• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

on to the Second Round and Third

FordFairLane

Reaction score
I'm a little surprised we went three straight defensive players but we did fill three defensive needs. Tomorrow I think OL, OLB, ILB, WR, RB & QB are holes to fill. Obviously, we don't have the picks to fill them all.

fedderone

A Legend In My Spare Time
Contributor
Reaction score
After hearing about Billings knee issues, everyone should feel a **** ton better that he wasn't taken for 1.25. Almost as if the FO might have more information than all of us ********.

Shhhhhh.......that'll be just enough of that logic out of you, sir.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Funny thing is that many of us (me included) thought that they would get Heyward and Tuitt rest by drafting a DT who is NT/DT capable. What they may have done is draft a DT who can be a 3 down NT. This kid obviously has pass rush ability, which means he may not have to come off the field as often as McLendon did and McCullers would have. Plus, if he commands double teams, that relieves some of the pressure off the DEs. It will be interesting to see what the plan is with him!

Edit: Meant "NT/DE capable" ... I'm drunk (and pissed because I'm out of shine)

Last edited:

Chiba

Reaction score
There will now be a short interlude with nobody posting as everyone POPs off to watch videos of players they have never previously heard of before declaring them the hardest hitting ball seeking missile ever, or conversely, to deride the pick based on some draft site ANALyis and to say that if they were COACH they wouldn't have drafted said player in the 10th round let alone the first 3.

And of course, the Steelers will be able to save their draft as long as they draft you-know-who (video and draft write-up recently watched) in the next round.

ark steel

Reaction score
Funny thing is that many of us (me included) thought that they would get Heyward and Tuitt rest by drafting a DT who is NT/DT capable. What they may have done is draft a DT who can be a 3 down NT. This kid obviously has pass rush ability, which means he may not have to come off the field as often as McLendon did and McCullers would have. Plus, if he commands double teams, that relieves some of the pressure off the DEs. It will be interesting to see what the plan is with him!

We don't need no ******* plans.

steelermania

Reaction score
There will now be a short interlude with nobody posting as everyone POPs off to watch videos of players they have never previously heard of before declaring them the hardest hitting ball seeking missile ever, or conversely, to deride the pick based on some draft site ANALyis and to say that if they were COACH they wouldn't have drafted said player in the 10th round let alone the first 3.

And of course, the Steelers will be able to save their draft as long as they draft you-know-who (video and draft write-up recently watched) in the next round.

We see what you did!!!! LOL!