• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pens hockey 21-22

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Regardless of outcome tonight, it’s been a fun season as always. New era next season. Could be Letang and Malkin’s last game in a Pens sweater
After the past few years getting to the second round will seem comparable to winning the Cup, at least to me. Looking forward to celebrating tonight.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
After the past few years getting to the second round will seem comparable to winning the Cup, at least to me. Looking forward to celebrating tonight.
I hope the Pens win too.

Regardless a lot of us are still here to chat throughout the season. Had a perspective check last night as I found out a dude I went to high school with passed away from a motorcycle accident.

Kinda realize how fragile life can be. Consider myself lucky/blessed to make it another year to enjoy life and in that chatting on a Steeler board is part of my life.

😶

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I hope the Pens win too.

Regardless a lot of us are still here to chat throughout the season. Had a perspective check last night as I found out a dude I went to high school with passed away from a motorcycle accident.

Kinda realize how fragile life can be. Consider myself lucky/blessed to make it another year to enjoy life and in that chatting on a Steeler board is part of my life.

😶
Sorry to hear that MTC.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Just tear it all down. Sky is falling. It’s always doomsday book of revelations after a loss. Whether it’s Pens or Steelers. Change it all!
I don't think people realize how hard it is to:
a) make the NHL playoffs every year,
b) win a playoff series in the NHL, and
c) reward fans with not one but two Stanley Cups in the last five years.

Yeah, it sucks that they've had early-round exits over the last couple seasons. Guess what? The mighty Avalanche, with some of the greatest players in the world, haven't advanced past the second round in over ten years. The best Penguins team of all-time (92-93) couldn't even make the conference finals. either. That's how difficult it is.

If you had told me before Game 1 that they'd be 3-3 with the Rangers (and their Vezina-winning goaltender) with Louis Domingue in net for 5+ games and without Crosby for 1+ games, I'd have taken it. I'm going to enjoy watching the opportunity the Penguins have tonight, win or lose. Whether it starts tonight, or in a few weeks, or in another month or so, I'll have plenty of time in the offseason to ponder their future.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think people realize how hard it is to:
a) make the NHL playoffs every year,
b) win a playoff series in the NHL, and
c) reward fans with not one but two Stanley Cups in the last five years.

Yeah, it sucks that they've had early-round exits over the last couple seasons. Guess what? The mighty Avalanche, with some of the greatest players in the world, haven't advanced past the second round in over ten years. The best Penguins team of all-time (92-93) couldn't even make the conference finals. either. That's how difficult it is.

If you had told me before Game 1 that they'd be 3-3 with the Rangers (and their Vezina-winning goaltender) with Louis Domingue in net for 5+ games and without Crosby for 1+ games, I'd have taken it. I'm going to enjoy watching the opportunity the Penguins have tonight, win or lose. Whether it starts tonight, or in a few weeks, or in another month or so, I'll have plenty of time in the offseason to ponder their future.
It’s the hardest trophy to win.
16 straight seasons in the playoffs.
3 cups, 4 appearances by the core group. They accomplished a lot. Crosby even has olympic gold medals sprinkled in all of that. If they lose tonight it’s not the end of the world.

This years team exceeded expectations. However I am excited for the FSG era to start. But we’ll save that for next season.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Crosby, Rakell and Jarry are going to play tonight.
While that is great news, there’s a part of me that thinks you have to let Domingue finish this series. Jarry hasn’t played in what, a month? I don’t know man. Crosby and Rakell will be a huge help.

Reactions: JMM

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I hope the Pens win too.

😶
Sorry brother.

Reactions: MTC

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Seems like we see this over and over...Pens get good sustained pressure, dont score, then 10 secs later give up a goal

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
While that is great news, there’s a part of me that thinks you have to let Domingue finish this series. Jarry hasn’t played in what, a month? I don’t know man. Crosby and Rakell will be a huge help.
I would have like to see Louie given the chance and if he stuttered then bring in Jarry but they have a much better pulse on the team than I do. Ha.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Seems like we see this over and over...Pens get good sustained pressure, dont score, then 10 secs later give up a goal
It happens all the time. Its not only the Pens but we notice it more. HA.. The team gets wiped out trying to score and then nothing left in the tank, they make bad decisions, passes, etc and cannot cover the rush back up ice.

Reactions: MTC

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Pens have had some good looks but overall I feel like it’s sloppy play. Hope they get a better hold in the 2nd. They’re probably playing sloppy because Jarry is in net

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Lindgren needs to get decked out of this series already. **** whatever pre existing injury he has. Put some pressure on that injury

Reactions: JMM

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Not sure how the guy who dragged sid down didnt get a penalty