• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Playing the Cheatriots at Cheating Intel Agency (CIA) stadium--how do we game plan ?

blitzburghv5

Reaction score
This is it......the best two in the AFC in a rematch.

On offense--how do we attack them ? NE's defensive stats vs the run are misleading as the opponents abandon the run because they have to play catchup. I think the run will be important to establish but I don't think we HAVE to stay with the run as we can attack NE thru the air. In our first matchup with Landry, he was able to have some success thru the air but he relied heavily on Bell for 10 targets. But Landry is no Ben.

I think we should give them multiple looks and line Bell out at wide receiver a few snaps. One thing we DID see was the pump fake to the WR bubble screen to Brown and toss to James that was a big gainer. So, Haley is listening :) . I cannot stress enough however that we should absolutely utilize the extra lineman approach for our run game as well as incorporate more Nix.

On defense-- its rather elementary and brief. Put Brady on his ***, make him feel it. Id even send a message with a legal personal foul hit to put him on his ***. But let him know, there wont be any clean drop backs if wew can help it. Rough. Him. Up. Beat him down--hes 39 yrs old and that old body will send him signals by 4th quarter and some of those throws will lose mustard and start to drift. Move him off his center--put the rush in his face.

No Gronk makes things easier but they will use a lot more backs In the passing game to compensate and then theres Edelman. Same thing-- put him on his ***. Who do we assign to cover ? We know they employ tons of crossing routes and love the rub plays. They will test out middle no ******* doubt....its coming men, be ready for it. Review the tape from the Giants games, the Seahawks and Ravens. They defend the Pats very well. Take a page from their schemes.

If there ever was a golden opportunity to win in Gillette, this is the one. Maybe this is the year we get over that hump. I know one thing, they can smell it and they want it.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
All joking about counter intelligence aside I believe in this one you are going to have to pass to run. They are going to load the box to stop Bell. They are not going to allow the Steelers to run for 170 yards. I know Ben's numbers haven't been eye popping but he has been really managing this run game well. Making great adjustments for Bell. Real field general ship.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
run the ball down their throats, destroy the middle of the field with their crossing routes and score TDs instead of field goals

on defense, pressure that ***** brady all day...keep guys in his face and take the ball away when he throws up those prayers he used to beat the Texans...

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Defense- As Coolie said, stay in Brady's face. Corners need to press coverage. I wish the Steelers would stick to their gameplan against the cheats like they did in 2011.

Offense- Ben doesn't need to be perfect, but utilize the dink and dunk in his favor. James and any receiver on underneath routes can keep the chains moving and keep marsha marsha marsha off the field.
-run Bell--Bell needs a big game and hope DWill can relieve him on drives.
Steelers fans-- twirl those towels, boycott uggs and let's whoop those Boston ******** into next season

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
on defense, pressure that ***** brady all day...keep guys in his face and take the ball away when he throws up those prayers he used to beat the Texans...

That was weird, watching him just chuck up some quasi-punt when he was being pressured and hoping the WR could come down with the ball. He did it three times and was not picked.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Got to get after them relentlessly on defense and offense. I switch up as much defensive stuff as I can since the cheats gather intel so well on opponents. If Ben plays a great game with the best offensive tools in the NFL. We can blow these guys out. We're overdue . Refuse to be denied! We have a decorated US Army Ranger on the line and a captain at that. I'm confident the best is yet to come.

Reactions: MTC

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
the team has to come up with some kind of signs from the bench. Don't trust the radio system

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
Playing the Cheatriots at Cheating Intel Agency (CIA) stadium--how do we game plan?

Doesn't really matter how much we prepare, Belichik will be onto our schemes.

