• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Playoff Scenario

mdk2

Reaction score
Need Texans to lose today so they’re playing for the division next week. Otherwise I see titans beating them if they have the division wrapped up with a win today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steel G

Reaction score
Need Texans to lose today so they’re playing for the division next week. Otherwise I see titans beating them if they have the division wrapped up with a win today.

The problem with Texans losing today is if they also lose next week. If they finish 9-7 and the Steelers finish 9-7, the Texans own the tiebreaker over them. Steelers best shot is to just win twice. That Bills loss really made relying on help from others pretty convoluted and difficult.

mdk2

Reaction score
The problem with Texans losing today is if they also lose next week. If they finish 9-7 and the Steelers finish 9-7, the Texans own the tiebreaker over them. Steelers best shot is to just win twice. That Bills loss really made relying on help from others pretty convoluted and difficult.

If Texans lose next week, Titans have the tie breaker over us too so it doesn’t matter either way. We definitely want Texans to be playing for the division next week.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
We sink or swim with the Ducky.

:twitch:

FSF

The Agile Financial
Reaction score
If Texans lose next week, Titans have the tie breaker over us too so it doesn’t matter either way. We definitely want Texans to be playing for the division next week.

No they don’t.

It’s potentially going as far as strength of victory tie-breaker, so a lot of factors that last week didn’t change

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
Why stress over the possibilities........ we have one game this weekend and that is all we should be focused on. I want to make it to the show as much as anyone but I would prefer to do it on our own merits.
Win the only game in front of you every week has to be the mind frame going forward.
Wanting help from other teams is weak........kick some *** and set a precident with 6 away wins in a row.......