• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers 10-point favorites over Miami in the playoffs

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
We should have 5 different starters from that first game on D. Harrison, Dupree, Shazier all in the front 7 and hargrave has gotten better since then

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Man...that's a ridiculous spread. Apparently NOBODY has money of the fish.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
You shouldn't be worried about the Steelers run defense. Our D will spend all week focusing on that and that alone. Tuitt is playing and that's huge. I do think we'll be more vulnerable to the pass because of the emphasis on stopping Ajayi. If the Dolphins are smart, they will come out throwing. You don't win playoffs games by thinking you can just line up and run the ball down your opponent's throat (when the opponent is geared to stop that).

When we had a healthy Tuitt and Heyward, how did we do vs the run the last time? J. Ajayi had 204 YDS 2 TDs. You should be a little worried. Now they have game tape, and we have a thinner DL.

We are underpowered vs their OL and rushing attack. But they will need to throw some to score points.

Last edited:

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Heyward didn't play the first game, neither did Shazier, Dupree, Davis. Harrison and Hargrave only played 50% of the snaps and McCullers barely at all.

SteelerAl

Reaction score
When we had a healthy Tuitt and Heyward, how did we do vs the run the last time? J. Ajayi had 204 YDS 2 TDs. You should be a little worried. Now they have game tape, and we have a thinner DL.

We are underpowered vs their OL and rushing attack. But they will need to throw some to score points.

Seriously, Coach, stop bringing a knife to a gunfight. As Coryea said, Heyward did not play in the first game against the Dolphins (he hurt his hamstring against the Jets). Same with Shazier. Sean Davis didn't play a snap on defense. On their offensive line, they had Mike Pouncey at center for the first game. This coming Sunday it will be former Steeler Kraig Urbik (remember him?).

FordFairLane

Reaction score
My fear is it's going to be cold and snowy and that will play right into the Dolphins strengths. Yes, a Miami team is probably better in snowy cold weather. With Ajaiya he played at Boise, is a down hill runner, and if the conditions get bad he will be even harder to bring down. I am glad we have Bell and Ben because Bell is used to the crap playing at Michigan State and Ben grew up playing in this stuff.

SteelerAl

Reaction score
My fear is it's going to be cold and snowy and that will play right into the Dolphins strengths. Yes, a Miami team is probably better in snowy cold weather. With Ajaiya he played at Boise, is a down hill runner, and if the conditions get bad he will be even harder to bring down. I am glad we have Bell and Ben because Bell is used to the crap playing at Michigan State and Ben grew up playing in this stuff.

With our entire defense loaded up to stop Ajayi (and more or less dare Matt Moore to beat us), the Dolphins are not going to be able to just line up and run the ball downhill on us. Won't happen.

mdk2

Reaction score
With our entire defense loaded up to stop Ajayi (and more or less dare Matt Moore to beat us), the Dolphins are not going to be able to just line up and run the ball downhill on us. Won't happen.

I hope they don't sleep on Moore though. He is capable of putting up at least similar numbers to Tannehill.

blitzburghv5

Reaction score
We're not the best team in the world when favored by 8+ points....

History shows that under Tomlin.

We're finally healthy on Offense, we have Bell ready to go and Brown is fresh. I love our chances. If Ben plays superb, Miami has no shot. If he nuts up and throws 2-3 picks, we will struggle, possibly lose. Theres no reason why we don't score at least 27 this game with all horses.

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Please don't tell the players we're 10 point favorites. Ugh

Omar10213245

๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘‚๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿช‚๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒ›๐ŸŒœโ˜‚โ˜”โ„๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿฅบ
Contributor
Reaction score
This coming Sunday it will be former Steeler Kraig Urbik (remember him?).

iSKFtpF2HzneE.gif