• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

NFL ratings continue to fall

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
The above proves you are a brainwashed pawn who is easily manipulated because you lack the IQ to see through what your masters are lying to you about. Kissinger said “Military men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy.” He ought to know. War is only inevitable when the establishment gets its way. Try telling the Swiss that war has to be endless. The old men getting rich on convincing war is inevitable laugh at duped patsies like you. They laugh at old fools like you, who actually believe we need to take half of our entire spending on nothing but men and machines to kill others. Instead of the govt. spending MUCH LESS or on things that actually BENEFIT the people, they convince buffoons like you that war is 100% inevitable and laugh all the way to their pile of gold. It is the brainwashed simpletons that allow this to keep happening. Tell why invading Iraq was such a necessity. Tell me why the killing of 1,000s of innocent civilians by drone attacks is needed. Let you cradle a dead little girl from those massacres and tell me why the drone murders are so necessary. Let me see you tell a father or mother of a dead infant from US drones and tell them, face-to-face, why we just had to bomb them. You wouldn't have the balls to do that, I guarantee it. So go hide behind your "there has to always be war" mantra and stay the ignorant patsy you are.

I've seen my fair share of the dead during my deployments to Afghanistan, I dont need you (of all people) lecturing me on the horrors of war. Again, you're not very bright, you dont understand history, you need a lot of help. Please get it.

ark steel

Reaction score
as for the OP's #6, ive never been in ANY sports crowd that wasn't cheering their ***** off every time military appreciation was shown at the game.

part of my problem, having grown up watching in the 70's is that you could cheer for or against players for YEARS! These days, 2 years later they are either on your team (if you didn't like them) or on the team you hate the most (if you did like them). Remember Franco going to Seattle? How sad was that? I could never picture Staubach in a uniform other than a Cowboys uniform.

P

POP

Also. Fantasy Football.

The league decided to cater itself toward the casual football fan -fantasy football player. I think it worked initially, but has since back-fired.

Die-hard traditionalist were put off by the fantasy angle and annoyed with, for example, having to wait to see score updates due to individual player stat updates scroll at the bottom of the screen. Oh, Wes Welker has 4 catches for 35 yards! Who gives a ****? This didn't matter because it was more than offset by fantasy fans who were watching for no other reason. Well, now every fantasy player has an app that gives them that information and they aren't watching on TV. Fantasy football is a game they play on their phone.

I don't know. With me, I watch more NFL because of FF. To me, it's more fun watching a game when it has an impact on my FF game. Like last night's game: a lame game overall, with our only natural care was for Browns to pull and upset, But the game was a "little" more interesting to me because I had two FF players going. And they still give game scores and there are plenty of channels to find those if you wish, and don't forget general gambling on the NFL is alive and well. But even with FF and betting, viewership on the NFL is down. And if it keeps going down, guess who's job is in jeopardy??

Lloyds legend

Contributor
Reaction score
Black and Gold Apex I had the same feelings as you last year.

Dumped the ticket and honestly it's nice to have the time to pursue other interests when the Steelers aren't on.

And if viewership is at an all time low, my question would be why not lower the price for the ticket in the first place?

P

POP

as for the OP's #6, ive never been in ANY sports crowd that wasn't cheering their ***** off every time military appreciation was shown at the game.

part of my problem, having grown up watching in the 70's is that you could cheer for or against players for YEARS! These days, 2 years later they are either on your team (if you didn't like them) or on the team you hate the most (if you did like them). Remember Franco going to Seattle? How sad was that? I could never picture Staubach in a uniform other than a Cowboys uniform.

Yes, most cheer, but most don't bother to think about it very much, other than they want to "support our troops" as do I. And none of the guys flying the F-18's, such as I watched last weekend, have anything to do with the never-ending war mongering of the USA. And, some of the player movement is fine by me. I didn't want Mike Wallace to be on this team. I was more than happy to see him kick bricks, even though he did scorch us last week.

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Today's remarks by Goodell tell you all you need to know about the NFL''s issues.

The election of Trump will make his job harder, presumably , to fight Domestic Violence. think ray rice is a trump voter?

