• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers browns game thread #PrayingForAcleanBillOfHealth

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
He didn't have a choice. The Steelers didn't extend him.

They worked in the off season to work out a long term deal. Just couldn't get it done.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
OK first half. Just like when Ben is in there, they didn't unleash Rudolph. When he started to throw it later in the half, he and the team looked much better. Rudolph actually looked pretty good.

The officials are letting the Clowns do anything they want. On our last drive of the half, there was an obvious late hit out of bounds not called and then the sack on Rudolph has been called a penalty all year long for driving the QB into the ground. Not in this one. We easily could have gotten a TD if even one of those were called.

Now, what will Tomlin do in the playoffs with Dobbs? Will he dress 3 QB's so they can use Dobbs on some of those gadget plays? He sure should but my guess is he won't.

Shocked we are actually still in this. If Tomlin doesn't go run, run, pass and let's Rudolph throw it, we actually have a chance.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Feeling pretty good about this game. Great to see some of the backups doing pretty good. Really like that tackle/strip near the end of the half. Didn't like seeing the guy get hurt, but its football. Also great to test Rudy in a must win game for the Stains. Kids are doing alright.

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
Drops. Running wrong routes is what he does now. More drops than catches. More wrong routes ran than right ones. He looks lost play in and play out.

Rookie wall....I'm hoping he really blows up next year but not surprised he has slowed down.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Drops. Running wrong routes is what he does now. More drops than catches. More wrong routes ran than right ones. He looks lost play in and play out.

Claypool is definitely not a reach

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
If Rudy was accurate on that one throw he had a TD. He is the Steelers ROY can't buy into him being a reach. Hitting the rookie wall a little here and there? Sure.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
5th amongst rookie wr in catches, 4th in yards, 1st in TDs, a reach in round 2???

Sent from my SM-A515U using Steeler Nation mobile app

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Seems Claypool was a reach.

A reach of what? He is already one of the top WR's in this draft class and will only get better. Dude has been uncoverable unless they hold him or there is PI (called or not).

And, he has 10 TD's. And, Tomlin has purposely held him out the last few games so he didn't hit the rookie wall.

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
OK first half. Just like when Ben is in there, they didn't unleash Rudolph. When he started to throw it later in the half, he and the team looked much better. Rudolph actually looked pretty good.

The officials are letting the Clowns do anything they want. On our last drive of the half, there was an obvious late hit out of bounds not called and then the sack on Rudolph has been called a penalty all year long for driving the QB into the ground. Not in this one. We easily could have gotten a TD if even one of those were called.

Now, what will Tomlin do in the playoffs with Dobbs? Will he dress 3 QB's so they can use Dobbs on some of those gadget plays? He sure should but my guess is he won't.

Shocked we are actually still in this. If Tomlin doesn't go run, run, pass and let's Rudolph throw it, we actually have a chance.

If the QB still has the ball they don’t call that I am pretty sure, only on hits after the ball has been thrown. NFL no ******* logic.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score

I questioned earlier why they don't bring in Dobbs on 3rd and inches. Well that answers my question....he was not activate on game day. Duh. I am very slow sometimes unfortunately. :(

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
They worked in the off season to work out a long term deal. Just couldn't get it done.

Thanks. Forgot about that. I focused in his argument about positiin for the franchise tag payoff.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
Personally, I would. There's a tremendous difference with Buddy on the field...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Steeler Nation mobile app

You cannot pay everyone, as both Watt and Fitzpatrick will be getting paid big time soon as well.

Highsmith still has to develop further, but he has shown enough as a rookie to allow the Steelers to let Dupree walk.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
For anyone that missed it...lol

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Steelers?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Steelers</a> players fighting on the sideline. Carlos Davis and Isaiah Buggs. What in the world.. <a href="https://t.co/QLyQGqJCWi">pic.twitter.com/QLyQGqJCWi</a></p>— Josh Rowntree (@JRown32) <a href="https://twitter.com/JRown32/status/1345813847039422465?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 3, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
A reach of what? He is already one of the top WR's in this draft class and will only get better. Dude has been uncoverable unless they hold him or there is PI (called or not).

And, he has 10 TD's. And, Tomlin has purposely held him out the last few games so he didn't hit the rookie wall.

He can be uncoverable and all but it isn't any good if he can't catch that thing called the Football. Running wrong routes is what he is good at now...and dropping the ball that is. They haven't hardly targeted him for these exact reasons of late. And when they do....drops or wrong routes ran.

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
You cannot pay everyone, as both Watt and Fitzpatrick will be getting paid big time soon as well.

Highsmith still has to develop further, but he has shown enough as a rookie to allow the Steelers to let Dupree walk.

If I can get Bud cheap on an injury recovery deal I grab him for a year. Let him heal until he is ready than have a great mid season add.

LastRide

Reaction score
We didn't lose anything offensively. No TD's first half per usual.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
People please stop! Bud is not coming back unless he comes back just next year on a 1 year prove it contract because he won't be ready to start the season. Even then, someone else will pay him more than we can.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Lol take more deep shots? Obviously the announcers haven’t met our OC ..... his deep shot is a ten yard pass...