• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Predict the 2017 Pro football Hall of fame.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Tony Boselli,
Isaac Bruce,
Don Coryell,
Alan Faneca,
Joe Jacoby,
Ty Law,
Jason Taylor,
LaDainian Tomlinson,

^^^
This. Except I replace Bruce with Owens. I was thinking Dawkins over Law. But Law over Dawkins no doubt

6Lombardis

Reaction score
I don't think Kevin Greene is better than Jason Taylor. Not if you look at it without bias.

While Greene has him in sacks, Taylor leads him in forced fumbles (twice as many), interceptions (8 to 5) and passes defended (three times as many). I figure you're not a big fan, but Taylor leads substantially in Pro Football Reference "Approximate Value", 160 vs. 122 for their careers.

Taylor was pro bowl more (7 vs. 5) and more importantly 1st team all-pro more (3 vs. 2).

In addition Taylor has the ultimate feather for a defender: Defensive Player of the Year in 2006. Unless you get injured or just a complete one-year wonder, that award seems to guarantee you in the Hall. It is just chalked full of hall-of-famers.

I think Greene deserves to be in the Hall. I really do. Being 3rd all-time in sacks alone and all the stuff above should be good enough. But he's not better than Taylor.
Thanks for that breakdown. I really am more casual fan of JT, and didn't recall him being dominant. I found it curious that the man 3rd in sacks took several votes to get in-given the emphasis on sacks from that position. I hope you're right about DPOY for Harrison's sake.