• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

President Obama

Stewey

Reaction score
Interviewers should start asking Obama what it feels like being the LAST black president,

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
if only Bomma wasn't tainted with his white heritage, then we'd truly see how well he could rule.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I cannot believe what you racists have done to my wonderful thread

Coolie, everybody knows the greatness that is Barack [Can't Say His Middle Name] Obama. You, sir, are a racist for posing the question as you did.

The only non-racist manner of putting forth the question regarding Presidential rankings is this:

Who is the 2nd greatest President of all time, behind Barack [Can't Say His Middle Name] Obama?

Yinzerlyn

Contributor
Reaction score
Hank? Hank is really Obama?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Interviewers should start asking Obama what it feels like being the LAST black president,
I said that from Day One. Unfortunately the next time a black man, even a qualified one, runs for President A LOT of people will be thinking "You remember what happened the last time we elected a black guy?"

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
Instead of a man, you'll be calling Hillary Madam President in 3 years. Then you'll all be demagoging her.
It's become the conservative sport of choice.

For the sake of my 401K and retirement, I hope to never see a republican President in my lifetime.
Stock market only seems to crash during Republican administrations.

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
Instead of a man, you'll be calling Hillary Madam President in 3 years. Then you'll all be demagoging her.

For the sake of my 401K and retirement, I hope to never see a republican President in my lifetime.

CoolieMan

Most Intelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Coolie, everybody knows the greatness that is Barack [Can't Say His Middle Name] Obama. You, sir, are a racist for posing the question as you did.

The only non-racist manner of putting forth the question regarding Presidential rankings is this:

Who is the 2nd greatest President of all time, behind Barack [Can't Say His Middle Name] Obama?
I did not pose a question. I made a statement

ark steel

Reaction score

I'm going to stick with calling her bossy.

Vader

Reaction score

That's because of your ignorance. Your ilk had no problem "demagoging" (yes you probably need to look that word up) Bush when he was in office. So crying now about BHO's treatment is hypocritical. Also blaming any president for the stock market is just ignorant. Policies like the Community Investment Act, which was fortified under Clinton, and allowing Fannie and Freddie to issue loans to people who had no credit history blew up under a Republican President. Bush sent people to congress to fix the problem but were told that they were wrong. This was in 2001. Don't believe me? Watch this:

ark steel

Reaction score
That's because of your ignorance. Your ilk had no problem "demagoging" (yes you probably need to look that word up) Bush when he was in office. So crying now about BHO's treatment is hypocritical. Also blaming any president for the stock market is just ignorant. Policies like the Community Investment Act, which was fortified under Clinton, and allowing Fannie and Freddie to issue loans to people who had no credit history blew up under a Republican President. Bush sent people to congress to fix the problem but were told that they were wrong. This was in 2001. Don't believe me? Watch this:

You might also note the things that happened under a GOP president which caused drops in the stock market and of which he had not control:
1. 9/11
2. Accounting scandals of Enron and others (discovered under Bush but, IIRC, happened in previous years) rocked the stock market. What would have happened to the Utopian "Clinton Economy" if those would have been uncovered then?
3. Collapse of the dot-com bubble which was, in part, due to the Year 2000 issue.

Vader

Reaction score
You might also note the things that happened under a GOP president which caused drops in the stock market and of which he had not control:
1. 9/11
2. Accounting scandals of Enron and others (discovered under Bush but, IIRC, happened in previous years) rocked the stock market. What would have happened to the Utopian "Clinton Economy" if those would have been uncovered then?
3. Collapse of the dot-com bubble which was, in part, due to the Year 2000 issue.

Absolutely. There are many things that drive up the stock market that are actually bad. Like printing Trillions of dollars that get funneled into the stock market. It's artificially high under this president.

Lmob0621

Reaction score
. It's artificially high under this president.

I wouldn't say it is artificially high at this point... a lot of the numbers actually point to it being about right... I can tell you that equating a good stock market or bad stock market to what the president is doing right or wrong is laughable though. Especially when he can't even bring a valid budget to the table... and I hate for the people who feel safe in the bond market (especially high-yield) when the Fed reloads their interest rate gun in a year or two... of course, they can't do that until the economy is in a solid state which it is not no matter how many statistics the left twists and contorts to show how well "their" president is doing.

ark steel

Reaction score
I wouldn't say it is artificially high at this point... a lot of the numbers actually point to it being about right... I can tell you that equating a good stock market or bad stock market to what the president is doing right or wrong is laughable though. Especially when he can't even bring a valid budget to the table... and I hate for the people who feel safe in the bond market (especially high-yield) when the Fed reloads their interest rate gun in a year or two... of course, they can't do that until the economy is in a solid state which it is not no matter how many statistics the left twists and contorts to show how well "their" president is doing.

In general, the President doesn't have any direct influence over the market. The President's policy, of course, can. Suppose the President comes out saying that the captial gains tax will be increased by 10%? Clearly, there will be a ton of sales prior to the implementation to avoid the additional taxation.

The stock market is is high because it has been held there by the various incarnations of Qualitative (or Quantitative?) Easing. Wanna guess where those trillions of dollars are going? I'd guess Wall Street., not Main Street. Since they are printed dollars and QE eventually has to stop, at some point, something has to give. When that starts to happen, those in the know will get out of the stock market and those of us who aren't in the know are ******, with the capital "F" as not a typo.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
The stock market is is high because it has been held there by the various incarnations of Qualitative (or Quantitative?) Easing. Wanna guess where those trillions of dollars are going? I'd guess Wall Street., not Main Street. Since they are printed dollars and QE eventually has to stop, at some point, something has to give. When that starts to happen, those in the know will get out of the stock market and those of us who aren't in the know are ******, with the capital "F" as not a typo.

This...............

Yinzerlyn

Contributor
Reaction score

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score

This.Thank you for pointing out the facts.......something that the left never seems to find when constructing their arguments.