• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pacman-Mayweather Getting Closer

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I'm on my phone so it's harder to paste links, but the story is on the Espn site. Manny had agreed to the terms of the fight for May 2nd. Of course mayweathers side has no comment yet. Im sure mayweather will still try to get out of the fight even if his ridiculous demands are met. PAC is really putting the pressure on this time

Lmob0621

Reaction score
If Mayweather agreed to terms, the fight is close to happening. Pacquiao has wanted this fight for years... Mayweather is playing the role of The Artful Dodger.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
It will make both men a ridiculous record setting amount of money. Mayweather is a fool if he walks away from this fight.

JupiterBnG

Banned
Reaction score
Doubt Pacquiao has it left in him, but I would love to see him knock Mayweather the **** out. Personally, I find Mayweather to be the least exciting boxer of all time, all he does is dance around and run away from his opponent. Undefeated or not, his fights are uniformly dull.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I dont know if Pac can knock him out, but I do think Pacman can and will win. Mayweather does not have much power and Pac has faced much bigger punchers. Pacman will be amped up and will throw tons of punches. Mayweather will not stand there and throw with him. Manny is too fast and wild. Mayweather will run around the ring which will not look good to the judges. I just hope Pac does not over train and have leg issues again..

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
I'm pulling for Manny in this one if it goes down. It will be the first fight i will actually pay for on pay per view since early Mike Tyson. I stopped those because it was to bing bam pow ...over!..haha

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I'm pulling for Manny in this one if it goes down. It will be the first fight i will actually pay for on pay per view since early Mike Tyson. I stopped those because it was to bing bam pow ...over!..haha

I heard Don King was trying to get Tyson to fight again....UGH

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Don King is a douchebag. I think if this fight happens they will announce it on super bowl Sunday. Just a hunch.

Lmob0621

Reaction score
Don King is a douchebag. I think if this fight happens they will announce it on super bowl Sunday. Just a hunch.

I'd bet pretty large money against the fight happening if the odds were even for the fight happening or not... I heard they were changing the name of Chicken Adobo to Mayweather Adobo in the Philippines.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
I'd bet pretty large money against the fight happening if the odds were even for the fight happening or not... I heard they were changing the name of Chicken Adobo to Mayweather Adobo in the Philippines.

hahaha..Mayweather has run out of excuses. He wants to protect his record,but his record doesn't mean a damn thing unless you fight all of the best during your time as champion.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Awseome! I was starting to think it would never happen.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Mayweather will not stand there and throw with him.

Greatest round of boxing, ever:

Boxing has died because fighters are just not willing throw punches like these two. If more fights were like this, boxing would still be relevant.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Football died when they took the hitting away as well.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Would I like to see it? Yes. Is it worth $99.00? No. I'll have to catch the replay or see if any of my friends are going to pool money to purchase the event. Maybe I'm wrong, but this match should have happened years ago when it mattered.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Of course it should have happened 5 years ago. That is no doubt with both men in their prime. I will either go to a sports bar or get a group of friends to pitch in. I'd never shell out 99 bucks unless i got ring side seats for that amount...haha.Never happen. Hell this will be the first pay per view since Tyson for me.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
I miss good old fashioned boxing. Just not into this mma ****

why? It's legit hand to hand combat with minimal rules, A lot more finishes with submissions and knockouts, Ten times more practical for self defense on the street then just boxing. I still like boxing,but it pales in comparison to having to defend your entire body standing up and on the ground. To each his own i guess.

hook

Forefather
Reaction score
why? It's legit hand to hand combat with minimal rules, A lot more finishes with submissions and knockouts, Ten times more practical for self defense on the street then just boxing. I still like boxing,but it pales in comparison to having to defend your entire body standing up and on the ground. To each his own i guess.

Like you said, to each his own. No doubt it's more practical for self defense. I'm just not into these guys pounding the daylights out of someone who is already down. Also, the submission stuff is more like wrestling. I'm just not into it is all. I like boxing better. Too bad Don King and the likes of him ruined the sport.

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
hook;114341 I like boxing better. Too bad Don King and the likes of him ruined the sport.[/QUOTE said:
Now there's a blast from the past..For yinz too young to remember .Don King

Donald "Don" King (born August 20, 1931) is an American boxing promoter whose career highlights include promoting "The Rumble in the Jungle" and the "Thrilla in Manila". King has promoted some of the most prominent names in boxing, including Muhammad Ali, Joe Frazier, George Foreman, Larry Holmes, Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield, Julio César Chávez, Ricardo Mayorga, Andrew Golota, Félix Trinidad, Roy Jones, Jr. and Marco Antonio Barrera. Almost all of them sued him for defrauding them; King settled most lawsuits for six- to eight-digit pay-offs while managing to avoid a conviction of felony fraud or time in jail.

Here's Don with his Mr. 'T' starter kit....

2008+WBC+World+Championship+Boxing+h7csElXWDtIm.jpg

and the jacket to go with it....

Amir+Khan+Marco+Antonio+Barrera+Weigh+X_pZQNB1jg-m.jpg

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Boxing has changed. The USA used to own the upper weight divisions.

We've still got welterweight, but Mayweather is such a Di@K. Rooting for Manny.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Oh yeah almost fight time! Hope Manny brings his whirlwind 100 punches per round to this one.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Pretty upset with Manny's performance. I thought he would really push the pace, but he did not throw near enough punches. Surprisingly I think Mayweather could have done whatever he wanted in the fight. He had offense defense and seemed he was toying with Manny. Pretty shocking to me..