• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Rumor of Fields being a return man............................

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
This would rank right up there with the top 3 dumbest things Tomlin did or even thought seriously doing.

Three ????

Quite a bit of Tomlin baggage to try and get it to top three……….

Salute the nation

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Good lord please do nor attach the word slash. Literally no chance he is returning Kicks. He chose to be on this team more or less. That would be done if you do that.

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
Whose ******* idea is this! I’m sorry but that’s nuts to have your backup QB returning kicks. I know Justin can run but the emphasis should be on improving him as a QB and working on his passing game and not returning kicks.
Who here remembers Mark Malone going out for passes? Didn't he have a 90-yard TD or something? And of course there was Kordell. But considering Fields as an option as a returner is pure lunacy, PURE.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If I Remember correctly there will often be two men deep on Kickoffs now meaning we need multiple people capable of doing returns.

I hear yaz and all fine and dandy, BUT not a #2 QB. That decision would step Coach Tomlin down another step in coaching prowess.

Salute the nation

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I hear yaz and all fine and dandy, BUT not a #2 QB. That decision would step Coach Tomlin down another step in coaching prowess.

Salute the nation
Yeah you have Austin and the third string RB both can be placed back there without jeopardizing the health of your backup QB. I would think those would be the two more attractive options.

I get that Fields is fast, sprinkle him in on offense but not on returns where people can sprint 20 some yards and take his head off.

Poobah

Reaction score
C'mon guys. this is a joke. Did anyone watch the video? Warren says the special teams coach said it. No, I wasn't there but that is just hte sort of jest that gets pushed around a locker room (for those of you who never spent time in one). There is no way even bubble gum Danny was serious. How it got from there to blaming HCMT, I don't get.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
C'mon guys. this is a joke. Did anyone watch the video? Warren says the special teams coach said it. No, I wasn't there but that is just hte sort of jest that gets pushed around a locker room (for those of you who never spent time in one). There is no way even bubble gum Danny was serious. How it got from there to blaming HCMT, I don't get.
You must be new to here. Tomlin is to blame for everything bad.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
my bad. HCMT didn't send me a memo on the rules.
General rule is that Tomlin does nothing good. The draft? he sucks at it. he steps out of the room when they draft someone like Watt. Game plans? what are those MT asks.
do not even bring up time management.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

My stance is it's a known that it won't happen. If Coach Tomlin does by some chance allow it to,....... then It's a failure decision.

I'm fully aware of how locker room banter comes to rumor. I'm not condemning anyone until it actually happens.

Salute the nation

Poobah

Reaction score
My stance is it's a known that it won't happen. If Coach Tomlin does by some chance allow it to,....... then It's a failure decision.

I'm fully aware of how locker room banter comes to rumor. I'm not condemning anyone until it actually happens.

Salute the nation
it won't happen. just guys shooting ****. But, if for some reason it did happen, I will be the first to back the dumb decision HCMT crowd.

bigben

Reaction score
While I could see Fields excelling at returns, the same way I could see Lamar Jackson being a good return guy, This may be the stupidest idea I have ever heard. Fields would be nuts to agree to it! Hell I didn't like it when they had Brown returning and he was great at it.
If they are serious why did they bring in a 32 yr old Patterson?? Makes no sense. kind of like Smiths vet tight end they brought in, makes no sense either.
Let Calvin Austin return kicks, or anyone but Fields. I'm not super high on Fields but I want to see what he looks like as a QB, He has just as good a chance to excel as Wilson IMO