• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Preview of "Things to Come"

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
With all the "improvements" to our healthcare system thru the ACA, we may well be looking into the viewing window for our American hospitals in the not so distant future.

"Hospitals in Beijing will recruit 1,500 "guardian angels" to protect their doctors from violent attacks by patients.

In recent years, angry patients have killed a number of Chinese doctors, often citing frustration at how they have been handled by the healthcare system.

Doctors and nurses in hospitals are violently attacked every two weeks on average, the state media said, by patients angry at long waiting times, high medical bills and haughty or uncaring doctors. Many hospitals now have security officers on their premises.

The campaign in Beijing will recruit volunteer students, medical staff and other patients to act as buffers between doctors and patients, defusing arguments and smoothing tensions, suggested Xinhua, the state news agency."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10754520/Guardian-angels-to-protect-Chinese-doctors-from-patients.html

View attachment 2

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
I once got a cortisone shot straight up through the heel and didn't want to kill my doctor...hurt him some maybe but not fatally.

Hineswardkickedurpanzyass

Reaction score
When the anistethiologist (I know I butchered the spelling) tried to give my wife an epidural block during labor I thought to myself "why does he hate her? He hasn't lived one day with her". Supposedly anistethiologists are very well compensated, but this dude couldn't hit the ocean from a row boat with that needle. After a couple hours of her labor I thought about finding a do it yourself Epidural kit on ebay to try it my damn self.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
When the anistethiologist (I know I butchered the spelling) tried to give my wife an epidural block during labor I thought to myself "why does he hate her? He hasn't lived one day with her". Supposedly anistethiologists are very well compensated, but this dude couldn't hit the ocean from a row boat with that needle. After a couple hours of her labor I thought about finding a do it yourself Epidural kit on ebay to try it my damn self.
I had rotator cuff surgery two years ago and got an infection in my shoulder from the hospital. This meant two more surgeries to clean out the infection, a hospital stay, and five months on pain killers in my living room with IV's and home care nurses, and was how I got to 10,000 posts on SN two boards ago.

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
I had rotator cuff surgery two years ago and got an infection in my shoulder from the hospital. This meant two more surgeries to clean out the infection, a hospital stay, and five months on pain killers in my living room with IV's and home care nurses, and was how I got to 10,000 posts on SN two boards ago.

Now there's a case that might just qualify. Maybe them Chinese have a point, no more need for malpractice suits. They just won't be available to do that anymore..period.