**** you, goodell . look in the mirror .

Yep a huge part of the NFL's problem is that Goodell has re-invented the league's imagine as this beacon of morality, disciplining the **** out of players for every transgression. Well guess what happens when you are the supposed beacon of discipline, and with all eyes on you, you come up with woefully inconsistent bullshit punishments on hot button topics like DV?

Maybe Roger shouldn't have tried to make himself the "discipline commissioner" and the NFL the beacon of the nation's morality, and he wouldn't have this problem. You don't see any other sports league in the news for its disciplinary practices because none of them tried to put it at the forefront of their league's brand image to begin with. You take unnecessary PR hits when you try to be more than what you are - a ******* SPORTS LEAGUE!

P

POP

I've seen my fair share of the dead during my deployments to Afghanistan,

No doubt caused by the immoral, illegal invasion and occupation of US troops. Did you get to guard the poppy fields like other US troops to ensure Afg heroin production would grow by 1000%?

I dont need you (of all people) lecturing me on the horrors of war.

Too bad. I can lecture whomever I want. The 1st amd. gives me that right.
Again, you're not very bright, you dont understand history, you need a lot of help. Please get it.

You mean I need help in getting brainwashed so I don't understand the truth and realities of the world, like you? I bet you are currently "getting help" in the form of many things.

P

POP

Yep a huge part of the NFL's problem is that Goodell has re-invented the league's imagine as this beacon of morality, disciplining the **** out of players for every transgression. Well guess what happens when you are the supposed beacon of discipline, and with all eyes on you, you come up with woefully inconsistent bullshit punishments on hot button topics like DV?

Maybe Roger shouldn't have tried to make himself the "discipline commissioner" and the NFL the beacon of the nation's morality, and he wouldn't have this problem. You don't see any other sports league in the news for its disciplinary practices because none of them tried to put it at the forefront of their league's brand image to begin with. You take unnecessary PR hits when you try to be more than what you are - a ******* SPORTS LEAGUE!

I loath Roger and his policies, but don't blame him; he takes marching orders, he doesn't come up with this bull **** on his own. The US govt. uses the NFL to sell their agenda: constantly remind us to be frightened of scary terrorists, comply with the police state, glamorize unjust wars as "keeping us free" and all their ******* bull ****.

P

POP

I have finally made up my mind that this is the last year for NFL ticket with Direct TV. It truly is killing me to make this decision, the game has lost its appeal. I have been an ad vat Steeler fan since 1964, just made up my mind it is not fun watching anymore. I'll find a place to see the boys play buy other wise I could care less. The NFL should be happy so many fans are involved with fantasy and stats football. Sad to say I even gave my Dallas tickets to Ronald McDonald house in Pittsburgh I'm so fed up with the game.

I hear you. I am not all the way there yet (have not cancelled NFL Ticket yet) but each season, I get closer and closer to just blowing the NFL off all together. And if the Steelers endlessly stay with their inferior coach, who can't beat even bad teams, I will even bail on the Steelers.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score

The day I look to the NFL to be my moral beacon is the day I will put on my wife beater, smoke a couple blunts, drive down to the liquor store to escape my baby mama #1's house to go pick up some Henny and malt liquor, drink a couple on the way to the strip club, have a couple in the alley out back while getting a knob job, get back in my car, smoke another blunt on the way to baby mama #2's house, have a few more drinks, punch her in the mouth for getting lippy, smoke another blunt as I run over an innocent bystander on the way to baby mama #3's house, get there and beat the crap out kids #5&6 for telling me I smoke and drink too much...pass! This game plan is as bad as Haley v Ravens last week, pass!

I watch the NFL for some contact competition, not much more. Sadly half of this equation is leaving the game too. I most definitely have never looked to the NFL as a moral beacon. Sure all the guys don't play out like the above scenario, but many of them have at least a few of those traits. Hell, I love to drink and have a good time responsibly. But even when I've had too many I'm not thinking man I gotta model my life after these guys.

Stewey

Reaction score
#5. You can make a case for the color rush uni's, but the throwbacks are hardly clowning up. They are part of NFL football tradition. I like going to the Hall of Fame and seeing how things were.

