelerT52

Reaction score
Chargers are not a very good team. They have one good win this year and that was at Seattle. I wouldn’t call this a good win, they beat an average team. It’s like beating the titans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never said the Chargers were a good team. I am not sure they are. However, the AFC is very weak. I see Kansas City...and then not much. Of the teams in the conference I think the Chargers are one of the more competitive. I will always defer to Belichik and Brady until given a reason not to. Outside of that who is there? Texans? Indy? There just isn't much.

New Orleans, LA Rams, and KC I think are the cream...after that it gets murky.

mdk2

Reaction score
Barring something crazy this game pretty much ended the playoff's. I know, we lead the division. This game should have been over at the half. The blown calls were ridiculously bad, and directly led to two TD's for them. Even with all that, we had every opportunity to end it and couldn't get out of our own way. How we let a top ten WR stand around alone in the middle of our defense for an entire game, without making a single adjustment tells me all I need to know about what NE and NO and their offenses will do to them. It's a shame, and I won't miss a game of the whole debacle as it unfolds. I know, I'm not a real fan either. Yawn.

How do other teams contain AB?? I mean they have to use their LBs to cover him too right??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteelerT52

Reaction score

I'm merely pointing out what you ought to know yourself. This team doesn't have it. They are NOT a playoff caliber team. They have 2, maybe 3 good players and they've been riding on that for years. The offensive line is decent. But they can't run block for **** despite all the hype they get. That's ok. They prefer to pass block and they ARE good at that.

I love the Steelers, but I can see where this is all going. I've seen this movie. The plot sucks.

Well I think they should consider moving on from Tomlin, but they won't. The Steelers will be just competitive enough to keep him around. Tomlin is just a good enough coach to get you beat. The Packers have figured this out with McCarthy and took action today. I suspect time is finally running out for Marvin Lewis as well. I am sure Tomlin is a good guy. I imagine he is a dominant force in the locker room. But he does not seem to be able to get the team focused and disciplined. They make the same silly mistakes over and over and over. They consistently get beat by teams with inferior talent. And lets not forget the inability to beat the Patriots in just about every attempt...and can anyone say the Pats (outside of the QB) have had better talent on their roster then the Steelers over the last several years? I want him to win. I want the Steelers to win. I will continue to cheer and hope they do...but I think this is another lost season.

GMC

Contributor
Reaction score

I'm not quite ready to give up, but they are all out of mulligans.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Just love them like you love your kids when you watch them play. Ya, ultimately they're going to get their ***** kicked, but you still love them.

Maybe we should offer to take the team out for ice cream...

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Just love them like you love your kids when you watch them play. Ya, ultimately they're going to get their ***** kicked, but you still love them.

Maybe we should offer to take the team out for ice cream...
That's just it. Now that analogy is spot on. Not acceptable, but can't do **** about it. I've learned the Steeler disappointed head shake years ago. They can buy their own ice cream.

xjx

Reaction score
The Steelers will lose the next 3 games. They will finish with a record of 8-7-1. Tomlin will not get fired and they will be a mediocre team again next year.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
The Steelers will lose the next 3 games. They will finish with a record of 8-7-1. Tomlin will not get fired and they will be a mediocre team again next year.

I believe this part. They will go two and two in their last four, my prediction.

GMC

Contributor
Reaction score

You know, I'm more concerned about the Raiders and bungles than the Saints and *s.

xjx

Reaction score
Will Rooney take notice if Tomlin loses 5 in a row?

Pittsburgh Charlie

Forefather
Reaction score
You know, I had the chance to watch NFL Redzone this afternoon....All of the late games....And like I have said 1000 $%!*@& times on here before I didn't see one $@^&%* team commit the penalties, and mistakes the Steeler's did tonight and lose....

Someone mention Benny Hill earlier and that would be the perfect music to use when showing all the gafs and mistakes they make in a single game.

I guess you missed the Jets game

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
If they lose to Oakland then I am finding other things to do when they play NE and NO. They will get hammered in both games, but in Tomlin fashion, will win the Cincy game and back into the PO. One and done, if they make it.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If?

When was the last time they beat Oakland? And the Raiders teams that beat them were WORSE than this team by a long shot. Oakland has Pittsburgh's number. I have no confidence whatsoever they win that game.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
If?

When was the last time they beat Oakland? And the Raiders teams that beat them were WORSE than this team by a long shot. Oakland has Pittsburgh's number. I have no confidence whatsoever they win that game.
Nothing is a gimme with this team.

It is groundhog day with that coach.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Technically it did.

On one of the first plays after, if not THE first play the Steelers arguably caused and recovered a fumble. The referees determined the rb had not made a football move. One has to wonder if they would have made the same call had Conner caught and lost the football.