• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Penguins 22-23

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice win over a rival and much needed to keep our playoff chances on life support...

But I must say....that was one of the most disappointing "big wins" I have ever seen from the Pens...

After the first period the very mediocre Flyers totally out played, out hustled, and out chanced us!

How Casey DeSmith wasn't the 1st Star---I'll never know!

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Nice win over a rival and much needed to keep our playoff chances on life support...

But I must say....that was one of the most disappointing "big wins" I have ever seen from the Pens...

After the first period the very mediocre Flyers totally out played, out hustled, and out chanced us!

How Casey DeSmith wasn't the 1st Star---I'll never know!
Phil overruled the official call and gave Casey the 1st star.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
And after 1 period Jarry gives up two goals on 8 shots.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
And after 1 period Jarry gives up two goals on 8 shots.
Jarry has a team in front of him turning pucks over in the offensive zone, missing passes, and just generally sucking.

Only O'Conner has impressed so far, and Geno hasn't been kicked out yet.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Jarry has a team in front of him turning pucks over in the offensive zone, missing passes, and just generally sucking.

Yeah,I see the stats ,but not the game. They have 15 whole shots on goal after 2 periods. Getting blanked 4-0 after 2.

str8liner

Reaction score

Jarry looked like that shot scared the **** out of him on that first goal. After he tracked it right to the guy that shot it......Horrible. Then they play horrible defense, commit dumb penalties and give up power play goals and get circles skated around them the rest of the time.

Real laugher in Joisey tonight.

Turned it off after second period.

Last edited:

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
They are not a playoff team. Even if they do somehow to get in over the panthers. It’s just a first round team. O’Conner, Poehling, Nylander need to see some ice time next season. This team went on a good stretch when the younger guys got more ice time.

Youth = speed. Sullivan’s system is based on speed. Surround the 3 lifers with youth and they’ll be competitive. Need to cut guys like Carter, move Rust. I’d keep. Zucker for his dedication to hit and hustle. Definitely need to try to make a move at Tanev or a similar player.

It was a fun & bumpy season. Life always goes on though. Good luck for the rest of season boys

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Good Morning men and not so happy Pens fans--

I seen this one coming from a mile away by the way the played the last half of the Flyers game..

You were forewarned ! :)

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Good Morning men and not so happy Pens fans--

I seen this one coming from a mile away by the way the played the last half of the Flyers game..

You were forewarned ! :)
Lol.

Good morning to you too.
I’m happy. My son made the honor roll. My youngest son is also starting to take a liking to drawing and coloring and gives me random drawings that are cute as can be.

Pens related got an adidas Crosby jersey. Bit down and got a jersey before the guy retires.

Love the Pens. Always a fan but them winning or losing are low priority in my life right now. Overall the season as a fan had some ups and downs. Some career milestones for guys. It was a good season even if they don’t make the playoffs. The core 3 had some celebrated moments to be proud of. Most recent was Letang’s 1000 game.

str8liner

Reaction score
They are not a playoff team. Even if they do somehow to get in over the panthers. It’s just a first round team. O’Conner, Poehling, Nylander need to see some ice time next season. This team went on a good stretch when the younger guys got more ice time.

Youth = speed. Sullivan’s system is based on speed. Surround the 3 lifers with youth and they’ll be competitive. Need to cut guys like Carter, move Rust. I’d keep. Zucker for his dedication to hit and hustle. Definitely need to try to make a move at Tanev or a similar player.

It was a fun & bumpy season. Life always goes on though. Good luck for the rest of season boys

Ya the time to "gel" and "get hot" has passed. This team is what it is.....A struggling team trying to make the playoffs. Not a team that needs a guy moved up to this line or a few changes here or there to be competitive.

You seen a young fast bright future last night, and a team that is getting old and just about out of gas at the end of the season. Actually the end of an era too I am afraid to say. :(

Last edited:

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Ya the time to "gel" and "get hot" has passed. This team is what it is.....A struggling team trying to make the playoffs. Not a team that needs a guy moved up to this line or a few changes here or there to be competitive.

You seen a young fast bright future last night, and a team that is getting old and just about out of gas at the end of the season.
I really think that what we are seeing is half a team. Get the bottom two lines strong, bring back our injured defense, and get a legit #1 netminder, and we are good. I know it's a lot, but it's not "blow up the team" stuff.

str8liner

Reaction score
I really think that what we are seeing is half a team. Get the bottom two lines strong, bring back our injured defense, and get a legit #1 netminder, and we are good. I know it's a lot, but it's not "blow up the team" stuff.
I agree DJ most of the problems are on defense. Sprinkle in the bad goal tending and poor production from the bottom 2 lines and you have a recipe for losing more games than you win.

If they played solid defense the goal tending would undoubtedly get better and they could eek out some 2-1 3-2 type games but now they get blown out and if they do have a 2 or 3 goal lead its not safe.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I agree DJ most of the problems are on defense. Sprinkle in the bad goal tending and poor production from the bottom 2 lines and you have a recipe for losing more games than you win.

If they played solid defense the goal tending would undoubtedly get better and they could eek out some 2-1 3-2 type games but now they get blown out and if they do have a 2 or 3 goal lead its not safe.
Right. The top two lines, and from time to time, the other lines showing up, make us a team. The have poor netminding that can't hide our warts. So, when half the lines can't produce, we have times when nothing worth a hoot is on the ice.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English

You seen a young fast bright future last night, and a team that is getting old and just about out of gas at the end of the season. Actually the end of an era too I am afraid to say. :(
All good things must come to an end. Maybe if they don't make the playoffs, that will make them a little more hungry to do what it takes on and off the ice to build a better team. Tough to win when you give up more points than you score...

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score

The core 3 will be around a few more seasons. If Hextall is worth a damn, he needs to get the team younger and faster around those 3

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Really good win tonight. Might be too little too late but they are hanging in there.
I’ll enjoy the season or what remains of it. Was a good one tonight especially with Fleury in the building

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
I don't get this team at all. This is a very Steeler like season, show up big one game against a good team,get blown out by bottom feeders and look like you've never played the following game.