• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Official Prediction Thread Steelers vs Pats*** Part II

warriors42

Forefather
Reaction score
Steelers 35

cheaters 27

Frosty

Reaction score
Goodell's Boys - 28

A-ME's team - 24

Once again defense blows a 4th qtr lead.

xjx

Reaction score
Steelers 27
Cheaters 23

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I hope I'm wrong.

Men Of Steel 21
Kryptonite 27

The Cheating Bastiges From New England almost never lose at home and we almost never beat the Cheating Bastiges From New England.
Upsides, Gronk is out and we played them close this year with our backup QB.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
Steelers 29
Pasterisks* 16

chipped ham

Reaction score
I hope I'm wrong.

Men Of Steel 21
Kryptonite 27

The Cheating Bastiges From New England almost never lose at home and we almost never beat the Cheating Bastiges From New England.
Upsides, Gronk is out and we played them close this year with our backup QB.

Much like Andy Reid's record after a bye, the pats*** record at home shows that they can lose there. Regardless of how little a number it may be, they have lost, and can lose there. The good guys are gonna be ready for this one.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
This will not be an easy game nor should it be.

At this point in time, the Steelers are relatively healthy and has its identity. 9 games won in a row!

I do not think New England can stop our power running game. By running it well early, it keeps Brady off the field. Make them stop it, with, or without their deflated footballs! Then Haley needs to call play action once Beleicheat adjusts and deploys his forces closer to the line of scrimmage. I think our OL can handle their front seven.

Once we enter the 10-yard line, our smaller WR's aren't ideal options for some routes. Run it some more. Give it to Bell 3-4 times, I don't care if we have to go for it on 4th down, you are not beating the New England Patriots with field goals unless it's in the 4th quarter and we have the ball last.

On defense, Brady isn't easy to sack, but he hates pressure up the middle and isn't the hardest guy in the world to sack once a player approaches his area. So ILB blitzes with Shazier / Timmons or a DB blitz on the corner can work. Unforetneluely he's the NFL golden boy, so any hit, even one a fraction of a second late, or legal hard shot can draw a flag. As for coverage, Brady not going deep often. Play tighter coverage as New England doesn't have any burners, and he often throws the ball quickly. Watch out for Bellicheat's pick plays, and keep sending 4 or more.

Boswell is money, but this game could be close, so we need continued excellence on kick coverage and Berry needs to make sure our field position is good, with no touchbacks, and high kicks with distance.

I am reasonably optimistic regarding our chances for Victory, but all three phase of the game, Offense, Defense and Special teams need to pull their own weight. Also, timeouts need to be carefully managed, particularly late in the game as I do NOT want Brady to have the ball last with too much time for him or not enough time for us if he does score.

Prediction: Steelers 31, Patriots 24

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not seeing a win here. I have a feeling the Pats sell out to stop Bell and I'm thinking Ben can't outscore Brady when it comes to a passing game - plus, Hoodie out coaches Cool Shades. Pats 33 Steelers 26. Hope I'm wrong because if the Pats win I'll likely sit out the SB - rather watch reruns of Gilligan's Island.

Hoodie out cheats his competition. Tomlin needs to have the team coming out on all cylinders. The Pats are not a come from behind team. They are not physical either. Bump their receivers and pressure Brady. That's all it takes to beat them. The Steelers did it in 2011 and the Giants have used that defensive scheme in both championships

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Hoodie out cheats his competition. Tomlin needs to have the team coming out on all cylinders. The Pats are not a come from behind team. They are not physical either. Bump their receivers and pressure Brady. That's all it takes to beat them. The Steelers did it in 2011 and the Giants have used that defensive scheme in both championships

Depends if Butler can watch film and see what it takes to beat the Pats****. Lord knows Dick LeBeau couldn't do it even after we knew what they'd do and get ***-raped every game. LeBeau would give his stupid 10 yard cushion and Br*dy would throw 9 yard passes all goddamn day. Need to forget about having Shazier and Dupree rush and keep them back in pass protection in the middle since they're fast enough to cover. I wouldn't put money on that happening since Butler studied at the knee of LeBeau.

Last edited:

ExUSAF

Contributor
Reaction score

The Giants had a pass rush with their down linemen. Not sure we can do that without blitzing.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
LeBeau would blitz with large cushions. It was like pay playing pitch and catch. The one time we had success we played tight man coverage. I think it was Brady who said they were not ready for that. Not sure if that will work again plus Cockrell seems to be slumping. I think we need to blitz with a tighter zone coverage. We definitely need to defend the short middle of the field.

mdk2

Reaction score
Steelers - 33
Pete Carroll's long face - 31

SteveA

Reaction score
Steelers 28
Patriots 27

Brady scores the go ahead TD with :46. For a 27-25 lead. Ben gets the ball & says on FACE CHAT "left us too much time". Tomlin saved 2 timeouts in spite of Steeler Nation yelling for him to burn them on Brady's late TD drive.

Big Ben starts on the Steeler 25 & marches down field with sideline passes to Rogers & Heyward Bey. The biggest catch is Jessie James 21 yarder, but he cannot get out of bounds & Tomlin uses 1 of the timeouts he saved that Steeler Nation wanted him to burn. With 11 seconds left AB gets the Steelers to the 19 yard line & in the red-zone with a one handed grab ala' Beckham, only to be penalized for a Dancing with the Stars celebration and takes a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty. Tomlin cuts him on the spot.......He will later sign him back at half price.....

Boswell is faced with a 51 yard field goal & missed the first one as Bellichick calls time out. On the ensuing play DeCastro gets a false start as he can hear nothing in the deafening noise of Gillette Stadium, which pushes the ball out to the 39 yard line. It is later revealed that DeCastro was actually watching AB's FB live and wasn't paying attention to Ben.

Pushed back 5 additional yards, Boz lines up and attempts the longest FG of his young career, a 56 yarder. The kick is up and is a low knuckleball line drive as Boz overcompensates. The ball knuckles toward the goal post as it twirls end over end & hits the bottom cross bar, bounces 5 feet above the bar & barely nestles over the goal post......

After the game word spread that the ball used for the game winning field goal was over inflated by 2.5 lbs as both Bellichick & Tom Brady instructed the New England ball crew to make certain the balls are not under inflated.....They follow order exactly the way they did oh so many years ago. In a Sports science show in the summer of 2017 it is determined that the over inflated balls added approximately 8 yards of distance to Boz' kick....

Onto Dallas to face Green Bay....

Someone at Steeler Nation starts a poll if Boz should be the 4th member of the Killer B's........

Last edited:

Booted

Less-known member
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Pats: Points
Steelers: More points.