• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Official SB game thread

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Mr Tape: you keep making statements without giving an example to support it. If it's an opinion that's OK but you have to say so.

What and when did you see regarding ravens culture during the AFCCG and how does it relate to their performance?

This is a message board. I pretty much assume everything everybody writes is their own opinion unless they are quoting something.

As for the ravens, I was mostly referring to Zay Flowers penalty meltdown. Steeler fans would be ripping Tomlin if Pickens cost the team like that, yet nobody thinks that Harbaugh has a culture problem. I don't either. That was the whole point. Every team has their divas, particularly at WR, and it's doesn't automatically fall on the head coach.

TimesHaveChanged

Reaction score
You said the ravens have a culture problem indicated by the rookie getting a taunting penalty

You said the ravens do not have a culture problem though a rookie got a taunting penalty

We'll leave them alone for now

SF took the ball in OT instead of kicking. There is no incentive to make this move so what made them do that

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
We watch the Steelers weekly and sometimes daily. I don't think any of us follows other teams that closely so we don't know the little ins and outs of what goes on. I don't think you will find a drama free football team.
As for SF taking the ball the fullback said he was unaware the playoff OT rules were different. Im not sure i buy this excuse though because that would be a HC call. I doubt the SF coach didn't know the rules abs discuss what to do if they won the toss

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
You said the ravens have a culture problem indicated by the rookie getting a taunting penalty

You said the ravens do not have a culture problem though a rookie got a taunting penalty

We'll leave them alone for now

SF took the ball in OT instead of kicking. There is no incentive to make this move so what made them do that

I think the 49rs’ made that move in defiance of the rookie taunting call, in the ravens’ game.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
We watch the Steelers weekly and sometimes daily. I don't think any of us follows other teams that closely so we don't know the little ins and outs of what goes on. I don't think you will find a drama free football team.
As for SF taking the ball the fullback said he was unaware the playoff OT rules were different. Im not sure i buy this excuse though because that would be a HC call. I doubt the SF coach didn't know the rules abs discuss what to do if they won the toss

When my employee (chiefs fan sheeple) came walking in all smug, he said yeppers, the 49ers didn’t even know the new rules for overtime. He asked if I had even heard of the new rules………..like he had something on me because of what he heard from the TV.

I burst his bubble with the same common sense approach as you. They knew about the new rules and Andy Reid isn’t some kind of hidden rules genious.

The SF player may have been a dumb ****, and claimed he didn’t know the new rules. There is NO WAY San Fran coaching sent them out there without telling them what they wanted, should they win the coin toss. He may have just got to excited and spased the call.

WAIT

When I think about how ill-prepared our one and only bubbles is at times, I guess anything is possible.

Salute the nation

DonovanMcker

Reaction score
It's important to remember that coaches and players are well-informed about rule changes and are usually prepared for different game scenarios. Andy Reid, the coach of the Kansas City Chiefs, is undoubtedly knowledgeable about the rules as well. So, there's no reason to believe that power adapter were caught off-guard by the overtime rules.
However, it's also worth considering that mistakes can happen. Sometimes, players may make errors due to excitement or nerves, even if they were properly informed about the rules. It's possible that the San Francisco player who claimed to be unaware of the new rules simply made a mistake in the heat of the moment.
Reflecting on the situation, you mentioned that your employee may have been trying to highlight the potential incompetence of the San Francisco coaching staff. While it's important not to jump to conclusions based on one incident, it's understandable to question the preparedness of a team or coach if they consistently display a lack of readiness in various aspects of the game.
Ultimately, it's crucial to approach these discussions with a fair and open mind. It's okay to challenge someone's claims, but it's also important to consider all possibilities and not let personal biases cloud our judgment.