• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Official Prediction Thread Steelers vs Pats*** Part II

stillerfaninfl

Contributor
Reaction score
Hate to go against the home team, but....

We are 3 and 7 against these *holes the last 10 games we have played them. For some reason or another they have our number. We can't get the ball in the endzone. Playing on the road. They cheat. The deck is stacked against us. Hopefully one of their players or fans will desecrate a Terrible Towel.

Men of Steel - 16
Cheatriots - 27

I think our time is next year.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Steelers 26
Cheats 24

hook

Forefather
Reaction score
Cheat's 34

Steelers 26

Red zone struggles continue for us. While I do think we'll score a couple, I just don't think it'll be enough.

I hope I'm wrong (again).

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Goodell's Boys - 28

A-ME's team - 24

Once again defense blows a 4th qtr lead.
Don't you have some uggs to go try on???

This will not be an easy game nor should it be.

At this point in time, the Steelers are relatively healthy and has its identity. 9 games won in a row!

I do not think New England can stop our power running game. By running it well early, it keeps Brady off the field. Make them stop it, with, or without their deflated footballs! Then Haley needs to call play action once Beleicheat adjusts and deploys his forces closer to the line of scrimmage. I think our OL can handle their front seven.

Once we enter the 10-yard line, our smaller WR's aren't ideal options for some routes. Run it some more. Give it to Bell 3-4 times, I don't care if we have to go for it on 4th down, you are not beating the New England Patriots with field goals unless it's in the 4th quarter and we have the ball last.

On defense, Brady isn't easy to sack, but he hates pressure up the middle and isn't the hardest guy in the world to sack once a player approaches his area. So ILB blitzes with Shazier / Timmons or a DB blitz on the corner can work. Unforetneluely he's the NFL golden boy, so any hit, even one a fraction of a second late, or legal hard shot can draw a flag. As for coverage, Brady not going deep often. Play tighter coverage as New England doesn't have any burners, and he often throws the ball quickly. Watch out for Bellicheat's pick plays, and keep sending 4 or more.

Boswell is money, but this game could be close, so we need continued excellence on kick coverage and Berry needs to make sure our field position is good, with no touchbacks, and high kicks with distance.

I am reasonably optimistic regarding our chances for Victory, but all three phase of the game, Offense, Defense and Special teams need to pull their own weight. Also, timeouts need to be carefully managed, particularly late in the game as I do NOT want Brady to have the ball last with too much time for him or not enough time for us if he does score.

Prediction: Steelers 31, Patriots 24

Good stuff, Coach

I, personally, this think game will be the game that sets the Steelers up as "boss hog" for the remainder of the season and next year too.

The arrow continues to point UP on defense - I am no longer afraid to see the slow developing CROSS BLITZ from our ILB's (Timmons just shoots the gap and destroys the opposing QB once a game). Our pass coverage may not be "lock tight" but the boys are playing fast and reacting well. I agree that press coverage and blitzes will be key to build a nice lead.

On offense, who do the *'s have to stop ALL OF OUR OPTIONS??? They cannot double AB because it will open massive running lanes for Bell. They can put 8 in the box because "Smart Ben" is going to torch them w/ quick passes to either TE and our shifty speed guys in the slot. IF Sammie Coates shows up this week and it will be a major problem for the *'s.

Visiting Steelers 29
End of a cheating era 20

Frosty

Reaction score
What? I pissed on your Cheerios again? Seemed like the thing to do.

steelersfootball4life

Reaction score
Steelers 29

HERE WE GO.....to once again set another first, another record.....9 Super Bowl appearances!!

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Men O' Steel 34

cheating ******** 26

madinsomniac

Reaction score
**** the pats... steelers 33 pats 27...they lose on a super controversial call and are salty forever... brady contracts some terrible std that forces his retirement and belicheck quits to coach the 49rs...

Also the Pens blow out the Bruins 5-2.... all boston fans get out their red sox jerseys early.

BAS

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Steelers 27
Patriots 24