• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers 4-4 in 2015

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
If I am coaching that game I am saying two things

1 Don't force the run against a solid rat D, set the run up using play action short passes. No bombs away if the accuracy is off.Let's move the chains......
2 Sit a unsteady QB down who obviously was inaccurate due to a injury holding him back, even if only due to lack of prep time. As many of past games would have told me to keep a short leash.

Ben needs to settle down and learn to dink and dunk. The Steelers wr's are shifty enough to make it happen. There is plenty of opportunity for Brown and Bell to get those touches and allow them to be playmakers. Send Brown on those short 5 yard routes and let him run in the open field. If the defense reacts to the receivers, hand to Bell, or hit the TE's. That's what I notice when I watch games. But I'm not the coach

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
They're not trending in the wrong way. They have been banged up, injured, played the best team in the NFL last week, then played the team that plays them the toughest.

three losses in a row -check
Tomlin has a horrible record against ****** teams, just took another hit - check

looks like a wrong way clyde trend to me

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Ben needs to settle down and learn to dink and dunk. The Steelers wr's are shifty enough to make it happen. There is plenty of opportunity for Brown and Bell to get those touches and allow them to be playmakers. Send Brown on those short 5 yard routes and let him run in the open field. If the defense reacts to the receivers, hand to Bell, or hit the TE's. That's what I notice when I watch games. But I'm not the coach

Head Coach runs the team, and if he can't guide Ben, then it is obvious someone else needs to.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Head Coach runs the team, and if he can't guide Ben, then it is obvious someone else needs to.

And I agree. Tomlin needs to tell Ben to settle down and get into a groove. This offense can be easily corrected. I just fail to see Ben changing his game.

scraps

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
At first glance, I thought this thread was going to be about the Steelers finally deploying their 4-4-4 defensive package.

Consider me and DaBus highly disappointed.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
No one has a bigger hard-on for bringing up Cowher than you do.

Sounds like you just pissed my hard on is bigger then yours it's OK..you act like a bigger dick

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
At first glance, I thought this thread was going to be about the Steelers finally deploying their 4-4-4 defensive package.

Consider me and DaBus highly disappointed.

Oh, you noticed that too !!!!!!

Salute the nation

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
If I am coaching that game I am saying two things

1 Don't force the run against a solid rat D, set the run up using play action short passes. No bombs away if the accuracy is off.Let's move the chains......
2 Sit a unsteady QB down who obviously was inaccurate due to a injury holding him back, even if only due to lack of prep time. As many of past games would have told me to keep a short leash.

1) agree-our best offensive efforts generally come when we use the pass to set up the run, then sprinkle in the play action after the pass has opened up the run. Haley's game plan plus Ben's inaccuracy was very hurtful. Haley was going 3 TEs early and bunching the skill players towards the center of the field. The obvious route would be to spread out the WRs, motion Bell out of the backfield and minimize the impact of one of their better units (the LBs). Trying to go with predictable runs into their strength (run D) and set up 3rd and longs with an inaccurate QB was piss poor planning and they made no adjustment until far too late. How many plays early could you call the play before it happened? I was calling them at about 90-95%, and if I know what's about to happen you can be damn sure a well coached D knows. The 3rd and long runs to protect Ben from getting hit was a definite example of playing to your fears, I thought we didn't do that? Then on the shorter 3rds where a quick hit passing game could tear them up we just chuck it deep?!?! What the hell was Haley and Co. thinking? One of the worst game plans I've ever had the displeasure of witnessing.

2) as much as I love Ben and wanted to get him back out there I definitely would've started Landry with the full spread em out check down game plan installed. 5 wide *******!!! If Landry looked completely inept then bring in Ben, he would be playing inspired and in full on look at the hero lead the comeback mode.

3) this big ole egg goes on everyone's face except the D. Coaching F, special teams F, offense incomplete (only played 10 minutes) but they sure were playing at F grade quality until the waning moments.

If these guys can't figure this out quickly my Sunday's are about to open up for something more worthy of my time...hard to even contemplate as I haven't missed a game in almost 25 years, but this product is certainly draining my will to watch.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
1) agree-our best offensive efforts generally come when we use the pass to set up the run, then sprinkle in the play action after the pass has opened up the run. Haley's game plan plus Ben's inaccuracy was very hurtful. Haley was going 3 TEs early and bunching the skill players towards the center of the field. The obvious route would be to spread out the WRs, motion Bell out of the backfield and minimize the impact of one of their better units (the LBs). Trying to go with predictable runs into their strength (run D) and set up 3rd and longs with an inaccurate QB was piss poor planning and they made no adjustment until far too late. How many plays early could you call the play before it happened? I was calling them at about 90-95%, and if I know what's about to happen you can be damn sure a well coached D knows. The 3rd and long runs to protect Ben from getting hit was a definite example of playing to your fears, I thought we didn't do that? Then on the shorter 3rds where a quick hit passing game could tear them up we just chuck it deep?!?! What the hell was Haley and Co. thinking? One of the worst game plans I've ever had the displeasure of witnessing.

2) as much as I love Ben and wanted to get him back out there I definitely would've started Landry with the full spread em out check down game plan installed. 5 wide *******!!! If Landry looked completely inept then bring in Ben, he would be playing inspired and in full on look at the hero lead the comeback mode.

3) this big ole egg goes on everyone's face except the D. Coaching F, special teams F, offense incomplete (only played 10 minutes) but they sure were playing at F grade quality until the waning moments.

If these guys can't figure this out quickly my Sunday's are about to open up for something more worthy of my time...hard to even contemplate as I haven't missed a game in almost 25 years, but this product is certainly draining my will to watch.

good post... I will still watch no matter how painful... just praying the FO does the right thing before it is too late.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
I will too, I'm Far too hard headed to stop now. But this crap is definitely getting embarrassing.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I will too, I'm Far too hard headed to stop now. But this crap is definitely getting embarrassing.

I mentioned some of this to a Patriot fan. and he tells me, "no team does less with more".

To see a fan not associated with the team, clearly get it. Speaks volumes.

(no worry I rouse all the patriot fans I know lol)