• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Penguins 22-23

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Jolly good show right boys!
Good first roll. Beautiful

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If you were watching this opening night of season game and didn’t know it was opening night…one would of thought it was a game seven of a playoff series ..

Unreal intensity for the first game of 82!

This is the exact reason I love professional hockey and why it has become my favorite sport.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
If you were watching this opening night of season game and didn’t know it was opening night…one would of thought it was a game seven of a playoff series ..

This is the exact reason I love professional hockey and why it has become my favorite sport.
I couldn't agree more. I hope that they build that into the second and third tier guys, then uphold it the entire year.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
The Pens scored as many points in five minutes as the Steelers did all last week.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score

Was a fun first game. I’m hoping Malkin keeps that spark. When the guy is on he is practically unstoppable.

He looked like the Malkin we know and want

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I don’t have nhln. Blacked out today. Let’s go Pens

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Great game against a very good team. I hope we can hold this up.

I feel badly for AZ. They are getting owned by the Bs tonight. AZ is looking like the Steelers of the NHL.

Steelersreign

Contributor
Reaction score
Let’s go Pens
Montreal is starting 4 rookie defenseman.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
That was an epic failure. What a way to bite the twinkie. 2-0 leads killed us last year, and tonight was sucky, sucky, suck. I know we got one point, but come on. Geno and Casey showed up. The rest were not so impressive after the first period.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
That was an epic failure. What a way to bite the twinkie. 2-0 leads killed us last year, and tonight was sucky, sucky, suck. I know we got one point, but come on. Geno and Casey showed up. The rest were not so impressive after the first period.

New year and the same weird ****.I guess 3 wins to start the year was too much.

str8liner

Reaction score
82 game season boys. I have come to realize over the years that absolutely nothing can be gleaned out of the season till about January or February.

As Penguins fans we seen this many times before....

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
82 game season boys. I have come to realize over the years that absolutely nothing can be gleaned out of the season till about January or February.

As Penguins fans we seen this many times before....
Really good call, Sir. My angst was based in the idea that too many times in the last few years, this star-studded team has done this too many times.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Well.. on the not so bright side.

The Habs win made Pittsburgh Charlie happy I’m sure..

str8liner

Reaction score
Really good call, Sir. My angst was based in the idea that too many times in the last few years, this star-studded team has done this too many times.

They could literally go 10 and 0 to start and completely annihilate every team and I would still be skeptical.

On the flip side they have been completely out of the playoffs at Christmas and won the Stanley Cup....

Last edited:

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
According to former Leafs' star and captain Wendel Clark "a two goal lead is the worst lead in hockey....if they score, then you are only up by one" or something close to that.

Was a great game Sat nite. Had my wife and boys (11&16) at their first NHL game. Was great to see Stamkos opener matched by Crosby. Lotsa shots, good goaltending at both ends, energetic crowd, few penalties. Shrek sure does coast a lot.
Truly a fun game to watch, and a great experience for the family at PPG Paints arena or whatever its called.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
According to former Leafs' star and captain Wendel Clark "a two goal lead is the worst lead in hockey....if they score, then you are only up by one" or something close to that.

Was a great game Sat nite. Had my wife and boys (11&16) at their first NHL game. Was great to see Stamkos opener matched by Crosby. Lotsa shots, good goaltending at both ends, energetic crowd, few penalties. Shrek sure does coast a lot.
Truly a fun game to watch, and a great experience for the family at PPG Paints arena or whatever its called.
Cool story, Sir!

Geno did do a lot of his spectating, at least more than the first two games. When he's on, few compare. When he's off Steven Hawking can out skate him.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
What a game. 6-1, and it was darn near a shut out. Jarry is amazing. Domination in the net. Sully gets his 300th win as a Pens coach. Only one to do that for us.

3-0-1 Nice start to a season!

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
What a game. 6-1, and it was darn near a shut out. Jarry is amazing. Domination in the net. Sully gets his 300th win as a Pens coach. Only one to do that for us.

3-0-1 Nice start to a season!

All 3 home games they scored 6 goals. This evening they got goals down the lines.

Good stuff.

Steelersreign

Contributor
Reaction score
The Penguins have came back and tied the game up 3-3 in the 2nd.