• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Something that must be recognized

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Is that when you look at other teams and I'm going to focus on two in particular in the Ravens and the Seahawks they are able to make mid season adjustents and mid game adjustments and win. I know the Ravens only beat the Browns last night but they are trending up. They have fixed some things that dogged them in the first third of the season. They dumped their OC cause it wasn't working. Seattle looked horrific early. Hell one game they tied without crossing mid field I think 2/3 of the game or something of that nature. Their line was a joke for the first part of the season. They made adjustments. Do both these tea.s have warts. Absolutely. But they seem to be able to mask those smells on a way the Steelers seem unable to do. I find this team continues to smash it's head against a wall instead of maximizing their strengths and hiding their week nessus. Sorry folks that is coaching.
The last four games have looked exactly a like against the Ravens. They play small ball and limit the Steelers big plays. Play field position and wait for the mistakes that the Steelers make every game in trying to be high octane. It's a ****** joke.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
We all know practice, game plans, game time adjustments, and clock management are not coach Tomlin's strengths. We rely heavily on his redundant idioms and cool sun glasses.

xjx

Reaction score
Tomlin has proved to be not smart enough to be a head coach.

ark steel

Reaction score
This is the stuff that drives me crazy.

Baltimore is 5-4. They have played 3 teams with a winning record. Do you know what the result of those games was?

The five wins by the Ravens have come against no team with a winning record. The best team they have beaten is the Steelers at 4-4. combined records of the teams they have beaten? 12-25. you know good and goddamn well, if it was Tomlin it would not be considered anything other than a reason to be fired.

P

POP

We all know practice, game plans, game time adjustments, and clock management are not coach Tomlin's strengths. We rely heavily on his redundant idioms and cool sun glasses.

You left out the part about him being weak in making the players prepared and focused, especially against losing teams. And you left out one of his main strengths: Twirly the headset while holding the cord. He rocks at that. Oh, and staring with the deer-in-headlights gaze when things go to ****. Good at that too.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score

Baltimore is 5-4. They have played 3 teams with a winning record. Do you know what the result of those games was?

The five wins by the Ravens have come against no team with a winning record. The best team they have beaten is the Steelers at 4-4. combined records of the teams they have beaten? 12-25. you know good and goddamn well, if it was Tomlin it would not be considered anything other than a reason to be fired.
These are things that I try to defend him about. SMH

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Steeler Nation mobile app

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score

Baltimore is a bad team and they are sitting at 5-4 leading the AFC North. The Steelers are supposed to be among the class of the AFC and are on the outside looking in of the playoff chase.

ark steel

Reaction score
Baltimore is a bad team and they are sitting at 5-4 leading the AFC North. The Steelers are supposed to be among the class of the AFC and are on the outside looking in of the playoff chase.

I don't know how that is relevant. Baltimore has won ONE more game. If the season ended now, I would give a **** about current standings.

Do you dispute that any of you would be happy with Tomlin if the Steelers were 5-4 after only beating teams with a combined record of 12-25, losing against every winning team we played and the 3-6 Jets? If you do, you ignore reality.

If we beat the Cowboys this weekend, there won't be less desire to get rid of Tomlin.

Last year after 8 games, what was the Steelers record? 4-4. Bengals were 8-0 leading the division. The awesome Harbaugh (who finished 5-11 for the year, btw) 2-6 (1 win vs steelers). Which team went further in the playoffs?

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score

Lol. ^^^so true

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
You left out the part about him being weak in making the players prepared and focused, especially against losing teams. And you left out one of his main strengths: Twirly the headset while holding the cord. He rocks at that. Oh, and staring with the deer-in-headlights gaze when things go to ****. Good at that too.

The deer in the headlights gaze is a classic look. He just stares all googly eyed like "WTF?" All the negativity aside. I do hope they resemble some type of motivated football team against Dallas

P

POP

The deer in the headlights gaze is a classic look. He just stares all googly eyed like "WTF?" All the negativity aside. I do hope they resemble some type of motivated football team against Dallas

They will at least be awake. Because it is a marquee matchup, but so was Ravens game. Winning games vs. good teams doesn't mean as much because he ***** his pants in so many games vs. bad teams.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Ravens may only win 1 more game this season. Don't fret, the division is ours

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Steeler Nation mobile app

I like your confidence but be very very quiet...............Tomlin lurks this MB and I don't want him getting a feeling he's a winner,...................................... JUST YET.!!!!!!

Salute the nation

Steel Ballin

Reaction score

That alone makes them better than the Steelers as it seems CMT has a very difficult time accomplishing this task.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Is Tomlin still a winning coach if we win the division at 7-9?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Steeler Nation mobile app

be honest anything less than a playoff win is a loss to THIS team as I keep hearing baltimore this and baltimore that, yeah that same ****** team that is now in the division lead.

And more importantly is we shouldn't be criticizing their coach,players in comparison.

why?

for one they don't have a elite QB,WR, and RB trifecta.

secondly most don't follow if Harbaugh has repetitive issues over his tenure. why should we, he doesn't coach the Steelers. I could care less if a division team has a ****** coach.

What I do care about is our beloved team doing far less with more. Perhaps if you like to compare, compare the yearly top tier teams and see if they can lay claim to all the reoccurring problems that are this teams signature.

Only team I can think of off the top of my head is Green Bay. But they might mirror our problems to a lesser extent this year, and perhaps not over that coaches entire tenure.

If somehow the long list of yearly repeats could stop. I would think ok adjustments were made.

But has that shown itself?

Is anyone confident moving forward we will see different?

ark steel

Reaction score
That alone makes them better than the Steelers as it seems CMT has a very difficult time accomplishing this task.

So, you would be happy with Tomlin if he only beat bad teams ND lost against every single winning team he played and a 3-6 team? AND this following a 5-11 season? Pull the other one, it's ot bells on.

ark steel

Reaction score
be honest anything less than a playoff win is a loss to THIS team as I keep hearing baltimore this and baltimore that, yeah that same ****** team that is now in the division lead.

And more importantly is we shouldn't be criticizing their coach,players in comparison.

why?

for one they don't have a elite QB,WR, and RB trifecta.

secondly most don't follow if Harbaugh has repetitive issues over his tenure. why should we, he doesn't coach the Steelers. I could care less if a division team has a ****** coach.

What I do care about is our beloved team doing far less with more. Perhaps if you like to compare, compare the yearly top tier teams and see if they can lay claim to all the reoccurring problems that are this teams signature.

Only team I can think of off the top of my head is Green Bay. But they might mirror our problems to a lesser extent this year, and perhaps not over that coaches entire tenure.

If somehow the long list of yearly repeats could stop. I would think ok adjustments were made.

But has that shown itself?

Is anyone confident moving forward we will see different?

the issue isn't whether a division leader has a ****** HC, it 's that this HC is being held up as an example . it's pure BS and should be addressed as such. not one person here would be happy with Tomlin with Harbaugh' accomplishments this year.

every one wants to make e,cuses for other coaches . I want you to look at them through the sAmerican prism as you look at Tomlin.

ark steel

Reaction score
Oh, and leading the division? means **** right now.