• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

NFL to interview four players about PED report - one is Deebo

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-nfl-schedules-interviews-with-four-players-about-ped-report

Report: NFL schedules interviews with four players about PED report

Packers linebackers Clay Matthews and Julius Peppers, Steelers linebacker James Harrison and free agent Mike Neal were named in the Al-Jazeera report that also included Peyton Manning

by Jared Dubin @jadubin5 21h ago • 1 min read

Back in late December, a report from Al-Jazeera linked six NFL players to human growth hormone or performance-enhancing drugs. After the report came out, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell announced that the league would launch an investigation into its veracity. Earlier this month, the NFL accused the NFLPA of stalling the investigation.

"We have pushed to do them sooner," NFL spokesman Joe Lockhart told The MMQB. "[The union has] articulated some reasons why they can't be done right away."

On Friday afternoon, USA Today reported that four of the players -- Packers linebackers Clay Matthews and Julius Peppers, Steelers linebacker James Harrison, and former Packers linebacker Mike Neal -- will be interviewed about the allegations in the coming weeks. Matthews, Peppers, and Harrison are scheduled to be interviewed on the first day of training camp, while Neal will be interviewed on or before July 22.

A letter was sent from Adolpho Birch to NFL counsel Heather McPhee on the subject, that read in part:
"On January 11, 2016, the league notified Messrs. Peppers, Neal, Matthews and Harrison that it had initiated an investigation following the airing of the Al-Jazeera America documentary, which raised serious issues concerning their possible violation of the NFL/NFLPA Policy on Performance-Enhancing Substances.

The players were further advised that, with their full and timely cooperation, the investigation would be conducted expeditiously and with minimal disruption.

While the investigation has proceeded, we have yet to interview the players.

We have attempted since early April to work through the NFLPA to schedule them, but despite multiple requests the NFLPA has failed to respond, except to seek reconsideration of the basis for the investigation.

This continuing delay and avoidance has obstructed our ability to conduct and conclude the investigation.

In fairness to all, including the players involved, we must move forward with the interviews.

Accordingly, this will advise that the interviews of Messrs. Peppers, Matthews and Harrison will be scheduled for the first day of their respective training camps, and the interview of Mr. Neal (free agent) will take place on or before July 22.

The players will be advised of the specific scheduling details by separate correspondence on which the NFLPA will be copied, and of course an NFLPA representative may attend each interview should the player so request."

An NFLPA spokesman gave USA Today no comment on the matter.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
and case should be closed

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-clinic-mailed-hgh-to-peyton-mannings-wife-in-2011/

But according to an ESPN report, Sly said that he recanted his story to Al Jazeera when he realized that it had used information he had "made up" to Liam Collins, a British hurdler and the undercover reporter who he says was trying to get into the supplementation business.
In the ESPN report, Sly said he was a student intern at The Guyer Institute in 2013 rather than 2011 as the Al Jazeera story alleges and that he was "testing" Al Jazeera's undercover reporter by dropping "names like Peyton Manning, Derek Jeter, Ryan Howard and James Harrison."

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I knew all along he was just dropping names to sell his stuff.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I knew all along he was just dropping names to sell his stuff.

that should be slander............ nothing legal James can take up with that ?

Iron95

Contributor
Reaction score
Why would the NFL ever care about what Al Jazeera has to say about anything? They are Islamic extremist for Christ sakes!

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
Why would the NFL ever care about what Al Jazeera has to say about anything? They are Islamic extremist for Christ sakes!

No Al Jazeera is not. None other than Al Gore does significant business with them. you should look it up.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Sad that this"Islamic extremist" news agency does better unbiased work than our major news networks.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Sad that this"Islamic extremist" news agency does better unbiased work than our major news networks.

Right?

Seems like this agency went to great lengths. I do believe some of these athletes are taking some type of PED however. 250lb+ freak athletes running into each other on a constant basis all the while still having to put in staying in shape takes a physical toll on the body. Personally I have no issue with it. You still have to put in the necessary work while on PEDs. But to note James Harrison has even went as far to record his drug test to show the fans he was clean. The NFL shot him down. The conspiract theorist in me thinks the NFL has a beef with the athletes mentioned

Steeler

Contributor
Reaction score
Anybody see James response to this ****? He posted it on fb and Instagram. Good stuff, but I'm too lazy right now to post it.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Anybody see James response to this ****? He posted it on fb and Instagram. Good stuff, but I'm too lazy right now to post it.

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...es-letter-league-along-message-roger-goodell/

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score

Yep thats a big FU to Commissioner Pats-Lover.

fedderone

A Legend In My Spare Time
Contributor
Reaction score
I heart deebo

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-meeting-his-house-commissioner-roger-goodell

James Harrison says he is willing to meet with NFL investigators to discuss being linked to performance-enhancing drugs in an Al-Jazeera America report, but the Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker has a few conditions for the interview.

Harrison wrote in an Instagram post late Sunday that the meeting must take place at his house before training camp begins and that commissioner Roger Goodell must attend the interview.

Harrison also posted a copy of the NFL's letter scheduling his interview for July 28, the day before the Steelers open camp in Latrobe, Pennsylvania.

Asked by ESPN and Pro Football Talk for a response to Harrison's post, the NFL declined comment. Harrison's agent, Bill Parise, also declined comment to ESPN.

The Al-Jazeera report in December claimed that Harrison was one of several players to receive shipments of a new performance-enhancing drug called Delta-2 from a man identified as a pharmacist.

Harrison denied the allegations. The man, Charlie Sly, has since recanted the story that was the focus of the report, which also implicated Peyton Manning as a recipient of HGH.

The NFL has also requested interviews with Green Bay Packers linebackers Julius Peppers and Clay Matthews and free agent Mike Neal, according to a letter obtained by ESPN on Friday.

In a statement responding to the letter Friday, the NFL Players Association said the league is trying to pressure the players into submission.

"The NFL has chosen to initiate an investigation of these players based upon now-recanted statements that appeared in an Al Jazeera report," the NFLPA said. "The NFLPA requested from the NFL any additional evidence supporting an investigation of the players; the NFL did not provide any such evidence, nor did they inform the NFLPA or the players that any such evidence exists."

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Ah James.

We love ya, but... Dude. You KNOW it aint gonna go down that way.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score

Last edited:

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Mr. Goodell probably just **** his pants after reading that

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...s-harrison-suspended-doesnt-interview-league/

and the gauntlet is thrown...............

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
The next strike is going to be fun and
Long