The only case against the throwbacks is that they shouldn't overdo it. Feature throwbacks every very few years or on special occasions.

#6 You're way out of line. Not one person sitting down to watch a game thinks the industrialized military complex is being shoved down their throats. Puhleeeze.

Glorifying blatant war was quashed a long time ago. Perhaps you don't recall the public backlash after Kellen Winslow Jr. of the Browns said something to the affect that "we are soldjas", or when a dozen University of Miami players came to play Penn State for the NCAA championship arriving in green battle fatigues because "they were on a mission".

Last edited:

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Goodell took money out of the owners pocket with his inconsistencies. Fans are not stupid you feed them bullshit and they will eventually stop going to games and stop watching.

If I wasn't such a die hard Steelers fanatic extremist, I would have stopped watching year ago.

They will not lower ticket sales, Until they wake up and replace that tool the owners can expect more of the same.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
I personally hope the ratings continue to fall. Lower ratings equates to lower dollar tv contracts which is the only way to get greedy NFL owners to can the pos Goodell. Hit the money hungry owners in the pocket and they may finally awaken and get rid of the head dick in charge and then hopefully the game can change course towards a better product. The over exposure of the NFL is a simple supply and demand where the supply is too great now and it should lower the cost of the product. The league has taken so many mis steps under Fuhr Goodell in recent years that lower ratings are finally happening! This is great, especially if it helps to bump all the blow hard ESPN talking heads off their easy NFL commenting jobs. Soooo many good things could happen from this.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, most cheer, but most don't bother to think about it very much, other than they want to "support our troops" as do I. And none of the guys flying the F-18's, such as I watched last weekend, have anything to do with the never-ending war mongering of the USA. And, some of the player movement is fine by me. I didn't want Mike Wallace to be on this team. I was more than happy to see him kick bricks, even though he did scorch us last week.

You sir, have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Active and Reserve pilots in all of our armed services are on a rotational combat unit deployment when assigned. As are all other non-flying units in service.

No doubt caused by the immoral, illegal invasion and occupation of US troops. Did you get to guard the poppy fields like other US troops to ensure Afg heroin production would grow by 1000%?

Too bad. I can lecture whomever I want. The 1st amd. gives me that right.

You mean I need help in getting brainwashed so I don't understand the truth and realities of the world, like you? I bet you are currently "getting help" in the form of many things.

Just as "no doubt" caused by the 2,996 lives killed on 9/11 by Al Qaeda whose headquarters were in Afghanistan and supported by the Taliban who controlled the country.

As infrequent as it is, you are correct for once on the notion that the First Amendment prohibits the free exercise thereof; or abridgment of your freedom of speech. Unfortunately, your lecturing properties are hardly adequate to give you any credit.Nor does your respect to those who provide you the ability to have that right under the 1st Amendment.

You don't need any help from anyone as you appear to brainwash yourself on your own opinions regarding the "truth and realities of the world". Narcissism is real. You are proving it.

It is interesting. You attempt to identify yourself as an intellectual in your musings on football, which in itself is entertainment for the masses. But it is big business in a free society. You may indeed have a good knowledge of the game but that's all. Until you publish your Curriculum Vitae which details your intimate knowledge of all aspects of the game and profession, all you have is an opinion. Just like most everyone has sphincters and rectums. Everyone respects your opinions (again part of the 1st Amendment), but most don't agree with them.

As for your intellectual views on non-football related matters, again they are opinions, while sometimes ignorant, still personal observations and nothing more. That is what the 1st Amendment provides you. So rather disrespecting veterans with your attempt at intellectual acknowledgement, you should be thanking them for giving you the opportunity to sow your ignorance. This is a football forum. Try to keep it football, anything else goes to the other forums on this site.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
A huge thanks to all the vets that allow me to have my freedom to sometimes misguided thoughts, beer to drink, concerts to go see, chicken wings to eat and football to watch in a place I'm lucky enough to call home. We aren't perfect, but there ain't no place I'd rather be, than the home of the free. Sincerely much love for all the vets out there.