• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Nothing about us trading for another pick - Isaiahh Loudermilk, DE

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe, just maybe................................they liked the sound of his last name......

Salute the nation
Pulled this from another site, thought I'd post it for those who think Loudermilk isn't the exact type of DE the Steelers are looking for.

Aaron Smith's combine stats versus Loudermilk's. Just from a physical traits standpoint, here are their numbers:

Height: 6'5 1/8" (Smith); 6'6 3/8" (Loudermilk)
Weight: 279 lbs.; 274 lbs.
40 time: 5.08 secs.; 5.08 secs (listed as low as 4.95)
10 split: 1.69 secs.; 1.71 secs. (listed as low as 1.63)
Broad J: 110 in.; 112 in.
Vertical J: 29.5 in.; 28.5 in.
Bench: 19 reps; 21 reps

Also, Loudermilk stated that he lost weight for his pro day and his normal playing weight is around 290.

The Steelers didn't just randomly draft this kid. They invested a 2022 4th round pick to grab him where they did. It was a concerted, pre-meditated effort. That tells me they had this guy circled as someone they definitely wanted to add to the mix. Probably did so knowing how difficult it is to find the type of DE that works in our 3-4 front.

This may be the most intriguing pick for me, given how nobody thought much of the kid. Steelers brainstrust thought otherwise, in a pretty remarkable fashion.

Ask yourself, who was Aaron Smith, when he got drafted in the - cough - 4th round back in 1999 out of tiny Northern Colorado? I wonder how the draft gurus & talking heads graded that pick?

And no, I am not suggesting Loudermilk will be as good as Aaron Smith, arguably one of the best D-linemen we've ever had. What I am suggesting, is this pick wasn't some wild dart throw by the Steelers FO & coaches. I think they see a player who can come in as Cam's understudy and potentially be a nice piece in this D.

Good post Tibbs, thanks

I'm excited as well and hope for FULL TC to assess his abilities. Even though he was taken in the fifth round we have to remeber it cost us a 4th round pick. Not a lot of difference there in picks but keep that in mind. I don't know much about the kid other than watching highlights so I'll have to wait it out,,...... like the rest of us.

Salute the nation

stuntmanmike

Contributor
Reaction score
It’s hard to know to know about this pick this draft was all over the place this pick is a good example.. just gotta hope the front office knows something we don’t…