• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Sean Spence signed

Stewey

Reaction score
Waiting to see what he can do is keeping me in suspense!

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like no roster cut due to Juju suspension. It was very interesting that a corresponding roster move was not announced with the Spence signing. They'll have to cut someone next week though when Juju is back on the active roster....same story for the week after NE* with Gilbert coming back from his suspension.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like no roster cut due to Juju suspension. It was very interesting that a corresponding roster move was not announced with the Spence signing. They'll have to cut someone next week though when Juju is back on the active roster....same story for the week after NE* with Gilbert coming back from his suspension.

Great call Hines, I was trying to figure out how they got around signing a player without a release. Now it makes perfect sense!

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Great call Hines, I was trying to figure out how they got around signing a player without a release. Now it makes perfect sense!

I couldn't figure it out either, at first. I also thought Juju would get that bullshit suspension reduced to a fine since its a first offense.

Looking like Spence will get cut next week or Matakevich will go on IR because that's 2 roster spots with hurt ILBs down. Shazier they will hold out hope to see if he can come back later this year, if that's even remotely possible. No roster move for him.

If someone is dinged up then they will be IR'd with Gilbert coming back. Not sure who they would outright cut beyond Spence. Seems they like the younger kids in the secondary too much to cut one.

Uncle Ben

Reaction score
Here's the plan. Deebo has always played well against the Ravens. Don't screw around. Tell him he is starting and let him get the reps. Put the man on a mission. Move Watt inside. he is said to have a great football IQ. He will adjust.

Blitzburgh

Reaction score
One thing Shazier does well is dropping into coverage. Watt can competently drop into coverage. Hell, we seen Watt vs. a WR. He would give Gronk fits.

Fits of laughter maybe. Look Watt has been great, but he cannot cover Gronk. Not only is he just way too big and fast, but he always gets away with pushing off.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Good to see he was out there practicing already today.

36bus36

Reaction score
Thought it would be Steven Johnson but didn't realize he had signed with the Gayvens weeks ago. More happy with Spence

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Fits of laughter maybe. Look Watt has been great, but he cannot cover Gronk. Not only is he just way too big and fast, but he always gets away with pushing off.
I totally disagree. Watt looks great in the hips and transitions very well. Furthermore, he locates the ball instictively. If Ryan's season is over you can put in Spence or Metakavich or Moats in base but you have no one with a better chance of filling in on sub packages and you have a minumum of 5 weeks to mentally prepare him and trust me that isnt a problem. So you go whatever you want in base and in passing downs he is in and I would rush Harrison. No one can shut down Gronk but thos kid could hold his own. Guarenteed.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
In all honesty, we got Davis to counter Gronk. Let's see what our SS can do in that game.