• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Sammy Coates next tattoo should read...

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
or DA is better than me......

Ayers could've been a factor in this game. He's shown promise in his opportunities, yet he's in sweats instead of a football uniform

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
He can get open and is fast, but doesn't matter if he can't squeeze the pigskin. Hope he finds a WR guru and works on his hands in the off-season. Glasses/contacts may be needed, as well.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I highly doubt Ayers makes a difference but anyone could see Coates was done and needed an off season to re-compose. So why dress him.

Stoney

Reaction score
I highly doubt Ayers makes a difference but anyone could see Coates was done and needed an off season to re-compose. So why dress him.

I disagree. New England keeps everything in front of them, so putting Coates in for the occasional long pass made no sense at all. They will allow the short passes, and thats where Ayers excels. There was a better chance that Ayers would catch one across the middle and break through for a long gain than there was for Coates to catch one of his 40-yarders, given how he's looked for the past couple months. Really bad call on MT's part today.

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Get rid of every player and coach who is not a gamer. Tall order.

JayC

Reaction score
coates is awful, i knew this long before today, but apparently the coaches don't see it. our coaches are morons, that's all there is to it.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
**** him, he needs to get on with his life's work.

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
I think he has dirt on Tomlin, that's the only way he kept getting on the field

mdk2

Reaction score
Coates has hands like bricks, the ball doesn't go through his hands, it bounces right off his hands. No wonder he has broken fingers.

Steelerz99

Forefather
Reaction score
SO, w/the Coates hate (and it IS deserved) is this team offensively THAT much better w/Bryant? Maybe, but I think coaching has a lot to do w/maximizing talent. Team was 11-5. Pats were 14-2 w/way less talent. Blount? Edelman? Hogan? If Bill had Brady, Brown and Bell... yikes! I mean, where is this team (Steelers) w/Blount and Edelman and throw in Gronk as their top go to talent?

blitzburghv5

Reaction score
SO, w/the Coates hate (and it IS deserved) is this team offensively THAT much better w/Bryant? Maybe, but I think coaching has a lot to do w/maximizing talent. Team was 11-5. Pats were 14-2 w/way less talent. Blount? Edelman? Hogan? If Bill had Brady, Brown and Bell... yikes! I mean, where is this team (Steelers) w/Blount and Edelman and throw in Gronk as their top go to talent?

What other top QB talent is in that division the Pats play in ? Tyrod Taylor/EJ Manuel, Tannehill/Moore, Fitzpatrick/Smith aren't gonna do much to thwart NE from winning 6 gimmies annually.

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Hell, we had Blount and couldn't figure out how to rotate backs in to play off of their strengths and weaknesses. We have D-Will and the only time he sees the field is when Bell goes down even though he is still an effective back with a different style then Bell. I truly believe that this staff has no clue how to maximize the talent of the players.

Steelerz99

Forefather
Reaction score
So, they wouldn't feast on Crap the north has? You really think Lewis has the chops two best NE yearly? Is Baltimore with Flacco THAT intimidating? Ok...Cleveland is a gimme in the mountain west, but you get my point. Steelers had two shots and were about as successful as Jets, Miami, Buffalo.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Steeler Nation mobile app

mdk2

Reaction score
So, they wouldn't feast on Crap the north has? You really think Lewis has the chops two best NE yearly? Is Baltimore with Flacco THAT intimidating? Ok...Cleveland is a gimme in the mountain west, but you get my point. Steelers had two shots and were about as successful as Jets, Miami, Buffalo.

A game with Landry Jones as QB, I don't consider a "shot." We never were going to win that game.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Limas Coates? Sammy Sweed? The main reason they drafted him was because they knew Bryant was going to be suspended before it became public knowledge.

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
Limas Coates? Sammy Sweed? The main reason they drafted him was because they knew Bryant was going to be suspended before it became public knowledge.
Coates was drafted in 15, Bryant failed his test after the 15 season.

Steelerz99

Forefather
Reaction score
Ok... But the Shats still win without Brady, Gronk etc. That's not an excuse. It may be a reason, but come on. At some point, reason and limitation kick in

steelermania

Reaction score
Coates actually slowed down on the pass during the first drive. He sucks, and needs to be gone. That said, it was a stupid play call. Don't know if it came from Haley, or if it was Ben doing his weekly Brett Favre imitation. There is a reason Favre only has one ring. Move the damn chains on 3rd down instead of always trying to make a big play.

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
Bell was injured on the 2nd play of the game, so running him doesn't guarantee anything, Coates is open, ball hits him in the hands should've been a big play to their 30