15972550_1371705682876116_9154709071806020826_o.jpg

ianv2012

Reaction score
Offensively I'd use the muddle huddle, where we play like no huddle but aren't rushing to the line of scrimmage every play, and let Ben call most of the game. Either that or all plays should be called the old fashioned way where we rotate our WRs and the one coming on the field has the playcall, and just completely refuse to use the radio system. Memorize the first drives scripted plays possibly if they are confident enough to do so, and then there is no sheet for them to steal

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
The way I look at it, the Patriots are the best team in football. So we'll have the challenge of beating them, then beating whatever opponent lands in the SB. It's like playing two Super Bowls this year.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Offensively I'd use the muddle huddle, where we play like no huddle but aren't rushing to the line of scrimmage every play, and let Ben call most of the game. Either that or all plays should be called the old fashioned way where we rotate our WRs and the one coming on the field has the playcall, and just completely refuse to use the radio system. Memorize the first drives scripted plays possibly if they are confident enough to do so, and then there is no sheet for them to steal

I like this, and we do rotate our Z receiver. The best is to pair the receiver with the actual play with a false radio signal call. That is how you find out whether or not they cheat.

Slash#10

Reaction score
Win the coin toss, accept the ball, score a TD on first drive, play man defense and blitz DBs. Don't match Timmons on Edelman. Rinse, wash, and repeat... stay away from personal fouls. Killer B's (Bell, Brown, Boswell, and Ben)

Somebody put the Ben with Direct TV on the field.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Steeler Nation mobile app

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
This is a tough one, you want to pound Bell and kill clock and keep Brady off the field, but as shown in both Baltimore games, the early KC game, last week vs Miami, we score when we run that up tempo offense, when we pound the ball and kill clock we have trouble scoring.

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Run several plays where we split Bell out wide with D Will in at RB. We still need the threat to run on almost every play

Utilize a lot more play action. Get Ben a bunch of high percentage passes on the first two drives to get him into rhythm. Do not freeze out the passing game for long stretches of time because 1) We won't run as successfully on NE as we did vs KC or MIA and 2) it obviously gets Ben out of rhythm. We need Ben in a rhythm all game long.

Heavy doses of AB. I want New England to fear him. When the time is right, say a short second down near midfield, go for the jugular and send AB deep.

Pressure on Br*dy but the key here is - bring it thru the middle. Br*dy can side step edge rushers and create a clean pocket for himself. Bring it straight to his face and he turns *****. Shazier and Timmons are perfect for this role.

Last edited:

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Win the coin toss, accept the ball, score a TD on first drive, play man defense and blitz DBs. Don't match Timmons on Edelman. Rinse, wash, and repeat... stay away from personal fouls. Killer B's (Bell, Brown, Boswell, and Ben)

Somebody put the Ben with Direct TV on the field.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Steeler Nation mobile app

Brady ain't running anywhere, put Timmons on the blitz and keep Shazier in the middle zone with Davis help. Mitchell on Cover 1

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
and then there is no sheet for them to steal
Obviously you put in a fake sheet but you make an attempt to hide it, or you make it look like you "lost it".

fogdoctor

Reaction score
**** it. Ram the ball down their throats.

The GOAT

Reaction score
The NE defense has given up the fewest points in the NFL.

When KC lost Derrick Johnson that was the final nail in their run defense coffin. The Pats dont have that problem.

The GOAT

Reaction score

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
The Pats tend to adjust very well at half time. Might be that the cheat and record everything we call and then have their boy Ernie digest it all and spit it back out so all their coaches get a jump on what we are doing or it just might be that Bilacheat is that good. regardless I have a second half plan of attack on both sides of the ball that is quite different than the 1st half. Plan on mixing up everything from 1st half to 2nf half.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Aint youse guys the least bit concerned about the GOAT?

here’s what Brady’s done against the Steelers:

238-for-342 (69.6 percent)
2,826 yards
24 touchdowns
3 interceptions
114.2 passer rating
8.26 yards per attempt
And here’s how that looks when broken down on a per-game scale:

26-for-38 (69.6 percent)
314 yards
2.67 touchdowns
0.34 interceptions

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/01/16/tom-bradys-statistics-against-the-steelers-are-ridiculous/

yawn.......