• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Secret Service out of Money Already

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
funny-picture-obama-USA-Ukraine-budget.jpg

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
I don't defend any violence, and I remind you that it was an "alt-right" follower who killed a young woman and injured many people just a few days ago.

and has anyone defended THAT? Still no retort from the story of acid being thrown at the rally, right? Crickets. There is the hypocrisy you are famous for.

Roy92040

Senor Blues
Contributor
Reaction score
Sure you do. You guys despised Obama supporters for not condemning supposed "crimes and terpitudes" he enaged in, but now that you have an actual criminal and thief as your POTUS the reply to someone pointing out your lack of condemnation is; "just like you Obama babies".

I might despise them but I don't want to emulate them.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
It's the size of the family along with the literally non-stop golfing excursions, plus the upkeep of Trump Tower, plus the two Trump boys traveling the world on business, plus Mar a Lago, plus the NJ golf retreat, the list goes on and on. Hey, it's Trump, so it's okay.

Fiscally, this has always been my biggest problem with Trump. Not moving his family to the white house put a tremendous strain on the Secret Service, since they have to try and secure in one of the most expensive locations in the US in one of the busiest cities in the US.

I was a fan when Trump said he wouldn't take a salary, it was a nice gesture, but legally, he has to take it (though he could donate it to a charity, which he hasn't done). What I was surprised about, was I was sure Trump would be comping the government at his properties, if he truly was a put your money where your mouth as a fiscal conservative. It could have been a company write off for security/promotion (if he was on site). He gets free press each and every time he travels to one of his locations, so it would be smart, from a business sense to write the SS off as an advertising expense.

Not keeping his core family at the white house is fiscally reckless and selfish when it comes to protection and fiscal responsibility.

Last edited:

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
I was a fan when Trump said he wouldn't take a salary, it was a nice gesture, but legally, he has to take it (though he could donate it to a charity, which he hasn't done). .

Nope. Sure hasn't. SMDH. Took two seconds to find it on google. Look, I don't like Trump much, but the disinformation out there about the man is astounding. People just believe the bad **** without searching for themselves to find the truth.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/05/politics/trump-salary-antietam/index.html

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/26/politics/trump-salary-donation-department-of-education/index.html

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Nope. Sure hasn't. SMDH. Took two seconds to find it on google. Look, I don't like Trump much, but the disinformation out there about the man is astounding. People just believe the bad **** without searching for themselves to find the truth.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/05/politics/trump-salary-antietam/index.html

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/26/politics/trump-salary-donation-department-of-education/index.html

Fake news! Fake news! They rather run around with their hair on fire rather than researching the source and news. Prime example, Trump, still to this day, getting lambasted that he made fun of a disabled reporter. Totally false, but it's easier to chastise him than to hear the real story. Some is warranted backlash, but most of it is blindly piling on. Hell, I didn't care for Obama, but most of the stuff thrown at him was ridiculous.

ark steel

Reaction score
welcome to Steeler Nation! I never really have either, but it's funny to see the Left lose their minds on a daily basis.

Yeah, I didn't vote for him, but watching the libs has been very entertaining.

Spike

Reaction score
Turns out it was fake news after all

and all the gullible guppies here swallowed it hook line and sinker

FAKE NEWS: Trump Travel Did NOT Bankrupt Secret Service

USA Today's breathless report, later said funding for roughly 1,100 agents working overtime in 2017 is not an issue "that can be attributed to the current Administration’s protection requirements alone, but rather has been an ongoing issue for nearly a decade due to an overall increase in operational tempo."

"The Secret Service has the funding it needs to meet all current mission requirements for the remainder of the fiscal year and compensate employees for overtime within statutory pay caps," he said in the statement. "The Secret Service estimates that roughly 1,100 employees will work overtime hours in excess of statutory pay caps during calendar year 2017. Our agency experienced a similar situation in calendar year 2016 that resulted in legislation that allowed Secret Service employees to exceed statutory caps on pay."