• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Peterson coming back?

Steelmann

Reaction score
I think Sutton has more game left in him. My preference…
Sutton was part of one of the worst pass defense in the NFL last year. And got a good deal of criticism. Even with Brian Branch there. Are we just saying this because he used to be a Steeler…..or based on his play? The games I saw he got beaten repeatedly. And I must admit….I thought,man,I’m glad he’s not playing for us now.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Sutton was part of one of the worst pass defense in the NFL last year. And got a good deal of criticism. Even with Brian Branch there. Are we just saying this because he used to be a Steeler…..or based on his play? The games I saw he got beaten repeatedly. And I must admit….I thought,man,I’m glad he’s not playing for us now.
He played well for us.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I think they played him outside if I am correct. Plus you know some players just fit certain schemes better.

Poobah

Reaction score
The issue with Sutton is off the field. The legal stuff has to play out and then he may face a multi-game suspension from the NFL.

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
The issue with Sutton is off the field. The legal stuff has to play out and then he may face a multi-game suspension from the NFL.
Well, his on-the-field production is also in question. He had ONE DECENT year in Pgh, then was a calamity in Detroit. Everyone thought he would build on his decent year in Pgh in 2022, it didn't happen. If they can get him for a few mill and without major NFL suspension, OK, but nothing short of that.

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, his on-the-field production is also in question. He had ONE DECENT year in Pgh, then was a calamity in Detroit. Everyone thought he would build on his decent year in Pgh in 2022, it didn't happen. If they can get him for a few mill and without major NFL suspension, OK, but nothing short of that.
They asked him to be something he isn't in Detroit. They tried to match him up against the one on the other team like JPJ. That isn't his game.

Poobah

Reaction score
Anyone you get at this point is going to have questions around them. The advantage with Cam is you know him and his strenghts/weaknesses and he knows the team/system.

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
Anyone you get at this point is going to have questions around them. The advantage with Cam is you know him and his strenghts/weaknesses and he knows the team/system.
Agreed, just saying his 3 ints in 2022 were his career, all-time high, and will probably remain so. He probably falls short of being a full-time starting CB in the NFL. That's all.

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
Agreed, just saying his 3 ints in 2022 were his career, all-time high, and will probably remain so. He probably falls short of being a full-time starting CB in the NFL. That's all.
He might not make the team but based on his measurables he was worth a shot.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Sutton is a good slot guy... he is at best average outside...

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
They didn't pick.up anyone in the Draft and a trade now is .improbable. if you have a discussion with Sutton and consider his problem a one off......he probably gets less then 4 games. You would be ridiculously stupid not to.pay him 1 million above market. Christ they paid Jackson 2 million to suit up one practice.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Don’t want or need Sutton anywhere near the Burgh..
I would consider Patrick..