• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Sign a WR?

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I was thinking that one dude from prison. Then I got to thinking that most of these guys are either heading to or coming from............PRISON

**** the CHEATRIOTS !!!!!!!!!!!

Salute the nation

t-man

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Relax everybody, I got this. Someone get Yancey ******* Thigpen on the line, let's get this **** straightened out.

Joe

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
You have to give Wheaton at least another week. He has earned at least that. It was his first practice and game action of any sort since last year.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
how can coates be labeled a one trick pony after the 3rd game of his second season?

mdk2

Reaction score
Well Ladarius Green is our answer if he can somehow become healthy enough to play when eligible. Once he is the lineup, that's going to be a big target for Ben.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Wheaton will get better and hopefully Ben will start hitting the 4 to 6 wide open receivers he missed in each of the last 2 games.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Well Ladarius Green is our answer if he can somehow become healthy enough to play when eligible. Once he is the lineup, that's going to be a big target for Ben.

I would hope my question is chemistry. Sunday Jesse James stopped his route while Ben thought he would continue on and that ended up being an over throw. If James keeps on his route that could have been a TD but because Ben doesn't have the chemistry he did with Heath they were not on the same page. Now you put Green out there does he keep running? I don't know and no one does yet but I have a feeling it takes a few games and weeks of practice to find out.

And someone needs to give Wheaton some sticcum.

ExUSAF

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think signing a WR is going to make any difference this year.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
I would hope my question is chemistry. Sunday Jesse James stopped his route while Ben thought he would continue on and that ended up being an over throw. If James keeps on his route that could have been a TD but because Ben doesn't have the chemistry he did with Heath they were not on the same page. Now you put Green out there does he keep running? I don't know and no one does yet but I have a feeling it takes a few games and weeks of practice to find out.

And someone needs to give Wheaton some sticcum.

What play was this?? Cause I thought it was just a ****** pass by Ben.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
What play was this?? Cause I thought it was just a ****** pass by Ben.

Ben extended the play and James was running the flat to the right side. If you watch Ben throws as James slows down and starts turning his body inwards. Once he realizes the ball is in the air he tries to catch up but it was too late. If he continues on the route he might be dancing in the end zone. You can see Roethlisberger disappointed and James kinda has a stupid smile on his face but that is one of those things when a play is extended either you know what the other is thinking or you are just guessing. James guessed wrong.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Ben extended the play and James was running the flat to the right side. If you watch Ben throws as James slows down and starts turning his body inwards. Once he realizes the ball is in the air he tries to catch up but it was too late. If he continues on the route he might be dancing in the end zone. You can see Roethlisberger disappointed and James kinda has a stupid smile on his face but that is one of those things when a play is extended either you know what the other is thinking or you are just guessing. James guessed wrong.

Have to watch it again just look liked Ben over threw the pass to me.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
why not just sign free agent Markavious Bryant? I hear he's in Arizona, training and working out.

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
Bell caught 84 his last full season and will open it up for the receivers. Philly dropped seven back in coverage
and left underneath wide open. Can't do that with Bell in line-up.

scstillerfan

Reaction score
Bell caught 84 his last full season and will open it up for the receivers. Philly dropped seven back in coverage
and left underneath wide open. Can't do that with Bell in line-up.

D-Will was wide open several times, but Ben didn't take the short routes like he did last week. Strange.

ZACKB

Reaction score
Expect a ton of Bell on Sunday night...

diver

Reaction score
D-Will was wide open several times, but Ben didn't take the short routes like he did last week. Strange.

It is strange, but a strange relatively common occurrence. Ben has a few of these games every year. Everybody has off games with accuracy, but he has these games where he seems to refuse to hit the underneath stuff. It is just the way it is.

south dakota STEEL

Forefather
Reaction score
need organization and a gameplan....oh, wait...that only happens a couple times a season...nevermind, back to the convo.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
We need a "FUUL" team effort.!!!!! Coaches / players on down to air adjusting "ball" boys. Hell even the significant others should reframe from making the players legs week....if you know what I'm saying. Rooney and Brett Kiesel should go into the locker room and slap the **** out of a random player, just to get everyone's attention. Then announce there is an expectation of being a PROFESIONAL player / coach / ball boy. Bottom line........play to win with hunger.!!!!!!!!!

Salute the nation

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
Another reclamation project?

Dolphins waive former second-round WR Justin Hunter
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...n-hunter?campaign=fb-nf-sf37329735-sf37329735

Former second-round draft pick Justin Hunter won't realize his potential in Miami.

The Dolphins have released the fourth-year wide receiver, the team announced on Wednesday.

Claimed off waivers from the Tennessee Titans in early September, Hunter ended up playing just one snap in the season opener and was healthy scratch in each of the past two games.

With Jarvis Landry, DeVante Parker and Kenny Stills locked in as the top three receivers -- and rookie Leonte Carroo emerging as a fourth option -- Miami simply didn't have the roster space for a wideout lacking special teams value.

Blessed with prototypical size, speed and leaping ability, Hunter left his Titans teammates and coaches salivating over his potential as a 2013 rookie. By the time his 2014 season ended prematurely, however, Hunter appeared to be an enigmatic tease with unreliable hands, questionable toughness and a penchant for mental mistakes.

Hunter's obvious talent will likely buy him another opportunity the next time a team loses a starting wideout to injury. Until he proves to be a more reliable pass catcher, though, he's going to keep bouncing around the league.

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
Hamilton I agree or ayers