• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Projected Inactive List Week 9

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
We have a pretty healthy team this week with everyone practicing at some time this week (minus Cody Wallace). Ben appears to be trending up, and will be active this weekend, DeAngelo appears to be trending down, and may be inactive. Gay is a wildcard, as he either hurt his foot yesterday in practice, or he was held out for some unknown reason today. I have to think he will play, since he rarely misses games, and doesn't seem too upset about missing practice.

We currently have 6 rostered healthy receivers. one must sit so it will be Hamilton or Rogers. Get your guesses in, anyone can be right this week!

1. Zack Mettenberger: 3rd QB/Inactive
2. Cody Wallace: He's out so he's an easy choice
3. DeAngelo Williams: His knee is not allowing him to be a full go, he's trending down, so I say he sits.
4. Brian Mihalik: Gilbert is starting so Brian will sit
5. LT Walton: Cameron is back so he should sit.
6. Stevie Johnson: Only give special teams snaps, and they should go to Shamarko this week.
7. Eli Rogers: This was a tough call. He was not given a snap the last game, and Hamilton did well given more snaps. I think the Steelers are trying to see what they have in Hamilton

Another inactive may happen if Green is activated on Saturday. If he's active, I believe Cody Wallace will be placed on IR to make room for him, and ending Cody's season. If that is the case, I think the Steelers keep all 4 TEs and make Hamilton inactive, since the size is less needed if Green starts playing.

Crazy week and Karma to the victor! Go Steelers!!

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
In my opinion Wheaton, Hamilton, Coates and maybe even DHP all represent similar types of receivers. Bigger long striders. I find it odd to have Roger's not getting a hat on game day. He is a short area quickness guy that provides a different match up. I like him on the crosses and see him as a better third down option if AB is covered then any of those guys.

Spike

Reaction score
Steelers at Ravens

The Steelers listed QB Ben Roethlisberger (knee) as questionable, but reports from Pittsburgh and his history indicate he’ll play. CB William Gay (foot) and RB DeAngelo Williams (knee) are also questionable while C Cody Wallace (knee) has been ruled out.

LB Kamalei Correa (thigh), LB Elvis Dumervil (foot) and TE Crockett Gillmore (thigh) are out for the Ravens.

CB Shareece Wright (thigh) is doubtful and LB C.J. Mosley (thigh), WR Steve Smith (ankle), T Ronnie Stanley (foot), LB Terrell Suggs (biceps), CB Lardarius Webb (thigh), G Marshal Yanda (shoulder) and CB Tavon Young (concussion) make up a long list of questionable players.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
In my opinion Wheaton, Hamilton, Coates and maybe even DHP all represent similar types of receivers. Bigger long striders. I find it odd to have Roger's not getting a hat on game day. He is a short area quickness guy that provides a different match up. I like him on the crosses and see him as a better third down option if AB is covered then any of those guys.

I wouldn't call Wheaton a bigger type long strider receiver. Hamilton and Coates are definitely similar, and DHB while not that big is a bit of a long strider as well.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
So, do we know the real reason yet why Gay is listed on the injury report? He and others have said he is not injured.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
He is listed with a foot injury, so that may be the reason.

Right but Gay said he is not injured and other teammates said they didn't know of him being injured. So, is he actually injured or is this another one of the Steelers tricks where he is soon to be off the team or put on IR or whatever?

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I wouldn't call Wheaton a bigger type long strider receiver. Hamilton and Coates are definitely similar, and DHB while not that big is a bit of a long strider as well.
I wouldn't call Wheaton a slick inside guy either he makes most of his living on the outside.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Right but Gay said he is not injured and other teammates said they didn't know of him being injured. So, is he actually injured or is this another one of the Steelers tricks where he is soon to be off the team or put on IR or whatever?

Smoke and mirrors .......... Tomlin is running the new "HIDDEN" hoodie play.........

Salute the nation

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score

From what I've seen in practice availability, people don't sit for no reason. They sit when they are hurt, or when they can potentially be hurt. Vets usually get Wednesdays off. He was on site, so he didn't miss for personal reasons or an illness.

Gay may be inactive today, and if he is, it will be because of his foot.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
William Gay wouldn't be sat for any reason other than injury. I mean a guy slows down and eventually can't start anymore. However, at his position it would be gradual because they lack talent at the position. He is still easily one to three of their best DBS anyway you look at it. As far as his attitude I'm pretty sure they could have broke ties with him three or four times if they were concerned with that.

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
if ben srarts should go deep opposite of who has brown, go to coates or DHB, need at least 2-3 gadeget plays and use the wildcat with bellwith decastro and johnsonasa the lead blockers

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure why they have the third string QB inactive with Ben not being 100%.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
Steelers Inactives
No. 11 - WR <nobr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">Markus Wheaton </nobr>
No. 18 - QB <nobr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">Zach Mettenberger </nobr>
No. 24 - CB <nobr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">Justin Gilbert </nobr>
No. 45 - FB - <nobr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">Roosevelt Nix </nobr>
No. 54 - LB <nobr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">L.J. Fort </nobr>
No. 69 - OT - <nobr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">Brian Mihalik </nobr>
No. 96 - DE <nobr style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">L.T. Walton </nobr>

Spike

Reaction score
Ben is back baby!

oh yeah!

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
A healthy Wheaton not getting a hat. Hmm.... A little surprised by that one. But, with Ben, Bell and Brown in the game, I like our chances.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I guess no word on Green. So, they activate him for the next game or he goes on IR.