• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Rats release Bell

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sure bigben will be along shortly to tell us that the Rats just didn't use the superstar properly and that he's still headed for the HoF.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Generational talent that only worked in Pittsburgh. He screwed the pooch on that. From big name to no name with only him to blame. Maybe he can put that last line in a rap song.

At least "Little Chest" went down and got himself a superbowl ring...

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
I think that bridge is burned.

That bridge wasn't just burned, it was downright detonated. I'd place my odds of buying a superyacht (or Troglodyte buying a clue) above Bell ever coming back to Pittsburgh.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

madinsomniac

Reaction score
He is 30 and he is washed up as many backs are… his run style fit our passblocking scheme so well he just didn’t realize what he had till he left… had he signed with us he probably gets cut this preseason anyhow but he would have had a solid run at borderline HOF numbers and made a lot more money… what a ******* dumbass

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
He is 30 and he is washed up as many backs are… his run style fit our passblocking scheme so well he just didn’t realize what he had till he left… had he signed with us he probably gets cut this preseason anyhow but he would have had a solid run at borderline HOF numbers and made a lot more money… what a ******* dumbass
So you're saying there's a chance???

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I don't want him and they wouldn't get him anyway. But.......... I do find it hard to believe he couldn't be a third down back for someone. I always thought he was one of the best pass catching RB I'd seen and pretty damn solid in pass pro.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Is he better than Snell/McFarland/Ballage???

No. I don't want him...but I do question it...
Bell is finished but the Steelers should be more active in seeking out a backup for Harris. McFarland can't even get a hat on gameday. Think about that. He can't beat out a guy who is averaging 1.7 YPC.

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
Is he better than Snell/McFarland/Ballage???

No. I don't want him...but I do question it...
At this point, I'm going to go with him not being better than Snell/McFarland/Ballage. His glory days seem way in the rear view. Tomlin rode him hard and put him up wet.

Steel Reign

Custom Title
Contributor
Reaction score
On the one hand, Bell has been cut and can be signed. On the other hand, I just took a crap, it is a free agent as well. I think both pieces of crap have zero chance to have an impact for the Steelers this year. At least the latter comes with a cheaper contract.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Bell is finished but the Steelers should be more active in seeking out a backup for Harris. McFarland can't even get a hat on gameday. Think about that. He can't beat out a guy who is averaging 1.7 YPC.

Yeah what is the deal with McFarland? Healthy scratch?