• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Someone wake me when Tomlin is gone.

mdk2

Reaction score
So long the days of good steelers defense... Cowboys OL destroyed our front 7 all game long. Ezekial is good but man, he had some room to run. Dak made the easy completions.

This season is over and 1 less season left for Ben.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Lets also not forget Tomlin has had Ben his entire time here. ******* piece of **** as far as a coach.

Been my driving point, he ******* sucks.

str8liner

Reaction score
Its just a damn shame all the talent on offense is being wasted by incompetence on defense.

It starts at the top. And its about time to make a change.

Almost not worth even getting excited about this team preseason anymore.

Omar10213245

πŸ‘€πŸ‘‚πŸŽƒπŸˆπŸ‡πŸ₯‘πŸ†πŸ‹πŸͺ‚πŸŒžπŸŒ›πŸŒœβ˜‚β˜”β„πŸŒŠπŸ₯΄πŸ€¬πŸ₯Ί
Contributor
Reaction score
Lets also not forget Tomlin has had Ben his entire time here. ******* piece of **** as far as a coach.

Again, just imagine what we'll be "enjoying" on Sunday afternoons after Ben hangs 'em up.

xjx

Reaction score
After tomlin is released nonother team will ever makebhim a head coach..even the browns wouldnt hire him.

mdk2

Reaction score
Its just a damn shame all the talent on offense is being wasted by incompetence on defense.

It starts at the top. And its about time to make a change.

Almost not worth even getting excited about this team preseason anymore.

Tomlin has been bad but the players on defense just flat at aren't good. Arthur Moats needs to go, Rob Golden is not a starter, Hargrave isn't ready to play, Burns is getting better but still a lot of lapses, Sean Davis isn't ready to play as much as he is, Chickillo played solid in the 1st half but hardly saw the field at all in the 2nd half. Shazier isn't always gap sound, over pursues and mental mistakes. Mike Mitchell sucks... thats all.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
It's because of Tomlin that dick lebeau resigned! Tomlin wouldn't offer him anything! Now we have a defence that gives up over 200 yards to one ****** player. I don't think I remember lebeau's "D" giving.up 200 yards to a team let alone 1 player. **** YOU TOMLIN!!!

Not many times can I ever recall a Dick Lebeau coached defense getting beat by a rookie qb.

warriors42

Forefather
Reaction score
hey maybe he will go 8-8 again and the Tomlin nut huggers can hang onto the whole he has never had a losing season bullshit

Steel Ballin

Reaction score
Tomlin has been bad but the players on defense just flat at aren't good. Arthur Moats needs to go, Rob Golden is not a starter, Hargrave isn't ready to play, Burns is getting better but still a lot of lapses, Sean Davis isn't ready to play as much as he is, Chickillo played solid in the 1st half but hardly saw the field at all in the 2nd half. Shazier isn't always gap sound, over pursues and mental mistakes. Mike Mitchell sucks... thats all.

Who makes the decision on final roster spots?

mdk2

Reaction score
Who makes the decision on final roster spots?

I'm not giving Tomlin a pass at all. I just don't know who to replace these guys with. Practice squad players aren't going to be any better. The talent of the older guys plus the rookies is a bad combination of inexperience and lack of talent by the older players.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
I did notice Moats in there on a lot of the bigger runs. Mitchell blows angles way too frequently to be a FS, not to mention his ability to commit the big penalty. Cockrell with a bonehead late hit. So much stupid on this team it's easier to name the smart players...Heyward, Silverback, yep that's about it.

We need new leadership and a new scheme before we waste the waning years of the Ben era

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Not many times can I ever recall a Dick Lebeau coached defense getting beat by a rookie qb.

Yeah, but the issue is not and never has been Dick Lebeau. A Lebeau-coached team gave up 55 points and 500 ******* yards to the Patsies*** a few years ago.

The problem is that the team has slowly added more and more Tomlin-style players - smaller, fast, run around a lot, overpursue, and watch running backs and pass receivers run past you like you are a cone.

Now, Tomlin has HIS defense - and frankly, it is awful. Horrible. Terrible. Embarrassing. Pathetic, flaccid, weak, uninteresting, soft, and unable to rush the passer, or defend the pass, or force turnovers, or score on defense, or do pretty much anything except get ***-raped every Sunday.

Xc944

Reaction score
His offense isnt so great either 19 in points scored typical of tomlin Ben teams all flash no cash. Yards are nice but don't win games

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
Is it too soon to say that's like a hot knife through Butler?

Bwahahaha.....no, I don't think so. It's probably right on time.

Look guys, It's true that it really sucks to lose a "good" game with 7 lead changes and big plays left and right but to run around your TV pullin' at your hair is a bit much.

Tomlins not going anywhere and I thought all along that these kids would need a year to gel. Granted the talent level doesn't seem to be there but all these guys know how to play football. If they can learn to play disciplined, who knows what they can accomplish.

You did notice the D running around all confused, right ? You did notice the time out we lost because of that same confusion, right ? Either the coaches ain't splainin' good or the players can't comprehend what they are splainin' to um.

Last edited:
Reactions: MTC

Omar10213245

πŸ‘€πŸ‘‚πŸŽƒπŸˆπŸ‡πŸ₯‘πŸ†πŸ‹πŸͺ‚πŸŒžπŸŒ›πŸŒœβ˜‚β˜”β„πŸŒŠπŸ₯΄πŸ€¬πŸ₯Ί
Contributor
Reaction score
Bwahahaha.....no, I don't think so. It's probably right on time.

Look guys, It's true that it really sucks to lose a "good" game with 7 lead changes and big plays left and right but to run around your TV pullin' at your hair is a bit much.

Tomlins not going anywhere and I thought all along that these kids would need a year to gel. Granted the talent level doesn't seem to be there but all these guys know how to play football. If they can learn to play disciplined, who knows what they can accomplish.

Mmmmyeah.....