• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Sean Davis is Steelers Rookie of the Year

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Congratulations to Davis, any of the three could have gotten it. Davis was humble enough to acknowledge that and that makes him even a better pick. Again, GREAT job.

Salute the nation

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
2016 is looking like a good draft class. They sure needed one. Congrats to Davis!

hook

Forefather
Reaction score
Well deserved. I must say, Tombert might have finally hit on a decent draft. Burns, Davis and Hargrave have all contributed and improved all season. Even Ayres has shown some signs.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Just got home ... Really surprised there wasn't a thread dedicated to making Coach eat his words. I mean y'all are letting him get away with not addressing it by not putting it in his face outright. Enablers!!

Pass the crow. What's popular is not always right and what's right is not alway popular. - Howard Cosell. I felt Burns deserved it and judging by a poll here, many were surprised.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Pass the crow. What's popular is not always right and what's right is not alway popular. - Howard Cosell. I felt Burns deserved it and judging by a poll here, many were surprised.

I wasn't...

Take a bite, it's delicious! ;)

sing-a-song-of-sixpence-national.gif

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score

it doesn't matter, both deserved it but the thing is that he played as well as a 1st round CB who is highly regarded too. So he is not a bust or a reach as you stated because his tackling was "Horrible", his coverage was "Awful" and lacked "playmaking abilities"

FordFairLane

Reaction score
This thread is funny but to be honest this years ROY could have went to three different guys and no one would have been surprised... well except Coach. :)

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
LOL, well what do you know! Burns had more plays. But they voted.

That's right!! THEY voted. They being the Pittsburgh chapter of The Pro Football Writers of America. So they thought Davis had more plays! But what do they know??

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

SteelerAl

Reaction score
To pile on Coach some more, how about all the nonsense he wrote about the offense not losing much without Bell??? That's the finest example of Coach's "who needs to actually watch the games?" analysis. Comparing DWill's rushing stats with Ben at QB to Bell's stats with Vick and Landry Jones.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN Home Page/2016/12/film-room-sean-davis-stakes-claim-roty-award/

Troglodyte

Reaction score
Not bad for a GM/Coach some feel can't draft.

Defense anyway. Definitely some redemption this year. The funny thing is this site was full of outrage when the Steelers settled for Burns after the Bengals got Jackson.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I knew three things about Burns

He had ths size speed and play making ability.
He was from a school known for bringing talent to the NFL
The school had a lame duck coach that was known for not getting the most out of their payers

glad he worked out for us, he was needed badly

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score

I am not surprised at all. The guy has improved his game a lot since the start of the season. I know you like to hold his mistakes against him, but Big Ben is making the same mistakes he made in 2004 and few, if any, will call him out for it.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
yesterday was his best game. He is not playing like a rookie. Well done to the COACHing staff for finding this guy. Most people had him going much later in the draft. I would say the Steelers got their starting safety for years to come!