• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Not getting the no sense of urgency in free agency.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
The fact that you think I was referring specifically to you in my original post says more about you than it does me, I didn't name you, and nor was I "lumping" anyone together. Some have been noticably angry and frustrated, but they also don't make every thread about their anger and frustration, and some (see that word, it's called a qualifier) whine about everything in every thread. I hate participation trophies, and I'm very frustrated with the organization. I just don't feel the need to ***** about it by hijacking every thread to make it about that. The fact I didn't name anyone specifically, meant it only applied to a certain group.You done now?

You are in my thread spewing it, if it wasn't directed towards me why say it in my thread? If it doesn't apply?

Listen this is a low point for the Steelers. They just depleted depth at an area on the team that has kept them afloat.They retained a coach that appears to be the definition of mediocrity.

They haven't been developing draft picks well as of late.They have been bringing in too many scrub free agents as of late. The have a D coach that couldn't adjust a D to save his life.

You have a elite QB that is on the tail end of a career.

So I want to see them give him the weapons he needs. And I want to see improvement on D.

The majority of my threads are about news.

And besides cheering them on for every ******* day out of 365 days of the year, if I want to vent I am going to.

Next week I might be happy who ******* knows.

And some of the disgruntled fans might be too. And maybe they won't.

Majority of that stops when you win and when you actually make moves to improve.

But I don't desire for my team to look like Pirates of free agency,

and that is ok.

Got it? good

stevielee

Reaction score
We never have a sense of urgency in FA. Unfortunately, this year, we have way too many holes to even dream about filling in the draft. So, if no serious action in FA, we will once again have to hope someone steps up.
I've gotten to the point we're just about everything they do, or don't do, just pisses me off a little more. I suggest everyone go out and buy a 5 month supply of their favorite beverage. Go fishin, golfing, or whatever floats your boat, enjoy life, and forget about this **** show for a while. I'm going to start by taking my own advice.

Sent from my VS988 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Reactions: MTC

ExUSAF

Contributor
Reaction score
We never have a sense of urgency in FA. Unfortunately, this year, we have way too many holes to even dream about filling in the draft. So, if no serious action in FA, we will once again have to hope someone steps up.

Look, I worry less about the players than the FO and coach that wastes any talent we bring in. We are becoming the place no one wants to go because of the dysfunctionality - is that a word?

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Look, I worry less about the players than the FO and coach that wastes any talent we bring in. We are becoming the place no one wants to go because of the dysfunctionality - is that a word?

Yes if you look up defense in the dictionary, it has a picture of Butlin smiling while in an embrace. Alternate word (synonym):dysfunctionality.

Last edited:

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
roby is out move to pj Williams and Wr Tyrell Williams and cobb. both WR DL pernell Mchphee should of went after Amos.

Last edited:

skialta

Reaction score
You are in my thread spewing it, if it wasn't directed towards me why say it in my thread? If it doesn't apply?

Listen this is a low point for the Steelers. They just depleted depth at an area on the team that has kept them afloat.They retained a coach that appears to be the definition of mediocrity.

They haven't been developing draft picks well as of late.They have been bringing in too many scrub free agents as of late. The have a D coach that couldn't adjust a D to save his life.

You have a elite QB that is on the tail end of a career.

So I want to see them give him the weapons he needs. And I want to see improvement on D.

The majority of my threads are about news.

And besides cheering them on for every ******* day out of 365 days of the year, if I want to vent I am going to.

Next week I might be happy who ******* knows.

And some of the disgruntled fans might be too. And maybe they won't.

Majority of that stops when you win and when you actually make moves to improve.

But I don't desire for my team to look like Pirates of free agency,

and that is ok.

Got it? good

i came to terms with the fact that ben has no chance of winning another super bowl with this front office two years ago when they gave up 45 points in a playoff game and then quickly fired the offensive coordinator. i truly has softened losing to ****** teams and just a general lack of fire in the team. definitely sucks

black and gold apex

Reaction score
Not sure who can afford many of these players picked up, so I get the Steelers sleeping but what happened to the big changes coming.

Fshtik

Reaction score
While otherwise teams are hard at work getting better thru FA, Colbert and Tomlin are in Bradenton hanging out with the Pirates. WTF!!

Sent from my moto z3 using Steeler Nation mobile app

mdk2

Reaction score
While otherwise teams are hard at work getting better thru FA, Colbert and Tomlin are in Bradenton hanging out with the Pirates. WTF!!

Sent from my moto z3 using Steeler Nation mobile app

As much as I’d like to agree, Belichick is sitting on the beach during all this too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
As much as I’d like to agree, Belichick is sitting on the beach during all this too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cheats actually have been winning significantly this decade, the Steelers not so much.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
People have a tendency to just LUMP everyone together,..........well several of us here and I for one am NOT a lump.

Passionate..... yes and maybe even a passionate lump but NOT just a plain lumped together lump,..........Kapish?????

Salute the nation

Fergie had lovely lady lumps at one point in American history

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I've gotten to the point we're just about everything they do, or don't do, just pisses me off a little more. I suggest everyone go out and buy a 5 month supply of their favorite beverage. Go fishin, golfing, or whatever floats your boat, enjoy life, and forget about this **** show for a while. I'm going to start by taking my own advice.

Sent from my VS988 using Steeler Nation mobile app

I second this

Spike

Reaction score
Fshtik said:
Colbert and Tomlin are in Bradenton hanging out with the Pirates. WTF!!

They just left a big pile of stinking **** in Steelers fans hands to deal with, can u blame them for ducking and leaving town?

Spike

Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS ALERT!

Tomlin, Colbert ready for some baseball

yd7mtkl6vlzxvu8mihn1.jpg

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Paper reporting that Cody Sensabaugh is an unrestricted FA. If they let him walk after letting Jesse James go I'm just f'n done, we're doomed.

ExUSAF

Contributor
Reaction score
C'mon Ron, do you really think keeping Cody is going to make or break this team? When the time comes for the prediction, I'm figuring 7-9 for this team this year and that's only if they stay healthy.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
C'mon Ron, do you really think keeping Cody is going to make or break this team? When the time comes for the prediction, I'm figuring 7-9 for this team this year and that's only if they stay healthy.

Absolutely. Sensabaugh is another player who "knows the system". 7-9? Where's your faith, man? I'm predicting 8-8.

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Getting tips on being a ****** small market team that can’t keep talent.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
at this point I don't care who it is but we need to upgrade the iLB position. no way we can go into Sept with what we have now.

SteveA

Reaction score
Come on guys it is clear to everyone they are finalizing the Justin Houston deal.