• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Phil Simms and Boomer out on the CBS pregame show

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
I may be in the minority here, but I always thought Boomer acted like a prick on this show. Like nearly every turn he had speaking usually involved some sort of cut or insult -- I never found his opinions enjoyable or interesting to hear.

Simms, nice guy but often was on the receiving end of many of Boomer's insults. Was a bit plain but trying to act like the adult in the room. Maybe that wasn't interesting enough. To me Simms would have been perceived much better if there wasn't a Boomer around.
Boomer is a prick and a devout PIT hater. Since Chin came on the show he doesn’t challenge him often. But Boomer always was high on his opinions, of course that‘s what he was paid for.

Oh boy, you must not remember when Phil was on the 1st team booth as color commentator. He was full of himself and always compared the QBs in the field to how HE played the position. He was usually critical of the player, the scheme or coach when comparing too. He thought he was almighty plenty of times, but Bill Parcells would burn his *** on the sidelines like a Gunney Sgt on a private.

Of course, once his kid got into broadcasting and Phil got the HQ slot, he mellowed A LOT.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
she left NFLN? When?
Two years ago. She got her own show on FanDuel/YouTube. Since she is a fantasy football guru, and easy on the eyes she has one of their top shows.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Two years ago. She got her own show on FanDuel/YouTube. Since she is a fantasy football guru, and easy on the eyes she has one of their top shows.
Talented and sexy is a good combination.

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
Boomer is a prick and a devout PIT hater. Since Chin came on the show he doesn’t challenge him often. But Boomer always was high on his opinions, of course that‘s what he was paid for.

Oh boy, you must not remember when Phil was on the 1st team booth as color commentator. He was full of himself and always compared the QBs in the field to how HE played the position. He was usually critical of the player, the scheme or coach when comparing too. He thought he was almighty plenty of times, but Bill Parcells would burn his *** on the sidelines like a Gunney Sgt on a private.

Of course, once his kid got into broadcasting and Phil got the HQ slot, he mellowed A LOT.
Phil was hardly alone of that list of people Parcell's fried on the sidelines.

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Yet Chris Collinsworth still has a job.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
seriously?? I feel like I saw her repeatedly on Good Morning Football just this past season..no?
Nope Jamie Erdalh replaced her. Coincidently, during the show going on hiatus until August while the show moves to LA, she just had a kid.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Phil was hardly alone of that list of people Parcell's fried on the sidelines.
Big Tuna, to an extent, was the closest version of Lombardi in the modern era of the NFL. Was Belichick’s daddy and told Jerry Jones to GTFOH. He went a little too far when he tried to emulate Halas and Paul Brown as both GM/HC when he didn’t own the franchise, but wanted “to pick out the groceries” if he was going to cook. Belichick made it work by having a complicit owner in “circumventing the rules” AKA Cheating, for which he got caught three times.

carbonsteel

Reaction score
Well at least there is some sense in sports television - Michael Irvin is out of a job.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
The thing is that boomer has been out of the game since 97... simms since 93..

both were supposed to be giving Qb/ player perspective.. and being out of the league for over a quarter century kind of makes their perspective less relevant.. it was time that role went to a younger and more up to date model