• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

So glad "The Snake" finally made it to Canton

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
No doubt. It's bad that they didn't induct him while he was still alive...bullshit.

Ken Anderson should be in as well.

diver

Reaction score
I remember the 70s well. He was a Raider, so **** him.

Just kidding. It is good to see him get in. What a player he was, and also a character. Back when we allowed people to be characters.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
As a kid I hated the guy. Couldn't stand him. guess that means he was pretty damn good. he certainly is hall of fame worthy,,,,

C

Clete

I loved the Snake, he was the most comfortable QB I ever saw in the pocket, sometimes he would just sit there flatfooted for 5 seconds before throwing the ball. He was also one of the great characters in the game when the game was fun.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
My uncle is a big Raiders fan so to see this guy get in is awesome. Agreed a damn shame that he isn't around to enjoy this moment.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
No doubt. It's bad that they didn't induct him while he was still alive...bullshit.

Ken Anderson should be in as well.

Agree. I hated the Raiders but do doubt some of their players are HOF worthy. Stabler was similar to Bradshaw in a lot of ways.

P

POP

I remember the 70s well. He was a Raider, so **** him.

Just kidding. It is good to see him get in. What a player he was, and also a character. Back when we allowed people to be characters.

Those Raiders didn't just party; they'd be out into the wee hours the night before a game.

P

POP

Agree. I hated the Raiders but do doubt some of their players are HOF worthy. Stabler was similar to Bradshaw in a lot of ways.

I think he was a more accurate passer.

KS, 60% completion, TB 52%, both passed within a hair of 28,000 yds.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Those Raiders didn't just party; they'd be out into the wee hours the night before a game.

Eh. A lot of people say it's genetics. When you have muscle and train your *** off. It's easy to get back into a groove no matter how little sleep or alcohol was consumed. I read a lot of crazy stuff about those 70's NFL teams. I remember reading about the Soviet Russian hockey team getting plastered nightly, but they took in tons of carbs to fuel. Pretty cool to hear about athletes getting trashed and still performing top notch