• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Oh this offense is so good, oh so many playmakers......

mdk2

Reaction score
As Ben goes, so does this OFFENSE....why does it bear repeating that when he plays like **** we usually lose.....against sub 500 teams,mind you. Bad decisions, locking on to receivers and forcing throws into coverage.

Special teams blocking with Davis....no excuse for that ****. Rookie lapse cost us 6.

Just road games in general really. He can't play on the road anymore.

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Just road games in general really. He can't play on the road anymore.

Yep.

We're the most predictable team in the league. We can't score on the road. We can't score in Ben's first game back from injury. We can't play period against teams we are expected to beat handily. You would think that if, as fans, we can see these trends and can predict these outcomes from a mile away, the coaching staff would have some answer, or at least approach these types of games differently knowing that they represent a weakness for us. But nah, nothing ever changes.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I said they were seeming a little too arrogant in the off season. Now the roosters have come home to roost.

Let's hear you run your mouths now, Ben, AB and Bell.

AB=Diva
Bell=Rapper/Diva
Ben=Hurt/Trying to do too much with a limited body
Mix that with a coaching staff that will not adjust for the life of them. The results end up being a disappointment. The team looks uninspired and just collecting a check. I don't think these guys are making the playoffs

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Oddly the defense played a half-decent game and the offense **** the bed. More penalty yards than total yards in the first half? Is that a record?
Uncle Rico completed more passes in the first half.

nooneuno

Forefather
Reaction score
Some of you are overly dramatic.

We played crap no denying that but all this Bell and AB crap is a bit out of hand. AB is no different now from the day he was drafted. He's always wanted the ball and celebrated first downs etc... I don't see the point in criticizing his attitude when it has been the way since day one. Bell likes to rap in his spare time, how the hell does that have anything to do with his performance on the field? If you follow the guy on social media you'll see how hard both these guys work at their craft. Is Bell not allowed to do anything else but football? What was Bell suppose to do differently today? Every time he got the ball there were practically 3 Ravens on the guy. That's on the scheme not on him.

P

POP

Agree he is the main culprit in play here but Ben has been absolutely atrocious in this game. If they don't get a competent back up soon the front office are idiots.

They already are idiots for not making a move this long.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Some of you are overly dramatic.

We played crap no denying that but all this Bell and AB crap is a bit out of hand. AB is no different now from the day he was drafted. He's always wanted the ball and celebrated first downs etc... I don't see the point in criticizing his attitude when it has been the way since day one. Bell likes to rap in his spare time, how the hell does that have anything to do with his performance on the field? If you follow the guy on social media you'll see how hard both these guys work at their craft. Is Bell not allowed to do anything else but football? What was Bell suppose to do differently today? Every time he got the ball there were practically 3 Ravens on the guy. That's on the scheme not on him.

A good coach puts players in a position to succeed.

A bad one makes bone headed decisions. Or sits on his hands and watches the game unfold standing there with the cool shades on.

After-all it's the players responsibility to execute.

Hell if I boughtt into the apologists hogwash, I would want Tomlin fired for being useless.

He isn't needed the players know what they need to do.

Talking about over paying for people.

Fire all the head coaches!

lulz

Steelerfan

Reaction score
Horseshit....this offense sucks ***. Ben should have been benched, Brown has turned in to to a damn diva, Coates freaking disappears, Leveon is more concerned with his rap career, and the o-line is a sieve. I'm tired of this crap. Defense played their ***** off today. When are the coaches going to learn that Ben sucks *** whenever he returns from an injury too soon??? Not even kidding you....this was the single worst Steelers game I have ever seen. Embarrassing and heads should roll.

Funniest rant I've seen in awhile. Kudos.

Harry_BZAC

Forefather
Reaction score
Totally agree the worst Steelers game I have ever seen. Not even close

But the offense doesn't suck, we see what they can do when they are mentally in the game. The inconsistency, mistakes, etc. just prove that they are poorly coached. They have the players. The players don't always play up to their potential.

LOL @ the Ravens having the biggest lead they've had in 2 years

You must've not watched the dolphins game.

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
This is not a new team we are seeing here, at best they are a 9-7 team, just like all the other teams fielded by Mike Tomlin. While some have over preformed, most are exactly like we are and have been seeing.

I give all kinds of respect to Ben for giving it a go no matter what, but that should be a COACH's decision. If we have so little confidence in the backups behind him, I understand why you put him in when he is obviously no where near 100%. Why even have backups, if you do not feel they can contribute to helping the team win? The game plan made them one dimensional by choice, that is NEVER a good game plan.

AB is still one of the best in the league, even if it doesn't look like it on the stats sheet. Watch the game and see how much he is doubled and even triple teamed. You have to have a TE and another WR who can be a threat, that makes the D play a little looser allowing AB the do his thing. Coates seems to just be a slight upgrade over Limas Sweed at this point. DHB is what he is, a decent #4WR, Wheaton is injured, and the rest are young without much experience.

James I believe will be a good TE, but he was kept in way too much to help block today. Grimble looks to be a decent #2TE also, but if in max protect to help your injured QB, he doesn't show much either. Green has been hurt all year, we could have kept Miller on the roster as an improvement there.

Bell is a great back, but when the line looks like a turnstile, you get games like that. I would have shifted him to the slot and brought in someone to block in the side car.

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
This team hasn't had it's #2, #3 and #4 receiving options from 2015 (Heath, Bryant, Wheaton) and everyone seemed to
expect their replacements (James, Coates, Rogers) to replace them and be better. Seems like our expectations were too
high while these guys gain experience.

steelhurt

Reaction score
Bingo! And this is a huge reason why I take Ward over Brown.

I'll take Hines 10 out of 10 times over the diva known as AB. Its all about AB and his numbers. He's strictly a product of Ben.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
I thought there was a sequence in the 2nd quarter they tried getting it going. It ended with a draw on 3rd and 5 where Bell was tackled two yards deep in the backfield. I could be wrong, but I thought they tried to get it going.

Being sarcastic

diver

Reaction score
As Ben goes, so does this OFFENSE....why does it bear repeating that when he plays like **** we usually lose.....against sub 500 teams,mind you. Bad decisions, locking on to receivers and forcing throws into coverage.

Special teams blocking with Davis....no excuse for that ****. Rookie lapse cost us 6.

And right there is the problem. They have to make the offense one in which if he is off, they can run with consistency. They were right with Ben in his earlier years. Keep his throws down. No more than about 25 a game. Spread the responsibility around.

Steelerfreak

Reaction score
I would normally agree about it being the worst, but unfortunately I watched the Tommy Maddox loss to the expansion Texans where they gave up less than 100 yards of offense and still lost.

I believe it was 47 total yards for the Texan,. and a 18 point loss for us. Tommy Pick-Six at his worst.

Had to fact check.....still unbelievable.

Scoring

Quarter Time Tm Detail HOU PIT
1 5:54 Texans Kenny Wright 40 yard fumble return (Kris Brown kick) 7 0
2:01 Texans Aaron Glenn 70 yard interception return (Kris Brown kick) 14 0
2 0:20 Steelers Jeff Reed 40 yard field goal 14 3
3 9:33 Steelers Jeff Reed 31 yard field goal 14 6
4 3:35 Texans Kris Brown 43 yard field goal 17 6
2:02 Texans Aaron Glenn 65 yard interception return (Kris Brown kick) 24 6

Team Stats

HOU PIT
First Downs 3 24
Rush-Yds-TDs 26-37-0 31-128-0